2023 ... players in trouble ..breaking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed Eagle1, what's the difference, whether it's a hammer or a knife they're both likely to kill you
That's the way I see it also, bit surprised Fainu's Lawyer didn't push for it to be dealt with in a local court rather than a District Court. Could of shaved a few years of his sentence, just sayin..

That's the way I see it also, bit surprised Fainu's Lawyer didn't push for it to be dealt with in a local court rather than a District Court. Could of shaved a few years of his sentence, just sayin..
That wasn't an option with Manase's charge. Intentional wounding or grievous bodily harm always has to go to District COurt.

That wasn't an option with Manase's charge. Intentional wounding or grievous bodily harm always has to go to District COurt.
Yet, Amone was charged with the same thing, "grievous bodily harm" in a hammer attack on a Tradesperson. And he went to a Local Court...?? not disputing your take on this and pointing out all the legalities and what court people are supposed to be tried in. But really think Manase was hard done by in the end.

I always encourage people not to jump to conclusions when a player is charged! The Brett Stewart case surely was enough for folks to realise an early media report may be nothing like what actually happened when all the evidence is out.

As to the charges, from memory Amone was charged with a 'reckless' offence, meaning you know your action might result in harm and you do it anyway. Manase's was intentional, no surprise given it was plunging a knife into someone's back. 'Oh I'm awfully sorry, i thought you were my medium rare steak'.

You can take it up with parliament if you like, they consider 'intentional' more serious then 'reckless' (max penalties 25 years vs 14 years) :)

I always encourage people not to jump to conclusions when a player is charged! The Brett Stewart case surely was enough for folks to realise an early media report may be nothing like what actually happened when all the evidence is out.

As to the charges, from memory Amone was charged with a 'reckless' offence, meaning you know your action might result in harm and you do it anyway. Manase's was intentional, no surprise given it was plunging a knife into someone's back. 'Oh I'm awfully sorry, i thought you were my medium rare steak'.

You can take it up with parliament if you like, they consider 'intentional' more serious then 'reckless' (max penalties 25 years vs 14 years) :)
If you read the article, unless the reporter got it all wrong, states, charged with Grievous Bodily Harm. The same charge as Fainu.

If you read the article, unless the reporter got it all wrong, states, charged with Grievous Bodily Harm. The same charge as Fainu.
The article says:

"Amone charged with reckless grievous bodily harm, intimidation, and destroying property."

As I suggested in my earlier post, if you look up Fainu's case you might find he was charged with doing his act intentionally, which is far more serious than 'recklessly'.
If you think his penalty was too harsh you're quite entitled to your opinion of course.

The article says:

"Amone charged with reckless grievous bodily harm, intimidation, and destroying property."

As I suggested in my earlier post, if you look up Fainu's case you might find he was charged with doing his act intentionally, which is far more serious than 'recklessly'.
If you think his penalty was too harsh you're quite entitled to your opinion of course.
I take your point, but in Amone's case, attacking someone with a hammer is...intention to hit someone with a dangerous weapon. How can this be classified as... reckless. Who judges these decisions.

I take your point, but in Amone's case, attacking someone with a hammer is...intention to hit someone with a dangerous weapon. How can this be classified as... reckless. Who judges these decisions.
The cops in charge of the investigation decide what charge to lay.
Then if the cops have laid a serious charge the DPP take over and decide what the appropriate charges should be.

It's M.C. Hammer v Mac the Knife
Take a bow @globaleagle
Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

Last edited:
No doubt Ferguson will pay for the black eye he gave the game numerous times in his career
Which black eye has he not already paid for?
He's talking about the 12 month limit on the game paying for surgeries to correct injuries from playing.
Which is what Iassah Yeo, DCE and the entire player body is demanding right now, doesn't make any of them tools that I can see.

Which black eye has he not already paid for?
He's talking about the 12 month limit on the game paying for surgeries to correct injuries from playing.
Which is what Iassah Yeo, DCE and the entire player body is demanding right now, doesn't make any of them tools that I can see.

You're not looking hard enough ..

Whilst many have legitimate and reasonable expectations to be looked after following retirement ... this blokes injuries weren't bad enough to stop him going to Japanese rugby and then the ESl after the NRL ... or get it fixed within the current time parameters.

He earned nearly $10 million playing Rugby league and is whingeing about paying for a nose job that 1000 amateur players pay for themselves every year ...

If the numbnut is broke he can get it done on Medicare.

Whilst your comrades at group think command may believe he is a champion of the downtrodden masses ... and cheer his name as an ideological hero ...

I'll stick with he's a tool .

I think he has a case to be made for getting his nose fixed. I mean he clearly busted it playing for Roosters? Or was is Parramatta? Either way he could argue that it was directly caused by the game he played.

But yes he's a tool.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6