A glowing tribute to our Recruitment team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mellonhead

Reserve Grader
In the lastest news: Rose to loose 5kgs, Wells to gain 5-8kgs. Zorba in Manly Daily has stated both these players need to correct their bodies to gain more 1st grade experience next year?

Seems to me that this the message that no one new is coming to the club and these players have now inherited the responsibility for us to move forward up the ladder next year.

Good luck fella's.... enjoy the new diet and fitness regime...... hope they've already started! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here's hoping that Zorba's never ending search for a substantive position to justify his pay packet doesn't settle on the title of "nutritionist".

caarrrn guys enough comments on zorba and his weight.

nuff said

That's why these players were bought to our club!! To fill positions... i like the idea of 2 blokes fighting over a spot rather than just grabbing some bloke to play for us.

It shows youngsters that if you come to manly we'll give you a genuine crack at a spot.. rather than all the kids going elsewhere cuz they know we will purchase players to fill the void

Problem is that our forward pack will be up against Mark O'Mealy, Andrew Ryan, Willie Mason, Reni Matua, Sonny Bill Williams, Corey Hughes etc etc for example with our Jason Wells, George Rose, Mark Bryant & Luke Williamson's.etc....Choc better step up, Beaver aint getting any younger....all our forward dominance must come from Kite, and that's a worry espescially when you consider 6 weeks is given to State of Origin (maybe another one for City / Country).

Imagine our team arouns SOO?

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Chris Hicks
05. Sean Meaney ?
06. Travis Burns
07. Aaron Groom ?
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Mark Bryant
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Luke Williamson

14. Shayne Dunley
15. George Rose
16. Glen Hall ?
17. Adam Cuthbertson

Should be an interesting year, and to be honest, after putting it in black and blue above, it maybe isn't really that bad?

Groom? He will still be flegg next year mate, no way will they blood this guy or even risk letting the rest of the NRL seeing him yet

Corey Hughes??????

deadset when talking about quality packs, please don't put his name forward

Corey Hughes??????

deadset when talking about quality packs, please don't put his name forward

I'll second that- if Corey Hughes had a different surname he wouldn't even be there

King will be playing Origin next year.

Stand aside Willie Mason, Luke Bailey, Jason Ryles, Steve Simpson, Mark O'Mealy, Brent Kite - Here's comes Jason King !!! :D

Sue Ridgepipe better get that $50 ready for me.
I thought it was 2006 !!!!

I hope you didn't have $50 saying he would make the squad :drunk:

He did pick up late in the season but it would be a very brave call to say that a State rep call is on the cards (2007, 8 or 9).

I said at the start of this year that he would wear sky blue within the next two seasons.

1 season down, 1 to go.

At the end of this season he was a LONG way off a City jumper, let alone a NSW one.

Sue Ridgepipe better get that $50 ready for me.
it looks like someone put too much fertiliser in Mata's weetbix or he has been joining some local residents in glue-sniffing.

Either way - if King plays State of Origin in 2007 then I am Kermit the Frog and will marry Miss Piggy!!! :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2:

I actually think that in any OTHER team, Glen Hall, Phil Moorwood, Mark Bryant, George Rose etc. would actually start in front of Jason King. Des Hasler unfortunately in my opinion is too close to the players, and it dampens his ability to make crucial team decisions.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4