2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Personally I’ll be really really surprised now if we announce any further signings.

Unless it’s some sort of swap for a better player we already have, the most likely would be Garrick but it seems that’s gone quiet.

I think we haven’t looked like an attractive destination for some time , and it’s got worse in recent times , so we are battling that as well as a brand new side , with 10 million to spend , looking for 30 players.

It’s sort of like a double whammy really.

I think the only way forward is to build from within , have a settled back office , get some reasonable success on the field and then become an attractive proposition once again.

Sadly this could take at least 2-3 years.

And will probably coincide with the end of the Cherry Evans era.

We just need to hope that some of our youngsters take that next step as I feel we are going to need them to do so to improve.

I still think we need an on field forward leader to help Jake out more than a player in his prime. If Flanno gets the ok to wave good bye at St George, I would have thought Manly are then right in the mix for both Graham and Fifita

Guess from Weekes "s perspective , could be a case also of seeing what opportunities may present themselves to get a bit closer to vie for a regular i st grade position for Manly . So could be a bit of reluctance to recommit on a slightly longer basis just yet . Back up full back and on the very hopeful outcome that Turbo can spent so much more time on the field . probably not that appealing . Club has already invested some considerable outlay into Latu Fainu as a future 6 or half and not discounting Schuster "s serious efforts to nail down the 6 spot for next season at least . Not saying it is beyond him and excellent natural footy player but big ask to adapt to a fairly unfamiliar position as a centre when playing as a one or 6 has been his main roles . Naturally a different style of player but could be considered in a Walker type utility role but again some limitations there Just have to go by some reports that Weekes has gone well as a 6 in the Flegg ,. Ideal situation in the short term would be Weekes to be able to make a quick transition to 6 and Schuster equally as a 13 but ain 't going to happen on present indications . Excellent if he can be retained into the future and probably from other club 's outlook , still a bit of an unknown quantity so just not a straightforward matter unfortunately right now .
It is an ongoing question until he can be seen regularly in the Blacktown team (assuming they're still around) coz I just can't see him slotting in anywhere at the start of the year.

I still think we need an on field forward leader to help Jake out more than a player in his prime. If Flanno gets the ok to wave good bye at St George, I would have thought Manly are then right in the mix for both Graham and Fifita
Move Jake to Prop

And yes both of the above , even though at the end of their careers , would really help our youngsters go to the next level.

Garrick as centre, changes the dynamic of the entire backline. We will potentially start season 2023 with fast centres and slow wingers. (Saab is out for half the season or so). Our outside back stocks are seriously lacking in depth at NRL standard, particularly at winger.

We are still short a quality hooker, an aggressive starting prop forward, and a quality winger. We are pretty well covered in the centres with Garrick shifting positions, but none of our backups are really at quality NRL standard either (Harper, Burbo, Parker etc)

1 Turbo
2 Tuipolotu
3 Koula
4 Garrick
5 Parker/Smalley/Vaega
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Okalatua
12 Tuilagi
13 Lawton

14 Weekes/Fulton/Chan Kum Tong
15 Bullemore/Condon/Burbo
16 Paseka/Tuitavake
17 Keppie/Sipley

Graham 2-3 years ago would have been perfect
Unfortunately his body is a bust now
Creighton agreed to stay with Roosters over a month ago and actually signed last week
I would look for a player who is still under contract, that may just get out like a Klemmer type which is still a possibility

Hopefully, the new coaches will be selecting teams from the outset on fitness & form (trials) with an emphasis on blooding and developing young players. They will have different concepts for attack & defence than Des and should select teams accordingly. Given this scenario, maybe there are only 11-12 players with guaranteed spots in the 17?

I'm glad Manly is fighting to keep Garrick. No reason he can't do a decent job at centre, he might even excel there because with the taste of freedom he got as fullback he'll probably be keen to bob up all over the place and generally be as involved in play as possible.
Sort of opposite of Staggs, who is brilliant but never goes out of his way to get in the game.
Garrick could even become our Gutho!

No I mean a good player who can play a key role for the club in various positions. Many of us have secretly wished at times that Gutho had never been discarded from Manly.
But you knew I meant that!

No I mean a good player who can play a key role for the club in various positions. Many of us have secretly wished at times that Gutho had never been discarded from Manly.
But you knew I meant that!
Of course @SeaEagleRock8 This is yet another occasion where I agree with you 100%. Obviously, Mestrov does as well. There is an obvious opportunity for Turbo and Garrick to switch roles at any time. Add Koula into the mix and things could get very confusing for the opposition.

Garrick as centre, changes the dynamic of the entire backline. We will potentially start season 2023 with fast centres and slow wingers. (Saab is out for half the season or so). Our outside back stocks are seriously lacking in depth at NRL standard, particularly at winger.

We are still short a quality hooker, an aggressive starting prop forward, and a quality winger. We are pretty well covered in the centres with Garrick shifting positions, but none of our backups are really at quality NRL standard either (Harper, Burbo, Parker etc)

1 Turbo
2 Tuipolotu
3 Koula
4 Garrick
5 Parker/Smalley/Vaega
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Okalatua
12 Tuilagi
13 Lawton

14 Weekes/Fulton/Chan Kum Tong
15 Bullemore/Condon/Burbo
16 Paseka/Tuitavake
17 Keppie/Sipley
Just on Saab - I'm still not convinced his injury is as bad as it had been reported. I've noted a couple of times that I saw him at one of our last home games with just a minor limp, no brace, no crutches. Of course, we've not seen any injury update from the club so who knows. Have you seen any updates anywhere?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8