2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Possibly @Red Pill , However, when we look at the NRL career trajectory of the majority of these players (Hopoate is omitted, obviously, and Bullemore played in the wrong position by Des), it could be argued that this "mistake" was actually not a mistake at all. Seibold had problems at the Broncos with everyone else EXCEPT the younger players he brought through.

Cobbos and Gambles's comments on Walters show just how he (Walters) is perceived by the younger Broncos players now.
Pretty sure Seibold said somewhere that he let too many of the senior Broncos players go at once. So he's learned a lesson about the value of experience. Best case, this tranlates to a well balanced team for Manly, with youth and experience.

Assuming Tommy is fit for round 1, it will be interesting who Seibold picks for the centres and wing positions given Saab is injured.

received_555992163090675.jpeg

From my "darling" wife 😒

Pretty sure Seibold said somewhere that he let too many of the senior Broncos players go at once. So he's learned a lesson about the value of experience. Best case, this tranlates to a well balanced team for Manly, with youth and experience.
I agree that you need a balance of talented youth and experience

and the only way for talented young players to get experience is to be given a go on the field and not sitting on the bench for 70 minutes . They can sit at home and do the same watching it on tv

Last edited:
I agree that you need a balance of talented youth and experience

and the only way for talented young players to get experience is to be given a go on the field and not sitting on the bench for 70 minutes . They can sit at home and do the same watching it on tv
I suggest it's pretty well-accepted that the ideal way to introduce young talent to first grade is bring them into a strong settled side. Seibold at Brisbane had a ton of talented youngsters but without enough experience around them they crashed to a record semi loss and then a wooden spoon - even though there was heaps of talent there.
This year for example Weekes should come in and maybe one or two more, depending on injuries. Say Gordie, or Condon. Vaega if we're lacking troops, or maybe one of the young props.
But not all at once!

Possibly @Red Pill , However, when we look at the NRL career trajectory of the majority of these players (Hopoate is omitted, obviously, and Bullemore played in the wrong position by Des), it could be argued that this "mistake" was actually not a mistake at all. Seibold had problems at the Broncos with everyone else EXCEPT the younger players he brought through.

Cobbos and Gambles's comments on Walters show just how he (Walters) is perceived by the younger Broncos players now.
Just a side note on the Cobbo's "he's a good bloke but not much of a coach" comment. The Broncos released a statement reportedly from Cobbo apoligizing for the comments he made about Kevvie in a podcast he did a while ago. Only problem is you just know they weren't Cobbo's words, would of been better for Cobbo to explain himself, would of been more authentic than having the pen pushers at Broncos HQ penning the explanation note for him.

Just a side note on the Cobbo's "he's a good bloke but not much of a coach" comment. The Broncos released a statement reportedly from Cobbo apoligizing for the comments he made about Kevvie in a podcast he did a while ago. Only problem is you just know they weren't Cobbo's words, would of been better for Cobbo to explain himself, would of been more authentic than having the pen pushers at Broncos HQ penning the explanation note for him.

It's the way of the world isn't it. Prepared apologies etc for the high flyers and all is forgiven.

I am sure I read somewhere that Tuitavake is out until mid-season due to recovery. If true will make it hard for him to make an impact.

I am sure I read somewhere that Tuitavake is out until mid-season due to recovery. If true will make it hard for him to make an impact.
Ugh that sucks, he has had a rough run with injuries

I suggest it's pretty well-accepted that the ideal way to introduce young talent to first grade is bring them into a strong settled side. Seibold at Brisbane had a ton of talented youngsters but without enough experience around them they crashed to a record semi loss and then a wooden spoon - even though there was heaps of talent there.
This year for example Weekes should come in and maybe one or two more, depending on injuries. Say Gordie, or Condon. Vaega if we're lacking troops, or maybe one of the young props.
But not all at once!
We can also look at it this way

That 2019 young broncos made the top 8 on their debut which is a great achievement for such a young team ahead of the other more experienced player 8 teams below them that did not qualify

The following year the spoon failure was also a due the fracture withing the club that set in and poisoned the place

Balance of experience and young talent is not a good balance when you bring in 17 young players all in at once

Also these rare young talented players that are ready to make an impact do not come in abundance but when you do have them it is a waste of talent holding them back to inferior players and not use them

The Broncos young Tean 2019 semi final Team was quite a feat !
PosTeamPldWDLBPFPAPDPts
1Melbourne colours.svg Melbourne Storm2420041631300+33142
2Eastern Suburbs colours.svg Sydney Roosters2417071627363+26436
3South Sydney colours.svg South Sydney Rabbitohs2416081521417+10434
4Canberra colours.svg Canberra Raiders2415091524374+15032
5Parramatta colours.svg Parramatta Eels24140101533473+6030
6Manly Sea Eagles colours.svg Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles24140101496446+5030
7Cronulla colours.svg Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks24120121514464+5026
8Brisbane colours.svg Brisbane Broncos24111121432489−5725
9Wests Tigers colours.svg Wests Tigers24110131475486−1124
10Penrith Panthers square flag icon with 2017 colours.svg Penrith Panthers24110131413474−6124
11Newcastle colours.svg Newcastle Knights24100141485522−3722
12Canterbury colours.svg Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs24100141326477−15122
13Auckland colours.svg New Zealand Warriors2491141433574−14121
14North Queensland colours.svg North Queensland Cowboys2490151378500−12220
15St. George colours.svg St. George Illawarra Dragons2480161427575−14818
16Gold Coast Titans colours.svg Gold Coast Titans2440201370651−28110

It's too far out to know who will be available for Round One. Also, trial form may be a deciding factor in selections. However, this is a team I'd like to see.

1. Turbo
2. Tuipolutu
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Weekes (third fastest player in squad)
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Tualagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Jake (pre--Des version, otherwise at prop)
14. Chan
15. Condon|Burbo|Fulton
16. Keppie
17. Sipley|Bullemor

It's too far out to know who will be available for Round One. Also, trial form may be a deciding factor in selections. However, this is a team I'd like to see.

1. Turbo
2. Tuipolutu
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Weekes (third fastest player in squad)
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Tualagi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Jake (pre--Des version, otherwise at prop)
14. Chan
15. Condon|Burbo|Fulton
16. Keppie
17. Sipley|Bullemor
Yeah I think Weekes on flank is good starting point for first grade and fills weakness area with Saab out

When All fit and ready to go:

1. T Trbojevic
2- C Tuipolutu
3- R Garrick
4- T Koula
5- J Saab
6- K Weekes
7- DCE

8- J Aloiai
9- N Roach
10- J Trbojevic
11- K Tualagi
12- H Olakau'atu
13- J Schuster

14- L Crocker
15- T Paseka
16- S Keppie / E Bullemor
17- T Sipley / B Condon

18- S Fainu

I know Josh wants to play 5/8 and more than likely has first crack but I see this as a far better balanced team, his body shape is more like G Stewart than K Foran and he could be just as good if not better than Glenn ( and thats saying something, But lets not forget it did take Glenn an couple of seasons to fully blossom and shine into the player he was )

this brings Kaeo into the team and this guy is a special talent, he is a real footballer, has natural speed, good hands and can defend, if the coaching staff are serious they will see this.

Jake to prop, its his best position, he can lead from the front and turn that passion he has for the club into a real "follow me " leadership for the forwards. This then opens up a lock spot for Josh and together with Olakau'atu and Tualagi we could be looking at one of the best backrows in the comp.

The battle for position 16 and 17 will see us get the best out of those 4 and lets not forget we have good back up in Lawton, Ben T

While S Fainu,A Tuitavake , J Haumphries and Fulton will not be sitting out to long either and will only strengthen our squad into the future.

Last edited:

1. T Trbojevic
2- C Tuipolutu
3- R Garrick
4- T Koula
5- J Saab
6- K Weekes
7- DCE

8- J Aloiai
9- N Roach
10- J Trbojevic
11- K Tualagi
12- H Olakau'atu
13- J Schuster

14- L Crocker
15- T Paseka
17- T Sipley / B Condon

18- S Fainu

I know Josh wants to play 5/8 and more than likely has first crack but I see this as a far better balanced team, his body shape is more like G Stewart than K Foran and he could be just as good if not better than Glenn ( and thats saying something, But lets not forget it did take Glenn an couple of seasons to fully blossom and shine into the player he was )

this brings Kaeo into the team and this guy is a special talent, he is a real footballer, has natural speed, good hands and can defend, if the coaching staff are serious they will see this.

Jake to prop, its his best position, he can lead from the front and turn that passion he has for the club into a real "follow me " leadership for the forwards. This then opens up a lock spot for Josh and together with Olakau'atu and Tualagi we could be looking at one of the best backrows in the comp.

The battle for position 16 and 17 will see us get the best out of those 4 and lets not forget we have good back up in Lawton, Ben T

While S Fainu,A Tuitavake , J Haumphries and Fulton will not be sitting out to long either and will only strengthen our squad into the future.

Understand your position, but firstly Schuster has many more tricks up his sleeve than Glenn Stewart. Glenn was a top second rower with some silky skills but he would have struggled as five eighth, especially given he played almost all of his football in the second row. Schuster is a five eighth with skills that are useful in the forwards. Manly seemed to realise during his junior years that his abilities were best suited at 5/8. Stewart was a second rower with some 5/8 like skills. Schuster is a 5/8 with some second row like skills. Certainly Weekes has the skills to be 5/8. In fact he's one of those versatile players who could play well in any position in the back line. But he is being tutored for full back and has played most of his later junior years in that position. I suspect he'll start on the wing some time and then move to centre, unless Turbo's problems become insurmountable and then he'll be custodian. If anyone is competing for 5/8 at Manly against Schuster, I suspect its Fainu, not Weekes.

1. T Trbojevic
2- C Tuipolutu
3- R Garrick
4- T Koula
5- J Saab
6- K Weekes
7- DCE

8- J Aloiai
9- N Roach
10- J Trbojevic
11- K Tualagi
12- H Olakau'atu
13- J Schuster

14- L Crocker
15- T Paseka
17- T Sipley / B Condon

18- S Fainu

I like it Jay. If that spine was all performing at their best it's one fast attacking excitement machine.

Certainly not all at once but I would very much like to see a rotation of young guns given a crack ( off the bench to start ) each game.

Definitely not all at once , but over the course of the first half of the year it would be great to see the youngsters get a couple of games each.

They’ll either sink , swim slowly or power away. They can’t just be given 1 game , and sat on a bench for 78 minutes and expect to learn.

The strong will rise to the surface , they always do.

1. T Trbojevic
2- C Tuipolutu
3- R Garrick
4- T Koula
5- J Saab
6- K Weekes
7- DCE

8- J Aloiai
9- N Roach
10- J Trbojevic
11- K Tualagi
12- H Olakau'atu
13- J Schuster

14- L Crocker
15- T Paseka
17- T Sipley / B Condon

18- S Fainu

Not a bad line up feathered friend

But promising players like the fearless Fulton and the acrobatic wing man Veaga Las Vegas will have the last say in the trials

I hope Seibold takes the trials seriously if he wants all his players to take him seriously

We would like to go into round one with the best form players

The strong will rise to the surface , they always do.
I like your quote feathered friend

The Superior talent will Always rise to the surface

Let us also add that if you are a young talent and your Good enough You are also Old enough to Mess around with the Old Men

Young players can add Intimidation to the team and the game
Older players are Intimidated by the younger players

Think about It ..... .
You are an established player and a young up and coming player runs on the field with promise and passion to earn a top spot in the team and replace the top dog and also get on top of the top opposition dog

Competition eliminates complacency and breeds excellence
And Young Brilliance will Always blow away old legs experience

Last Season the 19 year old Brilliant Selwyn Cobbo excelled in the winning QLD SOO series

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4