A credit to the fitness department

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see someone is watching you guys when I'm not on :)

Although I'd like to think my delivery was a little friendlier ;)

Halden hasn't done anything wrong and looked OK when on. BUT he seems a little slight in the framework department and we might just need some bulk against the hard running Worriers.

This is not ayear to blood, especially in the hales.

Groome will be blooded next year or something but this year should be all about the more obvious choices, Cuthbo, Afa, Bani, the guys that can do the job now.

Halden is neither here nor there.

[quote author=Matabele]
Nutz is short on comprehension skill Ryan.

He DOES seem to find all the faults in my posts...I'll give him that :roll:
[/quote]

hahaha settle pettle i didn't mean it in a nasty way. I knew what you meant i just thought it was funny.

Surely Afamsanga could be on the bench - or Willow? Use Willow as the utility:- i.e.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Michael Monaghan
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jack Afamsanga
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Luke Williamson
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Glenn Hall

I'd have to agree mate - this team looks far more balanced. Willo to cover the centre spot, and Lyon to cover the halves.

I don't buy the burn out rubbish. I have a mate who plays for the Magpies in QLD Cup. He slogs it out all week as a Fire Fighter. Including night shifts and gets in 4 - 5 training sessions a week plus fitness sessions.

He seems to cope without any 'burnout'. I know the comp isn't the NRL level but I imagine the big clubs have the better facilities to prevent a problem. Plus these guys are mostly full time players. Their whole job is being ready for the weekend. I sometimes don't understand. These guys are pro athletes apparently. 24 maybe 28 games of footy in a year?

I don't buy the burn out rubbish. I have a mate who plays for the Magpies in QLD Cup. He slogs it out all week as a Fire Fighter. Including night shifts and gets in 4 - 5 training sessions a week plus fitness sessions.

He seems to cope without any 'burnout'. I know the comp isn't the NRL level but I imagine the big clubs have the better facilities to prevent a problem. Plus these guys are mostly full time players. Their whole job is being ready for the weekend. I sometimes don't understand. These guys are pro athletes apparently. 24 maybe 28 games of footy in a year?

I do understand it. A lot of it is psychological. I know that during my career (at a much lower level) there are definetely days you get out of bed dreading the game for a variety of reasons and it defientely affects your performance.

I guess I look at the Roosters ATM and they seem to be staring down the barrel of a long, hard season and I reckon a lot of those blokes would be struggling with it.

And there's no doubt that luck follows confidence.

I dont buy it either Flip. If the guys are physically and mentally prepared, which it looks like they are, there shouldnt be a problem.

It may happen to a young bloke who might not be up to the demands of first grade, but that would be about it.

I said if they are physically and mentally prepared Mata. Which by hearing our blokes talk and watching their body language tells me they are. (Even before the season started)

I could understand motivtaional issues if you were getting thumped every week, but to me thats a separate issue, thats not burn out.

You would rarely see blokes who are winning succombe to motivational issues.

I said if they are physically and mentally prepared Mata. Which by hearing our blokes talk and watching their body language tells me they are. (Even before the season started)

I could understand motivtaional issues if you were getting thumped every week, but to me thats a separate issue, thats not burn out.

You would rarely see blokes who are winning succombe to motivational issues.

Yeah fair enough. I was talking on a more general that burn out does become an issue, particularly in a bad trot.

Yeah on that point I agree totally. I have been there before and its not a good place.

However my initial post was a statement in regard to how physically fit the boys are early in the seeason. Which is great.

Yes, I agree that fitness looks good. But like last year I am concerned that the starting 13 are doing a lot of the work. It is not being shared around and this will make it harder for them to preapre physically and mentally for each game - win or lose. There's just a wear and tear aspect on both and some of their motors are clocking up big kms.

It will become an issue in June/July if the workload doesn't start to rotate a bit more. Beaver's return should help.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2