A PLAN TO SAVE BRETT STEWART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There comes a time when great players no longer are great players. The game these days is faster than ever and it is no doubt a young mans game. Like it or not the salary cap is here to even out the talent. We can't afford to lose the young ones to provide retirement packages for the older ones if we want to be like the Broncos & Storm.

How about a plan to save StewartBrett(female supporter)? One of the more awesome user names on this site. She has gone quiet.

bob dylan said:
Ryan said:
I love how the fans "rally" behind a player, who has absolute apathy for those same very fans.

Here's a tip - your all dead to him.

He'll take the biggest/longest offer - and why not !

Onward and upward Mr Clinton Gutherson.

Same with Foran - GO to Belmore. We'll play Riccardi or your brother. Riccardi's Dad is a prominant / consistent poster on this site - he'd be pumped ! Right ?

Nailed my thoughts there Ryan.

These players need to be given a deadline, a take the offer or leave it choice . Manly are the employers here and should not be dictated to by any one employee and their manager.

I died when I heard Fulton was a Rooster and let me tell you now their are no Fultons in our great team any more.

Masked Eagle said:
As for Liam, if Kieran goes, he'll be cut straight away. He's not up to it. Riccardi for sure.

Plenty here said DCE wasnt going to cut it either, same with Hodko.

That's a 50% success rate.

Stupid idea.He has signed with the roosters for 2.6 million.Your donations would have to exceed that amount.And he would have to renege on the contract.

Neither will happen.

Pool your money for Matai,or tempt C Bailey out of retirement.

Attention mods be prepared to give me a 24 hour banning when it's announced Brett is staying because I will give this Gronk the biggest spray in the history of the site and I'm prepared to cop a short holiday.

Cambo said:
Attention mods be prepared to give me a 24 hour banning when it's announced Brett is staying because I will give this Gronk the biggest spray in the history of the site and I'm prepared to cop a short holiday.
And when he announces he has signed,you can give me a virtual felch,hanky hand grind and oral taint bleach.

Then you will say sorry and be Rambofan`s online biatch for life.

Hankies 6 for 3 bucks at Lowes.

Rambofan said:
Cambo said:
And when he announces he has signed,you can give me a virtual felch,hanky hand grind and oral taint bleach.

If he has signed why hasn't it been announced by now ?,its been a week since you said he signed and no one in the media has got wind of it ?? seems extremely strange if that is the case ...

Rambofan said:
Stupid idea.He has signed with the roosters for 2.6 million.Your donations would have to exceed that amount.And he would have to renege on the contract.

Neither will happen.

Pool your money for Matai,or tempt C Bailey out of retirement.

I thought it was $2.4 million. So when is this grand signing by the chooks going to be revealed ?

Stevie said:
If he has signed why hasn't it been announced by now ?,its been a week since you said he signed and no one in the media has got wind of it ?? seems extremely strange if that is the case ...

If he had signed last Friday, the Roosters management would have broken the sound barrier in an effort to announce it.

Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Cambo said:

Just because the Crappy graph hasn't run it,dosnt mean it is not true.

Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Cambo said:

I Never mentioned the telegraph , if you have a source as you say,what is the reason behind no announcement ,He hasn't told anyone at manly yet ???

The guy is on 500k and people want to donate money to him? It sounds so silly! He is getting a decade of wages on most people's yearly salaries. We have people starving and losing their homes and you want to give money to a guy who probably gets most things free as well!! eg restaraunts and drinks!
Truly donate your dough to Worldvision or some organisation that makes a difference. Work it out, he's been on average 300k for 8-9 years. That's nearly 3 million dollars before 30 years of age!!

Add to that, players dont have to cease working, find a porch seat and drink copious amounts of tea post football career.

Almost all have the ability to find paid employment quite easily & for many years to come.

Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Cambo said:

Some but not limited to,key points,

The addition of third party endorsements to the contract
Club timing after a few losses
Mini being told
Team mates and current and perspective sponsors being told
The clubs ability to find,sign and retain a young,reliable fullback
An explanation in his suspension still being asked for from the NRL in comparison to recent events by other players
Playing future structures in regard to position.
The inclusion of compensation clauses should he be injured this year.

Even though a formal commitment contract has been signed with a get out clause based around these commitments has been signed,they must be met BEFORE a formal,all inclusive agreement and contract is exchanged.

I assumed you meant the print media,considering most people here get ALL their mail from the rags.

Hope this helps

Rambofan

I Never mentioned the telegraph , if you have a source as you say,what is the reason behind no announcement ,He hasn't told anyone at manly yet ???

Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:

Mini being told
An explanation in his suspension still being asked for from the NRL in comparison to recent events by other players

Even though a formal commitment contract has been signed with a get out clause based around these commitments has been signed,they must be met BEFORE a formal,all inclusive agreement and contract is exchanged.

I assumed you meant the print media,considering most people here get ALL their mail from the rags.

Hope this helps

Rambofan

Interesting Reading thanks

Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Stevie said:

Mini being told

Hope this helps

Rambofan

Depending on the players manager,the forward moving club,the club being left and the individual situation of the player AND the clubs,contract negotiations can go on for months and months.As the negotiations move forward,some contracts and their components are signed off on PRIOR to the end contract being drawn,as they are fabricated.

This "Protects" the players and the forward club from changing circumstances,such as injury,recruitment of other players(in the players position)salary cap issues,sponsor drop offs and the player loyalty to third party sponsor attached to the club the player is going to.

EG If player "A" has a deal with a third party that is longer than the current contract,or the player has a get out clause that is executed,the player may inadvertently cross over to a team who has sponsors who are the third party player sponsors opposition.This causes drama for the player and his sponsor.

Confusing,I know.lol

there are many,many parts to a contract with a club these days.Many.And they are negotiated all the way to the day an announcement is made following the exchange.
Due time my good man,due time.

Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:
Stevie said:
Rambofan said:

Depending on the players manager,the forward moving club,the club being left and the individual situation of the player AND the clubs,contract negotiations can go on for months and months.As the negotiations move forward,some contracts and their components are signed off on PRIOR to the end contract being drawn,as they are fabricated.

This "Protects" the players and the forward club from changing circumstances,such as injury,recruitment of other players(in the players position)salary cap issues,sponsor drop offs and the player loyalty to third party sponsor attached to the club the player is going to.

EG If player "A" has a deal with a third party that is longer than the current contract,or the player has a get out clause that is executed,the player may inadvertently cross over to a team who has sponsors who are the third party player sponsors opposition.This causes drama for the player and his sponsor.

Confusing,I know.lol

there are many,many parts to a contract with a club these days.Many.And they are negotiated all the way to the day an announcement is made following the exchange.
Due time my good man,due time.

You seem very well versed in these matters, Makes me wonder How close to this you actually are , One more Question are Manly aware he is leaving ??

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4