2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My concern is , to date , everything we know ( or hear ) is one way ……OUT!!
Is it possible we have players coming who will play finals and there'll be no announcement until their current team is out?
Maybe?
Yeah.
No.
Probably not.

Parker wouldn't be allowed to leave without a replacement you wouldn't think. I reckon Bradman best will be here next year. I also reckon Garrick will be at the knights in a player swap with someone other than best. Maybe a Klemmer. I could be wrong though

Lots of outs , and if the rumours are true quite a few more.

And really just 1 incoming !!!

Don’t know about you but I’m really starting to get worried for next season.
I am excited

Everyone wants change and it is clear that there will be some significant roster change next year. No matter what way you look at it

1. You need 30 players for your top squad
2. Contracts mean nothing in the NRL which means almost every player is available
3. There has to be some cap space, especially with the forecasted increase...even accounting for DCE and the T's.

My hope is that we are heading to a 1993/94 season next year - for the kids that was when Bozo (not the meme poster but the coach) came back to coach and brought through a generation of young kids like Beaver, Kosef, Gartner, Elsegood, Danny Moore, Solomon H etc to play with Des, Tooves and Cliffy

But then again I am what appears to be the only optimist left on here

Parker wouldn't be allowed to leave without a replacement you wouldn't think. I reckon Bradman best will be here next year. I also reckon Garrick will be at the knights in a player swap with someone other than best. Maybe a Klemmer. I could be wrong though
well that could become an option in Klemma 's case and the knights pay a bit of his freight . doubt that that would also include Best. Klemma , Alioia Jake and Paseka as prop rotation or Jake at 13 and Keppie or Boyle as options . if Garrick and Parker leave , could be more then a possibility with klemmer . Actually would be very encouraged with that Klemmer ; Jake , Alioia Paseka prop rotation , Schuster at 13 , Weekes at 6 [ that a bit less likely but will have to accommodate him somehow if Manly want to keep him ]

well that could become an option in Klemma 's case and the knights pay a bit of his freight . doubt that that would also include Best. Klemma , Alioia Jake and Paseka as prop rotation or Jake at 13 and Keppie or Boyle as options . if Garrick and Parker leave , could be more then a possibility with klemmer . Actually would be very encouraged with that Klemmer ; Jake , Alioia Paseka prop rotation , Schuster at 13 , Weekes at 6 [ that a bit less likely but will have to accommodate him somehow if Manly want to keep him ]
Let's say if we gave them Garrick, who hypothetically is on 300k for klemmer 700k. Knights want him as a fullback and want to sign him for 700k. They would have to offer someone up for us to budge. Otherwise what would be the point. Hypothetically if knights wanted to swap klemmer.. we could get him for 400k the first year which would make the transaction even and square dollar wise. But I reckon given the importance of a fullback in the kinghts plans.. we could potentially get klemmer for 300k. But I guess it all really depends on what klemmer would want or demand beyond that 1 year

There’s still a few off contract players in positions of need that we should be looking at:

• Isaiah Tass (centre)
  • Daejarn Asi (5/8 or centre)
  • Jackson Topine/Matt Doorey (2nd row)
  • Jordan McLean/Herman Ese’ese (prop)

I absolutely love Garrick but I think if there’s a chance to get Best AND Klemmer in exchange then we should probably do it. As bad as this year has been we still have some top quality players (including the best player in the world when fit) who could be part of a premiership team, but we need to balance out the squad first.

I am excited

Everyone wants change and it is clear that there will be some significant roster change next year. No matter what way you look at it

1. You need 30 players for your top squad
2. Contracts mean nothing in the NRL which means almost every player is available
3. There has to be some cap space, especially with the forecasted increase...even accounting for DCE and the T's.

My hope is that we are heading to a 1993/94 season next year - for the kids that was when Bozo (not the meme poster but the coach) came back to coach and brought through a generation of young kids like Beaver, Kosef, Gartner, Elsegood, Danny Moore, Solomon H etc to play with Des, Tooves and Cliffy

But then again I am what appears to be the only optimist left on here
I actually share your optimism, Isz, with all this agitation and supposed movement happening. I have two concerns/questions around the change...

(1) I cringe when I see players leaving with the kind of attitude and grit we absolutely need. I would include Foz, Parker, Davey and Garrick in that category. Granted, I understand the potential benefits of moving them on, but I hope to hell we are aware and building a culture of grit and resilience. And this concern also extends to players who we may be keeping that undermine that quality.

(2) DCE's contract. If DCE is still commanding anything like his contract over this past decade then I would like to see him moved on and truly free up the space for us to build the right foundations across the park. If his contract is reasonably reduced then we can work around it. It really depends on what numbers he is taking over these next few years.

If I'm reading the recruitment speculation correctly, we only seem to get players from the bottom few clubs (ie Tugers and Knights). Our big recruitment in 2022 was Bully who came from the wooden spooners.
Wouldn't it be nice to get a player from Melbourne, Easts or Penrith?
Agree but zero chance

My guess regarding Parker is that Manly are expecting big things from Tuilaga and Weekes, competing for the centre spot. Be a big mistake f they let Garrick go as he is easily our best wing man and a good goal kicker

Misadventure? Wow, not so keen on liberal democracy then? I hadn't picked you as a big fan of feudalism Bear @:D :rofl:

Revolutions rarely achieve their intentions, at least in the following decades and almost always end up in chaos. This isnt about feudalism vs liberal democracy, especially given that was not achieved in France until the late 1800s. Napolean became a virtual dictator, and was followed by members of his family, then the monarchy again until 1870 when the Third Republic was formed. Then liberal democracy started to assert itself. Same applies to Russia 1917. That revolution is still being fought after hundreds of millions had died. China 1949, Spain 1936, Cambodia 1975, Burma 1962, 1988, 1996, etc etc etc. Revolutions, for all their good intent, almost always end in chaos with millions dead, and not necessarily to good outcome decades later.

ps. I love history.

My guess regarding Parker is that Manly are expecting big things from Tuilaga and Weekes, competing for the centre spot. Be a big mistake f they let Garrick go as he is easily our best wing man and a good goal kicker
If they were expecting big things from Weekes then I would have thought they would have played him. Plenty of opportunities to. But I really want him to make it.

If they were expecting big things from Weekes then I would have thought they would have played him. Plenty of opportunities to. But I really want him to make it.

Seems they are playing him. Here's hoping he shows us the flair he apparently has show at junior and Blacktown level.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10