666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really don’t see getting Hodkinson at say $200k for one season being a problem. He can be handy depth behind Hastings, they both kick over 80%, so he would be an able replacement if Hastings was injured. Goal kicking has cost us a lot of points over the last couple of years, but this year we might have 2 reasonable kickers. Perhaps Crocker could play a utility role off the bench.

Last edited:
Putting this thread to bed. (as if)

1) Hastings is gifted a shot, potential still exists to make Manly better than 2017.
2) Trent will not make Manly better than 2017, Carney would but the NRL would say no.

3) Rest are untried at 1st grade level.
4) There are no other options palatable to Manly or the NRL, unless science fast tracks cloning.

Save the discussion and money for a couple of decent forwards. Bed made, recruitment failed, we all need to move on with Jackson.

Putting this thread to bed. (as if)

1) Hastings is gifted a shot, potential still exists to make Manly better than 2017.
2) Trent will not make Manly better than 2017, Carney would but the NRL would say no.

3) Rest are untried at 1st grade level.
4) There are no other options palatable to Manly or the NRL, unless science fast tracks cloning.

Save the discussion and money for a couple of decent forwards. Bed made, recruitment failed, we all need to move on with Jackson.

Didnt Carney win his unfair dismissal case against the gummies, so how can they stop him

We are releasing a player (going to keep it confidential out of respect but you will hear about it in the next couple of days) so it's pretty certain that Hodkinson will be at Manly in 2018.
Just asking Snake, Why do we have to release a player if we have 850,000 in the kitty

Just put in someone who can defend, we don't need another flashy half. An extra second rower type who can pass both ways and tackle well will go a long way to taking us back to the finals. Between DCE, the Turbos and Walker we have the required attacking firepower. It's defence that will win us games.

We are releasing a player (going to keep it confidential out of respect but you will hear about it in the next couple of days) so it's pretty certain that Hodkinson will be at Manly in 2018.
Sorry snake usually like your scoops but Trent H is not the answer we need. This is a desperation buy and I don't like it don't think this is the right decision but thanks for the news anyway.

Is the player leaving a forward or other position?

Sorry snake usually like your scoops but Trent H is not the answer we need. This is a desperation buy and I don't like it don't think this is the right decision but thanks for the news anyway.

Is the player leaving a forward or other position?
It's literally the only move we have left we put ourselves in this position and now we face the bottom 8 again woah slipping away from me

Can't buy that - Newcastle would pay a fair amount of his reported $5-600,000 and Manly has a good sum of money - in actual fact seemed like there was more in the cookie jar than the $850,000 for Pearce and that was all Barrett was prepared to pay.
Not saying they won't release 1 player - maybe release 2....thing is, this is not required to buy TH.

If this is a bargain based buy ( Knights paying everything above base level) I’m not too shattered.

As long as one of the youngsters gets the first shot, with Hodkinson as a backup.

If they are proposing Trent as the first choice half then I think it’s very very risky move and only hope they have done their due diligence ( injury wise).

I can see the Knights fans really giving it to us for missing Pearce and signing their dodgy knee(s) half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8