A message to our Corporate HQ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly I’m not sure that any of you read Silvertails these days ( can’t blame you if you don’t ) nevertheless I know the media manager does so perhaps he can pass this message on.

Yep it’s been a crap year and there’s zero we can do about that now BUT from what I’m reading on the social media channels you have a lot of very pissed off supporters and this could well affect your bottom line next year.

Our new CEO has been in place for a few weeks now and I know not a lot of time has passed BUT before the season is over for the year I’d like to see a letter released to the members / supporters / fans detailing some sort of plan for the future.

Some new signings would be great , but if that’s not happening an explanation of why as there’s a LOT of salary cap leaving and only one player we know coming in , it just doesn’t add up.

No point in addressing the things that went wrong this year , you can’t change history so it is what it is but what you can address is how you are going to progress things so that this doesn’t happen again.

The club is “ almost “ at an all time low so the only way is up , how the club is driving that is something we should all know.

I’m speaking not only as a member for 20 years ( next year ) but as a supporter approaching my 60th year of support.

Regardless of that we all deserve to know what the future holds.

Over to you !!

Last edited:
And can you answer where my 2 year membership pin is, while you're at it.
Thanks.

Firstly I’m not sure that any of you read Silvertails these days ( can’t blame you if you don’t ) nevertheless I know the media manager does so perhaps he can pass this message on.

Yep it’s been a crap year and there’s zero we can do about that now BUT from what I’m reading on the social media channels you have a lot of very pissed off supporters and this could well affect your bottom line next year.

Our new CEO has been in place for a few weeks now and I know not a lot of time has passed BUT before the season is over for the year I’d like to see a letter released to the members / supporters / fans detailing some sort of plan for the future.

Some new signings would be great , but if that’s not happening an explanation of why as there’s a LOT of salary cap leaving and only one player we know coming in , it just doesn’t add up.

No point in addressing the things that went wrong this year , you can’t change history so it is what it is but what you can address is how you are going to progress things so that this doesn’t happen again.

The club is “ almost “ at an all time low so the only way is up , how the club is driving that is something we should all know.

I’m speaking not only as a member for 20 years ( next year ) but as a supporter approaching my 60th year of support.

Regardless if that we all deserve to know what the future hold.

Over to you !!
Well said Mark, top post

Over to you !!

Well said mate, but I fear based on their inactivity, behavior and lack of leadership, this is as good as we'll get. Mestrov had a chance to:
1. Support Arko (fail)
2. Address the playing group around jerseys (fail) - stating NRL should
3. Address the playing group around gang crap (fail) - stating NRL should

And we all know my grievance with the inaction of WHOEVER was the key decision maker in the lead-up to him physically taking the chair around those jerseys, and subsequent fronting to the media by Des / DCE.

Even DCE alluded to cultural changes "from the top" in his most recent interview. What's that tell everyone? He lacks confidence in them.

And can you answer where my 2 year membership pin is, while you're at it.
Thanks.
I don’t worry about the pins , they lost my details from 2003-2008 and so I went down the track of sending in a photo of those years members caps ( I never keep the cards ) and the acknowledged that , until the next year when I should have been getting a 10 year badge but got a 5 year one instead.

So I no longer care , I know it’s 20 years on 2023 even if they don’t.

Well said mate, but I fear based on their inactivity, behavior and lack of leadership, this is as good as we'll get. Mestrov had a chance to:
1. Support Arko (fail)
2. Address the playing group around jerseys (fail) - stating NRL should
3. Address the playing group around gang crap (fail) - stating NRL should

And we all know my grievance with the inaction of WHOEVER was the key decision maker in the lead-up to him physically taking the chair around those jerseys, and subsequent fronting to the media by Des / DCE.

Even DCE alluded to cultural changes "from the top" in his most recent interview. What's that tell everyone? He lacks confidence in them.
I see they are looking for some new staff so it’s starting I think .

I was talking to a barista on the C.Coast yesterday who was previously in the Manly lower grades as well as time at Norths and Parramatta.

He advised that back then (the Toovey era), Manly’s reputation on the physiotherapy/recovery front was pretty poor, with players routinely expected to play on with serious injuries. He mentioned Brett Stewart and Steve Matai by name.

I then opined that I thought little had changed, citing how Garrick had to play on with a hip(?) injury for weeks before they finally called time on his season the other week.

He also mentioned Brad Arthur in a very positive way, but that could be a discussion for another time.

So if management are reading this, player recovery could be an area that should come under the microscope.

Last edited:
I don’t worry about the pins , they lost my details from 2003-2008 and so I went down the track of sending in a photo of those years members caps ( I never keep the cards ) and the acknowledged that , until the next year when I should have been getting a 10 year badge but got a 5 year one instead.

I scanned and emailed every membership card from my first year....still not good enough for them.
I'm not overly concerned about the actual pin, but the principle of it sits badly with me.

Over to you !!

Great post @Mark from Brisbane.
The post presents very professionally and diplomatically. If anyone actually reads it, a plan for the future would be a great next step. It could inspire some confidence from members that you might know what you are doing and that you can take the club forward in a positive direction. This clearly isn't happening now.

My message to Corporate HQ is a little blunter. Unfortunately, I don't think the incompetent idiots currently running our club will take any notice of the very valid points you make. This is because their heads are firmly inserted up their collective rectums and have been for some time.

Many things about how our club has been managed do not add up. Rainbowgate represents the pinnacle of incompetence in management that you appear to have been climbing for some time. However, it's only one of many somewhat incomprehensible management decisions and approaches that have been characteristic of the club for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there will be any additional accountability or transparency from the above-mentioned incompetent idiots anytime soon. It doesn't suit whatever agenda is currently in place to run the club into the ground, out of town, or both. After two plus years of Covid, I know we all love a good conspiracy theory to get our teeth into.

I believe that the concept of honest and direct communication to/from members is anathema to their continued existence as club management. I am not holding my breath.

Go Manly.

Last edited:

Geez mate that’s really f$&@en form from the club. Amateur hr at its best. Fair go!

I scanned and emailed every membership card from my first year....still not good enough for them.
I'm not overly concerned about the actual pin, but the principle of it sits badly with me.
Atrocious @mave! They are lucky to still have you as a member!

Yeah i had the same, had all my stickers and caps sent them off. They didnt like it.

And yes it sits uneasy with me. (It also shows what a crap show they are running when they cant look up a database.)

I'm happy to look past my incorrect 10 year pin, if it means they put their hands up, and actually improve the joint.

Tony's first job should be to send off an email to Pascoe thanking the tigers for being worse than Manly this year and asking for more of the same next year so we don't win our first wooden spoon

The place has a stench of the Barrett era about it at the moment

I had a similar issue some years ago. However I was conflating FC membership with season ticket membership.

My bad.:(

By the way @The Wheel these comments are more a reflection on what I’m seeing on social media rather than just my personal opinion.

They’d be blind if they aren’t seeing the same thing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4