A Poll on the name of the supporter group Name ~please vote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every single one of those names is poxy. Did the Rockers come up with them?
If you want to know the majority of rockers are disinterested in the proposal. I came up with a couple of names like Barracking team, supporters team ,eagle Squadron, etc. for a bit of fun. Did you even have a go, no off course not just like you couldn't play rugby league if you tried but you're good at putting the boot into people who can play.

I dont think it will even happen because most of those posters are full of hot air and dont even go to games and if they do they turn up when first grade starts. Its my experience that if you want sit as a group with flags , etc you have to get there early and secure your spot ESPECIALLY at away games.

I bet it wont happen and if it does they will have a handful of people and will struggle as a group. If manly loses any games they will drop out like flies. If it does happen you will be under the thumb of the club meaning they will tell you what you can say and do on the official forum and possibly at games as well. If you become a part of the supporters group the official site will be the forum and you know what their rules are like now. According to them the past never happened. the club never formed in 1947, world war 2 is a myth. I hate people who tell me to forget the past. We should all learn from history's mistakes.

Eagles Nest -> umm that would only work at brookie or to describe the place they gather

Mighty manly army??? please, why don't we call our selves the \"Dragons Army\"

Are there no original ideas left?

Like I say \"The Silvertails\" is the best supporters name and many a person agrees from other clubs.
Being called a Silvertail wouldn't sit easy with me. it implies you are wealthy and the club you support are wealthy. I am a working class person and proud of it. The game was started by working class people here and in england. Working class people have been the backbone of the game and that's why it became the most popular game in this state surpassing the rah rahs, etc. The manly club is a long way from being the wealthy club we once were.

Want to know another reason why I dont think it will work? because people like you and another person continue to attack our group. The club has told me a club volunteer to move on. Why dont you?

You made this post today so you've still got a problem with the rockers. Its not in the past, its still happening, the sooner the morons pushing for one group wake up to the fact it wont work the better.

[quote author=Daniel]
Eagles Nest -> umm that would only work at brookie or to describe the place they gather

Mighty manly army??? please, why don't we call our selves the \"Dragons Army\"

Are there no original ideas left?

Like I say \"The Silvertails\" is the best supporters name and many a person agrees from other clubs.
Being called a Silvertail wouldn't sit easy with me. it implies you are wealthy and the club you support are wealthy. I am a working class person and proud of it. The game was started by working class people here and in england. Working class people have been the backbone of the game and that's why it became the most popular game in this state surpassing the rah rahs, etc. The manly club is a long way from being the wealthy club we once were.

[/quote]

You have completely and utterly missed the point!

It is a name that will raise ire in opposition fans. It will create rivalry, it follows onto the running theme that has always been pinned to this club that we are the Silvertails v the fibros.

On top of that it is marketable, the reason we chose the name. It can easily be marketed and can easily be pinned to the Sea Eagles.

The work is already done for the club on the marketing side, there is already a present "air" about the name.

But then I can't assume you have any marketing acumen can I?

I personally don’t think Silvertails is a great name for a supporter group. It doesn’t have instil a group mentality which is what you want if you’re creating a game day group.

Maybe you could blend the two. Silvertails Squadran….or whatever suits.

Great name for a forum, not so good for a supporter group imo.

[quote author=Matabele]
Want to know another reason why I dont think it will work? because people like you and another person continue to attack our group. The club has told me a club volunteer to move on. Why dont you?

You made this post today so you've still got a problem with the rockers. Its not in the past, its still happening, the sooner the morons pushing for one group wake up to the fact it wont work the better.
[/quote]

One thing you have completely missed sport is that the Rockers wouldnt be a problem for anyone if it wasnt for the dropkicks like Pestbury & Browneye with obnoxious, overbearing, holier than thou, know it all, attitudes. Telling all & sundry what they can say an what they cant. Then dodging any challenge.

These so called morons who are pushing for a united fan group are doing this with clearly good intentions. From the outset it was a totally inclusive concept. Your self diagnosed disinterest is just a reflection of your own insecurities & fears that you would not be wholly in control.

So stick it up your coit ! 8)

Its not just the Silvertails that wont get over the past.

I would say the Rockers are as bad or even worse when it comes to sticking the boot into the other groups. TBH I cant believe some take it so seriously.

I would be very happy to sit alongside the Rocker notables if we were in a unified group - no problems wth it whatsoever.

But I somehow suspect the feeling is not mutual.

So I guess that shows where the problem lies hey?

Where you wearing that jesters beanie when you approached them. That could answer why they were spooked..... ;)

Seems a bit petty not to shake your hand. I always felt , if someone you dont like offers their hand , shake it, because in the end you look like the bigger idiot if you dont shake and walk away.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6