2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This would be a good signing. Worth the risk I think. Hopefully a portion of chezs cut salary will be pumped into it. We should also snag bronson xerri now for 2024. Could be a cheap pick-up and would probably seal the deal for the fastest backline in the comp. Then.. move some chairs around and get a hooker in.

1.Trbojevic
2.Saab
3.Xerri
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.Cherry Evans
8.Flegler
9. ???
10.Aloiai
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Trbojevic

Looks the goods!

This would be a good signing. Worth the risk I think. Hopefully a portion of chezs cut salary will be pumped into it. We should also snag bronson xerri now for 2024. Could be a cheap pick-up and would probably seal the deal for the fastest backline in the comp. Then.. move some chairs around and get a hooker in.

1.Trbojevic
2.Saab
3.Xerri
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.Cherry Evans
8.Flegler
9. ???
10.Aloiai
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Trbojevic

Looks the goods!
Money wise:
#9 McIlorum
#14 Ipape

I like the look of a back line like this

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Weekes
Saab
Schuster
DCE

That is of course dependent upon Weekes continuing to develop as he seems to be promising (his selection probably wont happen I suspect until later in the year). But such a back line has tonnes of speed and skill. And if this new coach uses that back line in a structurally proficient manner, I think as long as the forwards hold their own, we will eventually be contenders again

I like the look of a back line like this

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Weekes
Saab
Schuster
DCE

That is of course dependent upon Weekes continuing to develop as he seems to be promising (his selection probably wont happen I suspect until later in the year). But such a back line has tonnes of speed and skill. And if this new coach uses that back line in a structurally proficient manner, I think as long as the forwards hold their own, we will eventually be contenders again
It is looking good, however, I would just like to see us buy one quality centre to slot in and teach these young kids the art of being a centre. It would make a huge difference to our backline, just having some quality and experience in there.

Guess from Weekes "s perspective , could be a case also of seeing what opportunities may present themselves to get a bit closer to vie for a regular i st grade position for Manly . So could be a bit of reluctance to recommit on a slightly longer basis just yet . Back up full back and on the very hopeful outcome that Turbo can spent so much more time on the field . probably not that appealing . Club has already invested some considerable outlay into Latu Fainu as a future 6 or half and not discounting Schuster "s serious efforts to nail down the 6 spot for next season at least . Not saying it is beyond him and excellent natural footy player but big ask to adapt to a fairly unfamiliar position as a centre when playing as a one or 6 has been his main roles . Naturally a different style of player but could be considered in a Walker type utility role but again some limitations there Just have to go by some reports that Weekes has gone well as a 6 in the Flegg ,. Ideal situation in the short term would be Weekes to be able to make a quick transition to 6 and Schuster equally as a 13 but ain 't going to happen on present indications . Excellent if he can be retained into the future and probably from other club 's outlook , still a bit of an unknown quantity so just not a straightforward matter unfortunately right now .

It is looking good, however, I would just like to see us buy one quality centre to slot in and teach these young kids the art of being a centre. It would make a huge difference to our backline, just having some quality and experience in there.
What's wrong with Parker, solid one on one defender, doe's the tough carries coming of our line and runs great lines when close to the try line in attack.

When you look at the top contenders last season , fair to say that the teams certainly did not have 2 gun centres per say , One really good centre in some instances , ie , Valintine , Crichton , Olam , Manu , Graham , then good but hardly top rate centres . Parker sort of fits that rating , and Harper but Brad the better defensive centre . Morgan is usually in the O K department , had to bulk up a little last season and probably has lost just a yard of speed also . Not to discount Brad usually running some good lines . Koula is our go to centre , salary cap reality is still going to result in a maybe average to good centre to compliment him whether it is Parker , Harper , outside possibilities in Tippttoes or even Weekes

My opinion has been expressed several times and of course its just a point of view.

But one of the reasons I said Manly had a pedestrian back line was because they had players like Parker, who lacks the speed and clever play Manly need in their backline. One might suggest he is like Matai, but Matai was quite fast and didnt just run at the line but penetrated. Which was OK with Lyon out there, a true master of the back line play. Mind you Parker was the best we had for several years, when Walker was suspended on injured, and he was the steel in that less than first grade back line

We havent had that since those two retired. Parker is an excellent front on defender and tries hard. You get 100% out of him. But I just feel if you are going to reach the next level we need speed and cleverness in our back line, kids who can make a break alone. Koula has that quality. Weekes seems to have that quality.

I could be wrong and Seibold may get the best out of Parker but I have doubts. That's not to say he couldn't make a pretty decent lock, which in my mind looks his best spot. Might surprise but he's slightly taller and heavier than Menzies was in his playing days. He's actually heavier than Lawton and only a few kilos lighter than a couple of Manly's lighter forwards. Take a while for him to adapt, but I think he'd make a pretty decent lock

What's wrong with Parker, solid one on one defender, doe's the tough carries coming of our line and runs great lines when close to the try line in attack.
What is wrong with Parker ?

He is on the wrong side of a premiership winning back line and I have seen all Manly premiership wins . They are available for all to see online

Parker does not have the speed and the footwork of a superior centre

Parker is competent front on but side one he is beaten for pace

A competent centre is competent in attack and as well as in defence

and if rebuilding the new season is all about upgrades then Parker is one player on notice

Nothing wrong with Parker, but I dont put him in the "quality" centre bracket.

What is wrong with Parker ?

He is on the wrong side of a premiership winning back line and I have seen all Manly premiership wins . They are available for all to see online

Parker does not have the speed and the footwork of a superior centre

Parker is competent front on but side one he is beaten for pace

A competent centre is competent in attack and as well as in defence

and if rebuilding the new season is all about upgrades then Parker is one player on notice
Parker does a job for us Bozo, albeit, not the quickest but is the sort of centre you need in the trenches defending the line with only 3min to go, protecting a 2pt lead.

Take a while for him to adapt, but I think he'd make a pretty decent lock
When we talk about competitive players positions as in lock for example

In order to asses the impact a player like Parker playing lock

You have to compare him with other benchmark players

and the impact Parker would make to our premiership wining hopes in that position

And factor in in his power game and skill set

And compare him competing with

Camerom Murray

Jason Laumalono

Victor Radly

Dale Fanucan

Joseph Tapine

Jai Arrow

Isaah Yeo

Jack De belin

P Carrigan

Last edited:
Parker does a job for us Bozo, albeit, not the quickest but is the sort of centre you need in the trenches defending the line with only 3min to go, protecting a 2pt lead.
The does the Job Perspective .....

Parker as you righty say is Not the quickest but he is the slowest and slow backs with no footwork in the fast game are a liability in both attack and defence especially in the big finals games were the tempo goes up to another level

Rebuilding is all about upgrading to players that can do a better job

The does the Job Perspective .....

Parker as you righty say is Not the quickest but he is the slowest and slow backs with no footwork in the fast game are a liability in both attack and defence especially in the big finals games were the tempo goes up to another level

Rebuilding is all about upgrading to players that can do a better job
Well, we agree to disagree Bozo...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10