2024 MWSE Line-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake to prop would solve a lot of our problems but it will be interesting to see who plays lock if he does move.

I don't know why people are dumping on Burbo, he has a very high ceiling and is only just starting to show what he's capable of in first grade. I think this will be his best year yet.

Brown is an out and out hyper aggressive lock. Something we really need and I believe he will go to 13 off the bench. Solves may issues pushing Jake from starting lock to prop after 20mins like Walker.

Also Burbo is out for a breakout year, only signing one year contracts suggests he is going to rip in from the get go backing himself for a bumper payday. Has all the attributes to really kick on into a damaging rangy ball runner. Perfect off the bench for now as he can also cover in the backline.

Possible Round One Team
Turbo
Paulo
Garrick
Koula
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jake
-------------
Arthur
Brown
Bullemor
Aloiai

Waddell
This. Only possible change may be the number 2. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tui or big ray in there

This. Only possible change may be the number 2. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tui or big ray in there
Main thing going for Paulo is that Seibs has made a few comments about playing to our strengths, which so far as I can tell would be speed and long distance tries. Tui isn't fast for a winger and Raymond is definitely not (based on last year at least).

Possible Round One Team
Turbo
Paulo
Garrick
Koula
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jake
-------------
Arthur
Brown
Bullemor
Aloiai

Waddell
I watched Manly's training this morning at brookie and they had 2 full teams of 13 playing against eachother then they were doing sprints inbetween so they could practice attacking and defending on their line under fatigue.
What surprised me the most was how good nathan browns ball playing was as a lock. Jake and Browny were on opposite teams and honestly Browny looked the better player, he was tackling hard, running at high intensity and a great ball player getting it out to halves. To Jake's upside there was a set where they conceded 3 times in 8 plays and Seibold called the boys to stop and Jake had a hard word with his whole team and they defended a lot better from there.

After Seibold's words yesterday and Jake's body mobility decreasing heavily in last 2 years I would play Browny at lock and Jake front row.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

14. Gordy/Humphries - need to be able to cover centre as well if injury to back 5
15. Sipley
16. Aloiai / Lodge when he comes back
17. Bullemor - needs to be able to cover backrow

18. Burbo

Possible Round One Team
Turbo
Paulo
Garrick
Koula
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jake
-------------
Arthur
Brown
Bullemor
Aloiai

Waddell

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

14. Gordy/Humphries - need to be able to cover centre as well if injury to back 5
15. Sipley

18. Burbo
Think both teams are very close and both strong... think Sipley may/ may not be right for round 1 though?

I watched Manly's training this morning at brookie and they had 2 full teams of 13 playing against eachother then they were doing sprints inbetween so they could practice attacking and defending on their line under fatigue.
What surprised me the most was how good nathan browns ball playing was as a lock. Jake and Browny were on opposite teams and honestly Browny looked the better player, he was tackling hard, running at high intensity and a great ball player getting it out to halves. To Jake's upside there was a set where they conceded 3 times in 8 plays and Seibold called the boys to stop and Jake had a hard word with his whole team and they defended a lot better from there.

After Seibold's words yesterday and Jake's body mobility decreasing heavily in last 2 years I would play Browny at lock and Jake front row.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

15. Sipley

18. Burbo
I like this line up Best personally from who we have available round 1, as Lodge is a Must once available (which is looking early as round 4)
I feel the "Eaglesforlife" team also has valid legs and will be close to the team picked come Round 1, but I like the brown at 13 option myself and I think he will be in the 17 somewhere.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

15. Sipley

18. Burbo
That's a big deal if Brown is up to starting at 13.

It would solve a lot of our problems in the forwards.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

15. Sipley

18. Burbo

I like the idea of playing Nathan Brown as our starting lock, on the proviso that he has the fitness to play that role for 80 minutes. However, I am unsure if that is the role Seibold has planned for him.

I can see Seibold bringing Brown in after 20 minutes, and Jake then shifting into the prop rotation. I think even 60 minutes might be a big ask for Brown at this stage of his career.

It's one of the reasons that I have preferred Arthur over GCKT/Humphries. I believe that Arthur has the ability (and the versatility) to cover lock, backrow, dummy half and the halves as well. He also has the fitness to play big minutes off the bench as required.

Lodge is definitely a must in the seventeen when he is fit. It's great to have the depth we have now, where we can choose our seventeen with some quality options amongst the rest of the squad.

I like the idea of playing Nathan Brown as our starting lock, on the proviso that he has the fitness to play that role for 80 minutes. However, I am unsure if that is the role Seibold has planned for him.

I can see Seibold bringing Brown in after 20 minutes, and Jake then shifting into the prop rotation. I think even 60 minutes might be a big ask for Brown at this stage of his career.

It's one of the reasons that I have preferred Arthur over GCKT/Humphries. I believe that Arthur has the ability (and the versatility) to cover lock, backrow, dummy half and the halves as well. He also has the fitness to play big minutes off the bench as required.

Lodge is definitely a must in the seventeen when he is fit. It's great to have the depth we have now, where we can choose our seventeen with some quality options amongst the rest of the squad.
Brown won't be an 80 minute guy, if you read my post a few weeks I had a good chat with seibold at a local pub in Manly and he said that Jake will be playing 80 mins which I still disagree with should be 65 - 70. I do like your idea of Brown coming on after 20 mins and playing lock for 60. That would be he's max for minutes but that's all you need.

I just know for that first 20 we need physical players and Jake and Paseka both aren't physically and mentally aggressive.

Arthur is a great backup five eight and potentially can play a ball playing lock forward but there is no chance he can play second row and im still questioning dummy half. Every good 14 goes into the game knowing their role, backup hookers who are darty and create linebreaks in the middle third I believe is the best way to use a 14 instead of hoping for an injury to a half.

Lodge I agree will be in our starting 17 when he is fully fit. Could mean Sipley and Aloiai could be missing out when full strength if they go humphries, lodge, bullemor and burbo on the bench.

I think the biggest loser of Brown possibly being starting lock or in starting 17 when fully fit is Josh Aloiai. This could mean he is second middle forward cover and playing for Blacktown Workers for majority of the season. He hasn't offered much the last 2 years and is getting paid 600k a season.
Going into to 2024 Schuster at 800k and Aloiai at 600k are the only 2 players who are over priced. Given Schuster's new role, talent and length on the contract I don't think they will let him go this year but if Brown excells at this role I wouldn't be suprised if Aloiai has a mid season switch to another club. Could see him excelling at clubs like the sharks, dogs, dolphins where he could gain a starting lock role at those clubs (Mccines, Curran and K Bromich who will be 33).

Also I feel letting tuipilotu go to Dragons will be a good move for us to free up some cap space and set us up better for our future. Seibold on multiple times has talked about how he likes speed on the wings. With Saab and Paulo looking likely to start and the rise of clayton faulalo who's a speedstar on on the wing and already Ray Vaega who can be the yardage winger if we need we don't need 3 backup wingers. Also, with Lehi Hopoate who will playing in around 2 years there is no need to hold Tuipilotu.

Also I feel letting tuipilotu go to Dragons will be a good move for us to free up some cap space and set us up better for our future. Seibold on multiple times has talked about how he likes speed on the wings. With Saab and Paulo looking likely to start and the rise of clayton faulalo who's a speedstar on on the wing and already Ray Vaega who can be the yardage winger if we need we don't need 3 backup wingers. Also, with Lehi Hopoate who will playing in around 2 years there is no need to hold Tuipilotu.
Might need to factor Talau into that equation as well. Almost identical body shape to Tui. Has played plenty of footy as that big bustling winger.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. Cherry
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'ata
12. Schuster
13. Brown

15. Sipley

18. Burbo

Gee the Defence of Jake's team is sounding horrible. Conceded 3 try's in 8 play of the balls.

You were clearly impressed by Brown just showing Jake up at lock. Brown must be doing something right if his ball playing at lock is has the attack singing for try try try.

Interesting.

Here’s my round 1 predicted lineup;

1. Turbo
  2. Saab
  3. Garrick
  4. Koula
  5. Vaega
  6. Brooks
  7. Dce
  8. Paeska
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Schuster
  13. Brown
  14. Gckt
  15. Sipley
  16. Bullemore
  17. Aloli
  18. Burbo

Could be a worthwhile option to use Brown similar to the previous Jake - Walker 13 arrangement .
Never was that aware of Brown "s apparent ball playing ability but certainly could be a bonus with the obvious lack of impetus since Walker:'s departure and the limitations with the 13 role consequently .
Until Lodge can make a hopeful beneficial return to prop duties , no doubt a couple of starting options and then Jake on indications part of the equation again .
Alioia will have to try and make a favorable impression early on . Paseka , Sipley and Bully were certainly offering some quite good impact for fair chunks of last season or at various stages .
Seems a bit quite with James progress .
Full credit to Brown for giving it a very decent shot at reestablishing his previous good form career level .
Again if his current good pre season preparation can be replicated on the paddock in the trials and incorporating some effective 13 role , will definitely provide some improvement to overall team prospects

Here’s my round 1 predicted lineup;

1. Turbo
  2. Saab
  3. Garrick
  4. Koula
  5. Vaega
  6. Brooks
  7. Dce
  8. Paeska
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Schuster
  13. Brown
  14. Gckt
  15. Sipley
  16. Bullemore
  17. Aloli
  18. Burbo
Spot on I’d probably make Burbo 17 and Aloli 18. Do not be surprised if Seibold swaps Koula and Turbo for 20 or so minutes to give the latter a breather at an opportune time during a game

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8