A PLAN TO SAVE BRETT STEWART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eaglerob said:
We've all heard the term "Third Party Endorsements" but what does it really mean? This could be the one thing that saves Brett Stewart so please read on.
A Third Party Endorsement is whereby a person/persons or company who are not associated with or sponsor the Manly team, provide sponsorship to a player which will not effect the salary cap. This is so much simpler than we realise.
So......Manly fans, let's stand up and be counted! Obviously, we need to approach the local businesses of the Manly community, however, WE THE FANS can play a part in this process quite easily.
$7.50 IS ALL WE NEED FROM EACH FAN! A mere twenty thousand fans could gather $150,000 from their pocket change. This would form the first endorsement to go Brett's way.
If us fans can do this for our community's favourite team and Prince of Brookvale, then we challenge local businesses and companies to follow suit. Let's aim as high as we can go from as many local businesses as possible. The more we raise the better our chances of keeping Matai, Foran, and Lussick just to name a few.
Brett Stewart has been a part of many families and is a hero to children who follow Rugby League. We have stuck with him through thick and thin and it has never been more prominent than now.
We welcome everybody's ideas and input. We look forward to hearing from you THE FANS.
To show how serious we are, we have contacted some prominent figures and more info to follow shortly.
FOR MANLY'S SAKE LET'S SAVE THE SNAKE!

Sounds great, you're not very Nigeria though eh???

If a legit trust bank account is set up for Brett Stewart I'll donate $50.

Mals said:
eaglerob said:
We've all heard the term "Third Party Endorsements" but what does it really mean? This could be the one thing that saves Brett Stewart so please read on.
A Third Party Endorsement is whereby a person/persons or company who are not associated with or sponsor the Manly team, provide sponsorship to a player which will not effect the salary cap. This is so much simpler than we realise.
So......Manly fans, let's stand up and be counted! Obviously, we need to approach the local businesses of the Manly community, however, WE THE FANS can play a part in this process quite easily.
$7.50 IS ALL WE NEED FROM EACH FAN! A mere twenty thousand fans could gather $150,000 from their pocket change. This would form the first endorsement to go Brett's way.
If us fans can do this for our community's favourite team and Prince of Brookvale, then we challenge local businesses and companies to follow suit. Let's aim as high as we can go from as many local businesses as possible. The more we raise the better our chances of keeping Matai, Foran, and Lussick just to name a few.
Brett Stewart has been a part of many families and is a hero to children who follow Rugby League. We have stuck with him through thick and thin and it has never been more prominent than now.
We welcome everybody's ideas and input. We look forward to hearing from you THE FANS.
To show how serious we are, we have contacted some prominent figures and more info to follow shortly.
FOR MANLY'S SAKE LET'S SAVE THE SNAKE!

Sounds great, you're not very Nigeria though eh???

If a legit trust bank account is set up for Brett Stewart I'll donate $50.

It will all be legit trust me..... As I said, more details will follow as soon as possible...

Hell yeah, count me in!!! I don't wanna see Brett Stewart in any other colours than the mighty Maroon and White. Come on Manly fans, lets jump on board and keep Brett where he belongs. : )

My 7 year old just walked in with his money box..... That's the spirit we are looking for.....In the past we as manly fans have been accused of not being passionate!!!! Let's show the NRL community JUST HOW PASSIONATE WE ARE !!!!

I've been pushing for something like this for our underage teams.

So for me to commit I would do something like this $10 - to keep Snake and then $10 for a future player aH

I've already got a hand full of Manly fans willing to throw in $10 to $15 to see Brett stay at Manly.

Brett is MANLY.

Make him a Manly immortal. Keep the pledges coming in.

***FOR MANLY'S SAKE LET'S SAVE THE SNAKE!***

eagles2win said:
I've been pushing for something like this for our underage teams.

So for me to commit I would do something like this $10 - to keep Snake and then $10 for a future player aH
All ideas are welcome..... Together as fans we can make anything happen!!!

Sorry to burst the bubble

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

What about money paid from other people or companies?
The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap..

Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player. The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

It would have to be structred in a way that it is not a cause for him to "play" for the club otherwise it i part of the cap

The problem is that third party deals can not be dependent on the player staying at a certain club. In theory anyway the third party contract should be independent of the player staying at manly.

Would we still be willing to pitch in if he leaves? No... then no way the salary cap auditor would allow this. If we give money thats fine, but it will not be allowed outside of the cap, only within it. Unless someone wants to try and convince the auditor that we would be willing to pay even if he ends up elsewhere.

Crikey!
If that's all it takes, I'm willing to put in the price of a jersey ($160) and if every fan does the same at a packed Brookie game day, we could keep the whole frickin' squad permanently and even some trainers and the CEO too!!
:D:cool:;):p:)

That's why we have to explain these things to the fans, because nobody knows the rules.

---

Rusty said:
The problem is that third party deals can not be dependent on the player staying at a certain club. In theory anyway the third party contract should be independent of the player staying at manly.

Would we still be willing to pitch in if he leaves? No... then no way the salary cap auditor would allow this. If we give money thats fine, but it will not be allowed outside of the cap, only within it. Unless someone wants to try and convince the auditor that we would be willing to pay even if he ends up elsewhere.

Then how did they do it for Cherry-Evans? Brent Kite went on TV asking for 3rd party sponsors???

OK. How about this. My company contracts Brett to do some promotional work. You guys pay my company for PR advice, which goes to Brett? Obviously it would be set up professionally.
Would that work?

The Who said:
OK. How about this. My company contracts Brett to do some promotional work. You guys pay my company for PR advice, which goes to Brett? Obviously it would be set up professionally.
Would that work?

I dunno. Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I don't even know WHO you are...:lol:

How do we know $150k is enough? How much is enough ? Who's to say he still doesn't sign elsewhere regardless? Where is the contract confirming his commitment for a certain $ figure?

Nice sentiment all the same.

There has to be some dodgy way that we can go via the manager rather than the club.
Surely that's how most are done. Most third perty deals are to keep players at a club, not individual endorsement.

It's not a ****ing bat sponsorship.

Clint said:
The Who said:
Would that work?

I dunno. Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I don't even know WHO you are...:lol:

I have had my own company since 1982, but I agree; it would need to be set up legally. I'm willing to be the conduit if it is legal. I'm sure there are other fans with their own business' so it doesn't have to be mine..

zabble said:
How do we know $150k is enough? How much is enough ? Who's to say he still doesn't sign elsewhere regardless? Where is the contract confirming his commitment for a certain $ figure?

Nice sentiment all the same.

This concept is only a concept until all relevant details are sorted and signed off on. Obviously there are contracts and agreements to be established!!!!

I'm good for a $100 if it's allowed and all above board .

Would be money well spent . And probably far less cheaper than the cost of a shrink I would need after seeing the Prince in red and white , or even worse blue and white .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6