A glowing tribute to our Recruitment team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think I have ever seen a prop make less than 10 metres in a game

Mate King never made less than 10 metres.

Lulu and Bryant this year made less metres in one game each than King did in that game

but hey dont let facts ruin a good story

I am on my way to the football clubs office now to stage a protest demanding success :blaugh: :blaugh: what would it achieve? Nothing is the answer.

Just throw anyone on the park that turns up on the day? That sounds like what you would do Ryan. If you are dropping players that dont peform we would be throwing anyone on the park as our depth is limited albeit improving.

[quote author=Ryan]
CW:- That's an expected reply from you. I'm STILL waiting on your hypothesis of the questions I posed to you without insults as you have replied with.
Show me where I have insulted you. I made a broad sweeping comment about certain supporters, with a wink but said nothing specifically insulting.

However you are like a dog with a bone, maknig sweeeping generalisations. I would get rid of Dunley, King and Willo if it was up to me but show me the better players. To suggest that they are picked because Des is too close to them is something we don't know - and to say it emphatically suggests to me that you have no idea.

As for the other stuff I may get to it when I have a moment.
[/quote]

Yeah - generalisations...Hmmmm.....whatever... :doh:
I won't degrade another thread with discussion about your "generalisations"....back to the topic:-

Well, like I have said, I like Dunley's impact, but most people don't see the value he adds. I'd have Ballin in for him. In honesty, I would have given Ballin a shot at Monnas spot throughout the year.
As for Slow Mo - I'd have an IMPACT player coming on in the last 15 minutes in Cuthbertson, Wells (who can offload etc) - or even Glenn Stewart to a lesser degree.
Jason King. Well, basically I would have had Rose in for him. If all of Leuluai, Bryant, Rose, Kite and King were fit. Des seemed to have 2 props on the bench for rotation, and one backrower.

As I see it, there are sufficient players to fill his spot.

Fluffy - prey do tell me what Jason King DID achieve in The Sharks game in 2005?

I am on my way to the football clubs office now to stage a protest demanding success :blaugh: :blaugh: what would it achieve? Nothing is the answer.

Just throw anyone on the park that turns up on the day? That sounds like what you would do Ryan. If you are dropping players that dont peform we would be throwing anyone on the park as our depth is limited albeit improving.

And why NOT demand success. The Roosters do, and it meant the axe for Ricky Stuart (I'm not saying that about Des by the way). You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?

I on the other hand hope for something better. A finals win. Four wins on the trot. Keeping a team to NIL. A top 4 spot. None of which I have experienced yet...Well as a Manly supporter anyway.

As for depth - I concur. Losing:-

Witt
Cleal
Alberts
Stephenson
Lennon
Leuluai
Kennedy

and gaining:-

Lyon
Hall
Afamasanga

Probably isn't DEPTH, but that's not my choice. We are paying overs for some players in my opinion, which oft leads to that lack of depth.

Refer to the majority of this topic. Are these players worthy of say a $200k+ price tag? Hmmm.

Ryan I do want success, dont worry I get very pissed off when we lose. I was not happy with finishing 5th this season but being realistic I knew thats all we could probably achieve with our roster.

However coming on here and carrying on like a little kid in a adult way will not achieve anything.

as for this comment by you "You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?" :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh coming from you. You will be down in the dumps one week saying we are missing the 8 and bound for the spoon then we win the next week and you are saying we are a shot for the title :lol:

Ryan I do want success, dont worry I get very pissed off when we lose. I was not happy with finishing 5th this season but being realistic I knew thats all we could probably achieve with our roster.

However coming on here and carrying on like a little kid in a adult way will not achieve anything.

as for this comment by you \"You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?\" :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh coming from you. You will be down in the dumps one week saying we are missing the 8 and bound for the spoon then we win the next week and you are saying we are a shot for the title :lol:

Haven't you got any new material? Why re-hash crap that was said years ago?

Funnily enough, I enjoy the debate of the whole scenario when people can actually debate the topic - rather than degenrating things into a schoolyard argument (that's not directed at you).

I don't know if I am missing something here. By doesn't a season of football have ebs and flows? Would it then not make sense to be happy about the teams situations @ one point, then dissapointed, and concerned that we would not make the 8 the next? We aren't robots, and to say there aren't high's and lows in a season is just stupid Garts. If everyone remained the same in tone and context all the time, they would be a very boring person.

I have NIL shame in saying I get pumped when the team perform, and get in the dumps when the team DON'T perform. If you have no emotional standard linked to Manly, then I don't know why anyone would support a team at all.

Riding the high's and lows is all it is about. People who can't critique a team, and only have a positive spin on everything, will only lead to complacency around the place.

Anyways - I stand by my original statement. In my opinion, Des Hasler is too close to his players (which stems in ANY business when a colleague all of a sudden becomes a boss), and I believe it has lead to his selecting players that didn't earn selection, when players I have listed above were waiting in the wings to step up.

You know, being promoted into 1st grade due to a Premier League players good form, would be a LOT different to a Premier League player being promoted due to forced injury to a regular 1st grader. I know which one I would be more proud of, and which one would give ME confidence to succeed.

i would have to whole heartedly disagree with you as far as Des being too close to his players if anything it is the opposite. While Des is a good bloke he can struggle as a communicator given his quietly spoken nature. This quite often leads to some players feeling they are on the outer.

I never said they were not highs and lows in the season, its just the highs arnt as high as you make them out to be and the lows arnt as low either.

and I do not always have a positive spin things, far from it. im just not constantly complaining about things that Manly currently have no solution for. when someone comes to me at work with a problem I hope they have thought of a possible solution before addressing me with it. what you have been saying is Des should drop King and Willow as they are no good but you have no solution to the problem. You blame it on Des being to close to his players however I am sure if we have a little OMeley running around he would be given a shot.

that's why we take some of your comments with a grain of salt Ryan, because your comments just depend on "your as good as your last game" attitide.

Just because they may have 2 losses in a row, doesn't mean your positive thoughts a month before that are out the window. Your right about ebs and flows, but some boring people just don't see the point in rapping Dessy one month and bagging him the next through unfounded allegations (too close to his players?? hehehehe). Des has helped the club to be back to top 8 material from fighting for the spoon and fair to say, anything but top 8 or even top 6 for the next 2 years would be a step backwards.

until then Des has my support. No point beating myself around the head with your theories really, is there?

The only concern is BK has left, but atleast it gives a chance for someone in PL to stand up...which is what many people here want to see.

I hope this post doesn't come across as some attack on you....

The fact of the matter is Jason King is our No2 prop, Des is doing the right thing by having him start

If any other coach was in Dessies position King would still start

Ryan
As for depth - I concur. Losing:-

Witt
Cleal
Alberts
Stephenson
Lenn on
Leuluai
Kennedy

and gaining:-

Lyon
Hall
Afamasanga

Probably isn't DEPTH, but that's not my choice. We are paying overs for some players in my opinion, which oft leads to that lack of depth.

Witt = speedbump and good PL player.
Cleal went so well at Souths he has been offloaded.
Alberts - had such a huge impact in 2006 (and with Matai, Bell and Lyon plus Hicks around where was he going to play?)
Stephenson - fair backup but not worth what he was after to play PL
Lennon - another huge impact in first grade over the years. Half the Manly supporters don't even know who he is - BUT HE WILL BE MISSED!!!
Leuluai - only played half a season and whilst good at times is not a huge loss.
Kennedy - the one player we will really miss - and you leave him to last. Rather hurts the credibility of your post. The current Aussie team is missing him so it is natural that Manly will.

The addition of Lyon has huge potential to improve the team as I thought our attack was only average this year. To have a potent attacking weapon can only mean more points.

Hopefully the young players in the club will improve and show they are ready for first grade. Cuthbo should tie up one wing spot. We will do much better this year because you have demanded it and have demonstrated you won't stand for mediocrity - I am sure that Norths wish they had supporters like this so they could be good too!!! :yeah: :yeah:

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
[quote author=Ryan]
CW:- That's an expected reply from you. I'm STILL waiting on your hypothesis of the questions I posed to you without insults as you have replied with.
Show me where I have insulted you. I made a broad sweeping comment about certain supporters, with a wink but said nothing specifically insulting.

However you are like a dog with a bone, maknig sweeeping generalisations. I would get rid of Dunley, King and Willo if it was up to me but show me the better players. To suggest that they are picked because Des is too close to them is something we don't know - and to say it emphatically suggests to me that you have no idea.

As for the other stuff I may get to it when I have a moment.
[/quote]

Yeah - generalisations...Hmmmm.....whatever... :doh:
I won't degrade another thread with discussion about your "generalisations"....back to the topic:-

Well, like I have said, I like Dunley's impact, but most people don't see the value he adds. I'd have Ballin in for him. In honesty, I would have given Ballin a shot at Monnas spot throughout the year.
As for Slow Mo - I'd have an IMPACT player coming on in the last 15 minutes in Cuthbertson, Wells (who can offload etc) - or even Glenn Stewart to a lesser degree.
Jason King. Well, basically I would have had Rose in for him. If all of Leuluai, Bryant, Rose, Kite and King were fit. Des seemed to have 2 props on the bench for rotation, and one backrower.

As I see it, there are sufficient players to fill his spot.

Fluffy - prey do tell me what Jason King DID achieve in The Sharks game in 2005?
[/quote]

Ryan i dont get paid enough to do your research for you but it would help your cause if you didnt repeatedly quote **** like that as fact when it is wrong its just like you went on and on about us losing 15 matches in a row at the end of 2005

How can Dessie be too close to his players, having gone from a colleague to a boss?

He played his last game with Manly in 1996, so apart from Beaver, who else in the current squad has he ever been a colleague of?

A simple solution to our lack of depth problem.

Ask the NRL to reinstate Norths and then we can go back to buying all their best players like we did for many years.

Maybe we could find/buy the next Cliffy Lyon's or Ken Irvine if Norths were back in the comp.

Ask the NRL to reinstate Norths and then we can go back to buying all their best players like we did for many years.

Maybe we could find/buy the next Cliffy Lyon's or Ken Irvine if Norths were back in the comp.
Ryan could support Norths!!!
:clap: :dance: :lol: :naughty: :blush: :~? ;)

[quote author=Garts]

as for this comment by you \"You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?\" :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh coming from you. You will be down in the dumps one week saying we are missing the 8 and bound for the spoon then we win the next week and you are saying we are a shot for the title :lol:

Funnily enough, I enjoy the debate of the whole scenario when people can actually debate the topic - rather than degenrating things into a schoolyard argument (that's not directed at you).

I don't know if I am missing something here. By doesn't a season of football have ebs and flows? Would it then not make sense to be happy about the teams situations @ one point, then dissapointed, and concerned that we would not make the 8 the next? We aren't robots, and to say there aren't high's and lows in a season is just stupid Garts. If everyone remained the same in tone and context all the time, they would be a very boring person.

I have NIL shame in saying I get pumped when the team perform, and get in the dumps when the team DON'T perform. If you have no emotional standard linked to Manly, then I don't know why anyone would support a team at all.

Riding the high's and lows is all it is about. People who can't critique a team, and only have a positive spin on everything, will only lead to complacency around the place.

Anyways - I stand by my original statement. In my opinion, Des Hasler is too close to his players (which stems in ANY business when a colleague all of a sudden becomes a boss), and I believe it has lead to his selecting players that didn't earn selection, when players I have listed above were waiting in the wings to step up.

You know, being promoted into 1st grade due to a Premier League players good form, would be a LOT different to a Premier League player being promoted due to forced injury to a regular 1st grader. I know which one I would be more proud of, and which one would give ME confidence to succeed.
[/quote]

You're a clown.

Ryan, Dessie isn't too close to the players. He simply didn't have enough quality in PL to gamble a season on.

If you put untested players in NRL it can be the difference of winning and losing.

My problem with Dessie is I don't know if he gets the best out of the players.

[quote author=kingyfan]

Ryan could support Norths!!!
:clap: :dance: :lol: :naughty: :blush: :~? ;)
[/quote]

Another generalisation CW?

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

You're a clown.

[/quote]

What ABSOLUTE VALUE you have deposited into tis debate !! Goose.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7