A new 5/8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kimmorley told to find new club
By Dean Ritchie
April 30, 2008 CRONULLA half-back Brett Kimmorley has been officially told the Sharks would release him if he found another club.

The move is believed to have been announced at a meeting between Kimmorley and Sharks coach Ricky Stuart.

The meeting was designed to ease any perceived tension between the pair.

But Kimmorley was told if he could find a new two-year contract to extend his career, he should accept it.

Let's sign him and complete the circle LOL. I'm sure him and Ox can talk over old times and one of them wouldn't mind playing 5/8

Who plays 5/8 for Melbourne?

Why is Cronk not being mentioned for rep football?

The answer to those 2 questions = the same situation Manly is in.
Yet the Storm are raging premiership favourites. So if both sides have makeshift 5/8's and halves that arent brilliant but generally get the job done, what are we missing that Melbourne has?

A. A smarter coach.

Cronk is not being mentioned as he from QLD, if he was from NSW there would be no discussion on who our half would be, Cronk would be one of the first picked. Also dont forget he played a test last year.  Also Inglis is a pretty good makeshift 5/8, he did win the Churchill medal in the GF.  So really their halves are quite abit better than ours.

However I also agree Bellamy is a smarter coach.

Cronk was the half back in the last test played - as Garts states with Thurston & Prince in front of him from Qld point of view he is donw the pecking order but if he was from NSW..........

clontaago link said:
Who plays 5/8 for Melbourne?

Why is Cronk not being mentioned for rep football?

The answer to those 2 questions = the same situation Manly is in.
Yet the Storm are raging premiership favourites. So if both sides have makeshift 5/8's and halves that arent brilliant but generally get the job done, what are we missing that Melbourne has?

A. A smarter coach.

There's no bout in my mind that Bellamy is going to go down in history as one of the greatest coaches in league, but to put crap on Dessie like that is just plain unfair, prehaps you haven't noticed but we have improved EVERY season since he has taken over, in all honesty what more do you want from the bloke???

C E Eagle there's been a million thoughts on Coach Hasler.  The indisputable fact is that Hasler is not a high quality coach.  Sure he's OK, but the obvious stares out at you.  We have a half who has plateaued in the skills area, a world class centre that is put in the 5/8th position when it's obvious that he struggles there week after week a centre who needs to be put out to grass, and no attacking options evident week after week.  Sure our defensive options are great, and that's what Hasler was noted for, but we need more if we are ever to get over the better sides convincingly.  Under Hasler we will continue to be thereabouts at the end of the season, but what is needed to win us the silver is a more creative coach, or sit one beside Hasler.  Where to find one is worthy of a new topic thread.   

With the players we have I think Hasler does a great job. Everyone would love and Inglis, Falou etc in their club. If coaching was as simple as some people make out, there wouldn't be enough clubs in the world to take them all. Des plays to Manly strengths and I don't think there is another coach that would get more out of the current squad than he does. Ask the players what they think of him!!!

Ever Since Hasler has arrived we have gone from Strength to Strength, remember not that long ago we were running 2nd last and ever since he has arrived we have climbed the ladder every year. I guess there is no pleasing some fans these days in one of the closest competitions around.

DSM5 link said:
C E Eagle there's been a million thoughts on Coach Hasler.  The indisputable fact is that Hasler is not a high quality coach.  Sure he's OK, but the obvious stares out at you.  We have a half who has plateaued in the skills area, a world class centre that is put in the 5/8th position when it's obvious that he struggles there week after week a centre who needs to be put out to grass, and no attacking options evident week after week.  Sure our defensive options are great, and that's what Hasler was noted for, but we need more if we are ever to get over the better sides convincingly.  Under Hasler we will continue to be thereabouts at the end of the season, but what is needed to win us the silver is a more creative coach, or sit one beside Hasler.  Where to find one is worthy of a new topic thread.     

None of that is indisputable or close to fact or a statistic analysis we can deal with.

Generalisation type dribble for the most part.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=177427.msg183618#msg183618 date=1209649034]
So a standard Silvertails post then Jatz :)
Need the clap emoticon again!!!!! :p
[/quote]

You didn't save it
image11%5B234%5D.gif

here then
clap0xd.gif

Back to the point of the thread, from todays telegraph;

Manly, meanwhile, are reportedly making moves for North Queensland utility Justin Smith to fill the troublesome five-eighth position.

The Sea Eagles granted former New Zealand Test centre David Vaealiki an immediate release so he could accept a two-year rugby union offer in France.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2