666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm suprised this point needs to be repeatedly made on here.

We have all seen what happens when we have two ball running types, and no organiser.
Why people continue to push for another off the cuff running half is quite baffling to me.

If you think its bad on here, try reading some of the idiots on the various Manly Facebook pages. Half of them seem to think Tom Wright is the answer and even when they have it explained to them.....they STILL don't get it.

If you think its bad on here, try reading some of the idiots on the various Manly Facebook pages. Half of them seem to think Tom Wright is the answer and even when they have it explained to them.....they STILL don't get it.

Think that's bad .... there are some on this site that actually believe Carney was offered $1.06mil PER year to play in the ESL for the next 2 years .... but he said no, because he has always dreamed of playing 2nd division in QLD for petrol money.

For mine, I'd go (in this order):

01. Jackson Hastings
02. Curtis Sironen
03. Cameron Cullen
04. Lachlan Croker
05. Luke Metcalf
06. Tom Wright
07. Dylan Walker

Throw in Matt Wright ..... best game he played for us last year was when he filled in at 5/8 .... strong and solid ... not anybodies first choice, but the world wouldn't end with him there.

Keep hearing he wants out from the bunnies.
Tbh I've never really watched him so I'll rely on ST expert opinions.
Would he be worth chasing?

What im not liking isif we go with an un-tried 5/8 then Brown will no doubt be the utility because of his "experience"

He tore us an arsehole at Brookie in round 2 this year - maybe worth a risk can he kick goals?

He tore us an arsehole at Brookie in round 2 this year - maybe worth a risk can he kick goals?
I don't think he's a kicker, when Reynolds was injured Goodwin took the kicks. I'd be happy with him as a backup but as somebody said in another thread he's not an organising half. He'd be great as a strike player from the bench though.

Given your fanatical obsession with trying to convince everybody Carney is the next jesus, it does not surprise me that you would believe something as ridiculous as Carney being offered 1.2 million pounds for 2 years.

Just so you don't have to guess ... that is $1,068,000 $AUS per year.

Now ... you believe that Carney, said no thanks to over a million a year to come back and sign a 2/3 year deal to play for a 2nd division team in Qld ... for what .. loose change.... because ....
1.2 million on a 2 year deal is not $1,068,000 per year its over $600 K a year .
Carneys motive to come back to Australia was not to finish his career with a second division team . His motive was to back his talent and prove that his talent can get him back in the big League NRL and its rewards .
I don't think he is Jesus . I think he is a talented player who has represented at the highest level , he won NRL best player of the year award and I also think he was a young out of control fool . Our coach has come out and said Carney was an option . Lets see what eventuates

We actually don't know that for sure do we? Playing in the ESL he would not shave been under the same scrutiny that he wood be playing in the NRL.
Unless we can prove other wise Carney has had a fool proof 3 years in the ESL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8