2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am positive that 2023 we will make the top 8. This team will be good.

Good luck in the off season with working on combinations.

GO MANLY

1. Tommy

2. Garrick

3. Koula

4. Harper / Parker

5. Saab

6. Schuster

7. DCE

8. Aloiai

9. Croker

10. Jake T

11. Haumole

12. Ben T

13. Liam Fulton

14. K Lawton

15. S Keppie

16. T Paseka

17. E Bullemor
Isn’t Liam Fulton nearly 50?

When easts got ravaged by injuries they gave Walker a chance and he never looked back. If we need help Latu should be played. My fear is the coaches reluctance to take a punt on younger players and only as a last resort will he play them.

I don’t think he will be 18 until late in the year. Maybe a bridge to far for 2023.

When easts got ravaged by injuries they gave Walker a chance and he never looked back. If we need help Latu should be played. My fear is the coaches reluctance to take a punt on younger players and only as a last resort will he play them.
Sure and when we were ravaged by injury and people were clamouring for Albert Hopoate Des gave him a chance and he wasnt ready. Look at him now.

Look we aren't disagreeing, Dessies hesitancy to play youth is a frustration for me but Latu needs to prove in training and the lower grades that he deserves an opportunity. It shouldn't just be handed out due to his contract or hype

Sure and when we were ravaged by injury and people were clamouring for Albert Hopoate Des gave him a chance and he wasnt ready. Look at him now.

Look we aren't disagreeing, Dessies hesitancy to play youth is a frustration for me but Latu needs to prove in training and the lower grades that he deserves an opportunity. It shouldn't just be handed out due to his contract or hype
I agree that the jersey should just not be handed out.

Your comparison of young Hoppa and Sam walker should also mention that Walker got nearly a full sean, Hoppa got 4 games or so at the end of the doomed 2020 season and signed up with Canberra anyways.

I just hope that jerseys are earned and not retained by mediocrity!

Our top 17 ( even with no other signings ) isn’t too bad, but without a couple of intimidating forwards it’s SSDD ( same **** different day ).

When I say not “ too bad “ I’m simply saying with them we won’t win a spoon , and even might scrape into 8th spot.

But it’s when we get injuries , which we will , that we are in deep deep do do!!

We have a million dollar fullback who potentially will play 3 or 4 games, it might be more or it even could be none. Love Tommy but he ain’t value for money at this stage of his career.

We have a bunch of pillow forwards who couldn’t break the top off a slowly cooling custard and who spend half the the time on the sidelines. We’ve let 2 or 3 forwards go , and haven’t bothered signing even an average first grader , no not even ONE.

And ZERO, no worse actually , absolutely nada depth other than discards from bottom 4 clubs.

It’s bleak at present and there’s no other way to sugar coat it.

BUT, I live in hope that we “ might “ sign a couple of at least reasonable forwards , but if we don’t.

Brace yourselves !!

We are completely screwed for 2023.

Being at the GF live even with our full strength team and full team harmony we are at best bottom of the top 8.

We are years away from being a serious threat we will be lucky to win anything before 2030 the way we are going.

Being at the GF live even with our full strength team and full team harmony we are at best bottom of the top 8.

We are years away from being a serious threat we will be lucky to win anything before 2030 the way we are going.
If we want to compete with the top sides our forwards need to be quick and mobile. I would move Jake to front row and play him for 60mins. We need to unearth a small ball playing lock similar to Radley or Murray. Hopefully that young Maddison can be that guy.

A lot can change or happen in 8yrs d123, the next 3yrs will be tough. But can see us making a real run for premiers from then on.

I disagree

We still have a very young team with plenty of promise. Yes there are som areas where we are lacking (such as the front row) but there are more talented kids coming through than I can remember for a number of years.

I am not saying we will win the comp next year or even the year after but there are plenty of promising signs if we can, ever, get the off the park stuff sorted

I disagree

We still have a very young team with plenty of promise. Yes there are som areas where we are lacking (such as the front row) but there are more talented kids coming through than I can remember for a number of years.

I am not saying we will win the comp next year or even the year after but there are plenty of promising signs if we can, ever, get the off the park stuff sorted
Agreed with you and am so much looking forward to 2023 and what the boys will bring .The off field stuff is annoying but some people love that s - - t .I cannot wait to see the team run out for the opening round next year .

Keep thinking about our backline for next season, and I only feel one position really is up for grabs, and that's Reuben Garrick's centre partner:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

are all the locks. So that leaves the 4 jersey open to Kaeo Weekes, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker & Chistian Tuipulotu. Who (and why) do you think the person you're saying is the right guy?

Last edited:
Keep thinking about our blackline for next season, and I only feel one position really is up for grabs, and that's Reuben Garrick's centre partner:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

are all the locks. So that leaves the 4 jersey open to Kaeo Weekes, Morgan Harper, Brad Parker & Chistian Tuipulotu. Who (and why) do you think the person you're saying is the right guy?
Saab won't be number 2, he suffered a 9-12 month injury in mid August. Tuipulotu will have ample opportunity to make his case.

Saab won't be number 2, he suffered a 9-12 month injury in mid August. Tuipulotu will have ample opportunity to make his case.
The official prognosis (and I've heard he is tracking in front of even this line, and will be available!):

Manly have confirmed star duo Jason Saab and Jake Trbojevic suffered season-ending injuries against the Titans on Sunday.

Saab ruptured his ACL after jumping for the ball in the second half and copped a bump before landing awkwardly on his right knee.

The 21-year-old winger will be sidelined for nine months and will likely return in the opening rounds of next season.

Keep thinking about our blackline for next season, and I only feel one position really is up for grabs, and that's Reuben Garrick's centre partner:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Be careful Ryan “blackline” 😲🤦😂

Garrick is an out and out finishing winger, Parker is so solid as a centre and a perfect foil for Koula.

Guys, NEED Weekes in this team. And NOT as a utility. This backline rocks (Weekes like Jamie Lyon):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick

Speed, X-factor, youth. Let's play the NSW Cup quality players like Harper, Parker, Tuipulotu, Vaega in the NSW Cup. Good depth on a good team, but that's it.

Guys, NEED Weekes in this team. And NOT as a utility. This backline rocks (Weekes like Jamie Lyon):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick

Speed, X-factor, youth. Let's play the NSW Cup quality players like Harper, Parker, Tuipulotu, Vaega in the NSW Cup. Good depth on a good team, but that's it.
Kaeo would be great coming off the bench, also great cover for any backline injuries.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10