2023 ... players in trouble ..breaking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he has a case to be made for getting his nose fixed. I mean he clearly busted it playing for Roosters? Or was is Parramatta? Either way he could argue that it was directly caused by the game he played.

But yes he's a tool.

Agree ... is there a time statute of limitations to workers comp. ? Or Insurance claims ?

Seems to me the insurance company of the club he was playing for is the appropriate mob for him to be chasing ... not the NRL for a headline.

Which black eye has he not already paid for?
He's talking about the 12 month limit on the game paying for surgeries to correct injuries from playing.
Which is what Iassah Yeo, DCE and the entire player body is demanding right now, doesn't make any of them tools that I can see.
Alright I’ll take the emotional side out of the argument and my thoughts on Ferguson and just say he signed a contract that under the agreement at the time allowed players to have any surgeries within 1 year after they either retire or leaves the competition.

Alright I’ll take the emotional side out of the argument and my thoughts on Ferguson and just say he signed a contract that under the agreement at the time allowed players to have any surgeries within 1 year after they either retire or leaves the competition.
Agree. He would probably argue that he was encouraged that the injury could be fixed after his playing career and delayed it upon their advice. The devil is in the detail on this one.

Agree. He would probably argue that he was encouraged that the injury could be fixed after his playing career and delayed it upon their advice. The devil is in the detail on this one.

That is why they have managers .... but either way ... it was a decision he made ...

He earned nearly $10 million playing Rugby league and is whingeing about paying for a nose job that 1000 amateur players pay for themselves every year ...
Wow he's earned too much, does that offend you? For being so excellent at getting his face and body smashed to smithereens for the viewing enjoyment of you and your latte sipping MP mates!

Fair enough, so what do your group think liberal mates tell you is the appropriate footy earnings limit before the medical benefits are cut off? Maybe 5 million? 2 million?

You're not looking hard enough ..

Whilst many have legitimate and reasonable expectations to be looked after following retirement ... this blokes injuries weren't bad enough to stop him going to Japanese rugby and then the ESl after the NRL ... or get it fixed within the current time parameters.

He earned nearly $10 million playing Rugby league and is whingeing about paying for a nose job that 1000 amateur players pay for themselves every year ...

If the numbnut is broke he can get it done on Medicare.

Whilst your comrades at group think command may believe he is a champion of the downtrodden masses ... and cheer his name as an ideological hero ...

I'll stick with he's a tool .
or don't pay for. I was at a recent ENT appointment and as the Dr was inserting the camera into my nose she said "oh, you have a deviated septum - footy?". I said "yep" .... and we moved on. It adds character, right?

or don't pay for. I was at a recent ENT appointment and as the Dr was inserting the camera into my nose she said "oh, you have a deviated septum - footy?". I said "yep" .... and we moved on. It adds character, right?
If he wants his nostrils to regain normal function, I could get on board with the NRL paying for that. If he wants cosmetic surgery to make him pretty, there is not enough money in the world.

Wow he's earned too much, does that offend you? For being so excellent at getting his face and body smashed to smithereens for the viewing enjoyment of you and your latte sipping MP mates!

Fair enough, so what do your group think liberal mates tell you is the appropriate footy earnings limit before the medical benefits are cut off? Maybe 5 million? 2 million?

Hahaha ... so you've gone back to just making shiite up ... in a futile attempt to smother ....

I never said he earnt too much .... why you would just invent that is typical of your style ...

And I never linked an amount earned to a cut off of medical benefits ... again you are just trying to invent an argument ...

But there was a time limit .... and going off to play Rugby in Japan ... and then League in England ... put him way past due ....

Again, whilst all players should have the access to medical benefits, there must be rules ... and in this instant, I will double down on this tool ... and say that after earning over $10mil from the NRL ... then leaving to play elsewhere for 3 years .... he should just STFU and pay for his own nose job ... pathetic ..

Well you keep mentioning his pay, thats why I asked what you say the cut off should be. If you are saying it's irrelevant ... why do you keep mentioning it?!
Sound to me you think he's too rich!

Well you keep mentioning his pay, thats why I asked what you say the cut off should be. If you are saying it's irrelevant ... why do you keep mentioning it?!
Sound to me you think he's too rich!

I mention it to make a distinction from a player on minimum contract who only played for one or two seasons .... somebody who I would be far more sympathetic to ...

And I also mention his earnings because in his rant he bemoans being abandoned an ignored by the NRL in his time of need ... FMD ... 18 year old gals get cosmetic nose jobs for fun ... and pay for them ..

Can not follow the argument above but my 2 cents - I think there should be a system where players (within agreed upon limts) are eligible to get injures resolved post playing career

Can not follow the argument above but my 2 cents - I think there should be a system where players (within agreed upon limts) are eligible to get injures resolved post playing career
There is a system.It’s currently for one year after they retire or leave the system.That’s the whole argument against Ferguson

There is .. and they are .

So what is the DCE argument then?

Don't know specifically ... but generally I think the issue from the players association is about how much the NRL stumps up for the fund ... and who controls the fund. The players association wants total control.

I think it is the second point that is the deal breaker ... the NRL doesn't want to throw millions in a fund that they have no control over.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
So what is the DCE argument then?
In fairness to DCE, it's not the DCE argument, players like Yeo and DCE are spokesmen but apparently the entire NRL player association is behind the push for extended help with post career injuries. And as with the wages, I doubt their focus is on the top end players who as Woodsie correctly points out could probably afford most of it themselves (unless their brains are turned to mush, of course, which sadly may be a possibility for some)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7