2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
New big kiwi prop signing Austin Dias from Tigers seems to hit the line with speed and run straight up the guts hard.
Something we been missing for a long time.
You Got to like that !
If he doesn’t have a video clip with gangster rap how good is he really?
Que the plodder tag😄
Welcome aboard Austin

W
Well at least it’s a signing , that’s a move forward I guess.
Who would be making this decision in the absence of a coach? Is it Mestrov? I wouldn't have thought Cleal would still be having much of a say would he? Surely a new coach should have SOME input. Or am I being naive and they've actually been talking to Seibold about it and we're just being fed BS from the Club about nothing official?

Keep thinking about our backline for next season, and I only feel one position really is up for grabs, and that's Reuben Garrick's centre partner:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

are all the locks. So that leaves the 4 jersey open to Kaeo Weekes, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker & Chistian Tuipulotu. Who (and why) do you think the person you're saying is the right guy?
I like the idea of Weekes with the extra zip etc but it still worries me having an inexperienced backline thrown straight in. Having the Schu trying to find his feet (so to speak), Koula only in his 2nd year (and we know how those can work out after a promising 1st year) and ? over Saab and Tips, throwing Weekes into that combo could be setting him up for failure. I know you're not a fan but I'd be keeping Parks in their for the time being coz whilst he has limitations for sure, he a solid option with experience. I'm not sure how to bring Weekes into the side and hoping Seibold can sort that one out.

Saab won't be number 2, he suffered a 9-12 month injury in mid August. Tuipulotu will have ample opportunity to make his case.
Do you know if there has been an update on this injury coz I noted in an earlier post that I saw Saab on the field for the team warm up in one of our last home games (sorry to bring that up) and he was walking around with a bit of a limp but no brace or crutches. I thought that was strange given the reported injury. But then, I'm no a surgeon - I just make cutting comments on ST!

Hope he proves me wrong but Dias is 24 and couldn't make it to FG until getting a run at the end of the year for the wooden spooners. But he does fit our recent signing profiles of Tuilagi and Matterson's brother

Our cap must be so ****ed if we let Foz, Marty, Walker & Davey go and can only replace them with reserve graders. Either that or more likely, no-one wants to come here

New big kiwi prop signing Austin Dias from Tigers seems to hit the line with speed and run straight up the guts hard.
Something we been missing for a long time.
You Got to like that !

His highlights was mostly him running straight and getting tackled quite easily. Quick to get to his feet which is a bonus but its also reserve grade and they probably aren't pro wrestlers.

W

Who would be making this decision in the absence of a coach? Is it Mestrov? I wouldn't have thought Cleal would still be having much of a say would he? Surely a new coach should have SOME input. Or am I being naive and they've actually been talking to Seibold about it and we're just being fed BS from the Club about nothing official?
Cleal is a Des man , he’d be gone for sure.

I would imagine this has been in the pipeline for a while , wouldn’t have just happened in the just two days.

Has Boyle been re signed ? Nothing unusual to bring in a marginal type player on a base rate who may be able to go to another level , especially when the pack does need a bit of a shake up . Really hope that Weekes can be accommodated somehow , even initially as a bench player but then still needs plenty of game time to develop his game . Ist grade centre would be quite a challenge for him in the short term , Apparently did go well as a 6 in the Flegg , to expect or move Josh to a 13 role would be a big call even if josh did have no issues with it . , Manly lower grade grouping or aspirants will no doubt get every opportunity to see if they can go to the next level . Far from a settled combination or team line up . certainly will be no sense of complacency tolerated one would assume with the new coaching regime

His highlights was mostly him running straight and getting tackled quite easily. Quick to get to his feet which is a bonus but its also reserve grade and they probably aren't pro wrestlers.
6.6ft 110kg Paseka build, looks to have decent leg speed and his ruck speed ok didn't show to many offloads, hopefully a good motor,all in reserve grade ,played 8 games with tigers end of the season but I didn't watch any

6.6ft 110kg Paseka build, looks to have decent leg speed and his ruck speed ok didn't show to many offloads, hopefully a good motor,all in reserve grade ,played 8 games with tigers end of the season but I didn't watch any

Why not John? We've turned the hooker position in our team into an ineffectual, non running game, non kicking game add nothing but heart and tackling role.

Why not keep stock piling these absolute street pylons. Watch them get run around by those Panthers robust , mobile, explosive middle and edge forwards.

Hahaha.

Why not John? We've turned the hooker position in our team into an ineffectual, non running game, non kicking game add nothing but heart and tackling role.

Why not keep stock piling these absolute street pylons. Watch them get run around by those Panthers robust , mobile, explosive middle and edge forwards.

Hahaha.
Paseka, Keppie,Toff, Boyle,Dias all similar definately need some more creativity around the middle hopefully GCKT or Roache can provide some of the bench ( at this stage Froggy has to start)
13 Lawton
12 Kt
11 Oka
10 Aloia
9 Croker
8 Jake
14 Gckt/ Roache
15 Fulton/& Matterson
16 Paseka
17 Keppie/Toff / Bully

Paseka, Keppie,Toff, Boyle,Dias all similar definately need some more creativity around the middle hopefully GCKT or Roache can provide some of the bench ( at this stage Froggy has to start)
13 Lawton
12 Kt
11 Oka
10 Aloia
9 Croker
8 Jake
14 Gckt/ Roache
15 Fulton/& Matterson
16 Paseka
17 Keppie/Toff / Bully

Dude, no idea why my brain was calling you John ! Sorry Marto...I'm not the brightest spark to be fair ! Btw, that forward pack is awful mate. No way we start beating the top 4 / 8 teams with those plods running around, I mean come on:

Roache, Croker, Fulton, Matterson, Sipley, Bullemor, Gckt & others? You're listing players that wouldn't get a start at 80-90% of other clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8