2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saw something about nathaniel roache having a one year deal with us (i think)

Sorry mate but have to disagree. The gap from Flegg to NRL is huge and the fact these guys aren't getting meaningful time in NSW Cup to adjust to playing men with NRL experience is hindering their development. We need to come up with a viable NSW Cup option and use it as a pathway from Flegg to NRL for players like Weekes. If after half a season or so they're killing it in NSW Cup then by all means bring them through.

The benchmark is the Panthers setup and not many of them skip the NSW Cup step.
Really more a wishing and a hoping in regards to Weekes stepping up to a capable 6 role but showed in that least game against the Dogs that he is at least prepared to have a go . Has apparently played a heap of games in the halves in the juniors , realize that josh shu will have i st crack as the 6 but still a bit of a void at 13 .Taking into account that Jake virtually was only playing half a game there when Walker played quite considerable minutes there . Really just don "t want to see a repetition of the Nicko Hynes outcome with Weekes , again realize he has to still measure up but plenty of eventual good i st grade players have progressed from under 20 's to i st grade without too much of a transition .

What does everyone think of my 2023 team:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Raymond Vaega
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Tolu Koula
5. Jason Saab
6. Josh schuster
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Samuela fainu - Young gun with heaps of talent, definitely worth giving him a run. we saw what his brother manase could do..
9. Lachlan Crocker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakauatu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Nathan Brown (hope we sign him) / Dean matterson / Lawton
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Taniela Paeska
17. Josh Aioli

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Raymond Vaega
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Tolu Koula
5. Jason Saab
6. Josh schuster
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Samuela fainu - Young gun with heaps of talent, definitely worth giving him a run. we saw what his brother manase could do..
9. Lachlan Crocker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakauatu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Taniela Paeska
17. Josh Aioli
Fainu has done to the tigers

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Raymond Vaega
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Tolu Koula
5. Jason Saab
6. Josh schuster
7. Daly Cherry Evans
9. Lachlan Crocker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakauatu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Taniela Paeska
17. Josh Aioli
Good choice with Samuela, though maybe a season away....he is seen by many as the most outstanding of the Fainu clan and still a growing boy, who actually played halves as a youngster and has the skills to accomodate his size and big motor.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Raymond Vaega
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Tolu Koula
5. Jason Saab
6. Josh schuster
7. Daly Cherry Evans
9. Lachlan Crocker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakauatu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Taniela Paeska
17. Josh Aioli
some interesting suggestions there.

I wouldn't have Ray Vaega in there over Tuipulotu.

I like that you put Jake at prop but doubt Fainu ready to start at first grade next year. A bench spot at best.

Nathan Brown would be worth a shot at lock for the right price. And agree that Lawton worth a look as well when he returns from injury at that position.

some interesting suggestions there.

I wouldn't have Ray Vaega in there over Tuipulotu.

I like that you put Jake at prop but doubt Fainu ready to start at first grade next year. A bench spot at best.

Nathan Brown would be worth a shot at lock for the right price. And agree that Lawton worth a look as well when he returns from injury at that position.
We've got to get off thinking about well worn battering rams like Brown and Klemmer or Frizell. They've had their day in the sun, time for some young bulls.

Snippet from The Telegraph.

would be good depth signing. Esp for Turbo

Meanwhile, Canterbury and former Queensland fullback Corey Allan is being shopped to rival clubs and could land at either Parramatta or Manly for 2023.

Allan, 24, has another season to run on his current contract at Belmore.

Despite being primarily a winger or fullback, there are suggestions Allan could be offered to Manly and Parramatta as a centre.

Any deal struck would include Canterbury paying up to 50 per cent of Allan’s salary.

Canterbury will accommodate Allan for this coming season if interest at rivals clubs is minimal but the ex-Maroons star would be permitted to leave should he secure a deal.

Allan does have a relationship with former Bulldogs coach and new Eels assistant, Trent Barrett.

The Roosters had been linked with Allan but winger Tui Katoa is now on a train-and-trial deal at Bondi.

It is understood any rival club seeking to sign Allan would take him immediately.

Allan, who was named in the Bulldogs’ 30-man roster released this week, is on a salary believed to be around $500,000 for the 2023 season.

Parramatta’s starting centres for next season are expected to be Will Penisini and Bailey Simonsson.

Regular Eels centre Tom Opacic has joined Hull KR.

Manly’s centre pairing to start next season will come from Tolu Koula, Brad Parker or Morgan Harper

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4