2021 Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven’t even read other posts in this thread yet so I’m not sure if people are feeling the same way as me, but I’ve had to come back from my cricket-season-Silvertails-hiatus to make a comment on this.

Firstly, I really don’t understand why Manly can’t sell their memberships as normal seeing as though grounds are back to 100% capacity. But what I cannot believe most is the price escalation for Manly memberships in 2021. I totally understand that the club is operating at a limited capacity seating wise next year with the family hill renovations, and that may cause prices to rise. However our total ticketed membership has DOUBLED for season 2021. We have 8 memberships in my family, all of us have been members since the program was established, my grandparents have been going to the footy for 60 years, and this is my 20th year as a member despite only turning 21 a couple of weeks ago. Loyalty is never an issue. But when the total of the 8 memberships in our usual grand stand goes from $2,900 in 2020, to $4,590 in 2021.
I know that we can save money by getting hill memberships for next year, but my biggest concern is for my grandparents. They’re both pensioners, and paying double last year’s cost is just not viable for them, especially after they pledged the entirety of their 2020 memberships to the club. My Pop will be 81 next year and my Nan will be 79. Both of them cannot sit on the hill with no back support on the chairs, or struggling to get back up off the ground. That’s why our grand stand is so great, ours is the only one with a lift, which helps my Pop who has had multiple hip replacements and has breathing problems. The Fulton Menzies stand is another cheaper option, but again he won’t be able to walk up those stairs every week.
I have so many cherished memories at the footy, especially Brookie, with my family - three generations going every week, travelling to Canberra, Albury, Brisbane, New Zealand - you name it, we’re there. It really does sadden me that both financially and practically season 2021 is going to look a lot different to what we’re use to. No one’s getting younger, and it’s not going to feel the same without them there next year.

I haven’t even read other posts in this thread yet so I’m not sure if people are feeling the same way as me, but I’ve had to come back from my cricket-season-Silvertails-hiatus to make a comment on this.

Firstly, I really don’t understand why Manly can’t sell their memberships as normal seeing as though grounds are back to 100% capacity. But what I cannot believe most is the price escalation for Manly memberships in 2021. I totally understand that the club is operating at a limited capacity seating wise next year with the family hill renovations, and that may cause prices to rise. However our total ticketed membership has DOUBLED for season 2021. We have 8 memberships in my family, all of us have been members since the program was established, my grandparents have been going to the footy for 60 years, and this is my 20th year as a member despite only turning 21 a couple of weeks ago. Loyalty is never an issue. But when the total of the 8 memberships in our usual grand stand goes from $2,900 in 2020, to $4,590 in 2021.
I know that we can save money by getting hill memberships for next year, but my biggest concern is for my grandparents. They’re both pensioners, and paying double last year’s cost is just not viable for them, especially after they pledged the entirety of their 2020 memberships to the club. My Pop will be 81 next year and my Nan will be 79. Both of them cannot sit on the hill with no back support on the chairs, or struggling to get back up off the ground. That’s why our grand stand is so great, ours is the only one with a lift, which helps my Pop who has had multiple hip replacements and has breathing problems. The Fulton Menzies stand is another cheaper option, but again he won’t be able to walk up those stairs every week.
I have so many cherished memories at the footy, especially Brookie, with my family - three generations going every week, travelling to Canberra, Albury, Brisbane, New Zealand - you name it, we’re there. It really does sadden me that both financially and practically season 2021 is going to look a lot different to what we’re use to. No one’s getting younger, and it’s not going to feel the same without them there next year.

Not to mention in nearly doubling the price, you also get 1 less home game and don't even get your usual seat.

Members email

On behalf of all of us at the Sea Eagles, thank you for your wonderful support of the Club and your recent decision to become a Sea Eagles 75 Member for the 2021 season.

Within only a month or so of establishing the 2021 model, I’m pleased to say that today we surpassed 9000 Sea Eagles 75 Members. This is very encouraging and whilst we have a long way to go, we are currently ahead of our expectations and the run rates of previous years.

Becoming and remaining a Sea Eagles Member is the best way to show your support of the Club. I really want you to know just how critical your membership is in strengthening the Club’s financial capabilities and underpinning the significant investments we need to make in ensuring your team is professionally prepared for the challenges of a fiercely competitive NRL competition.

I also wanted to provide you with some important information regarding your Sea Eagles 75 membership, expected capacity constraints at Lottoland next year and the impact of the recently announced easing of some COVID-19 crowd restrictions. I’ll also take the opportunity to update you on home game ticket access and pricing.

As you know, we made the difficult decision to alter our membership model for the 2021 NRL Season in light of the known and expected capacity restrictions at Lottoland. We know that the greater Northern Hill area, including the Northern end of the Eastern Hill, will be unavailable for the entire year due to the construction of the new Grandstand and Centre of Excellence. We also anticipated the continuation of some COVID-19 related restrictions, further reducing our capacity and putting serious negative pressure on our game day economics. For planning purposes, we assumed a total reduction in available capacity at the venue of between 40-60%.

In terms of COVID-19 restrictions, I was buoyed by the recent news from the NSW Government that some of these were being eased from 7 December 2020.

The official updated NSW Health guidelines are now that the maximum number of people allowed at an outdoor major recreation facility is the greater of:

• the total of 100% of the fixed seating capacity of the facility and one person per 2 square metres of any unfixed seating areas and
  • one person per 2 square metres of space in the facility.

Should these guidelines remain in place next year, the reduction in the Lottoland capacity will be at the upper end of our planning assumption range - approximately 60%. This may come as a surprise to some of you but the fact is that less than 30% of our normal capacity is in the form of fixed seating. Lottoland, therefore, is heavily impacted by the restrictions to our grass hill and concourse areas in addition to the complete loss of the greater Northern Hill.

One of the great benefits of your special Sea Eagles 75 membership is priority access to home game tickets. This is particularly beneficial given the expected strong demand for tickets and the significant capacity constraints.

We recently opened the first Early Bird ticket window for Sea Eagles 75 Members following feedback from many Members who were desperate to secure their seats for the opening games of the new season. I’m pleased to say that the response was extremely enthusiastic with the few thousand tickets made available for our Rounds 2 and 4 games selling out in a matter of hours. I’d like to thank all Members who took this opportunity to lock in their attendance at the opening games. Your presence and loud voice will give our boys a real lift in what shapes as a very tough opening period of the 2021 NRL Season. We will communicate our plans for future Sea Eagles 75 Members ticket access opportunities in the new year.

The pricing of the tickets made available in the first access window drew some understandable comment and concern. Many made comparisons to the estimated cost of tickets included in previously available membership packages. The reality is that whilst the ticket pricing for our Rounds 2 and 4 fixtures offered in the first Members access window were lower than casual (non-member) ticket prices in recent years, they were considerably higher on a game by game basis relative to previous Member packages. This additional cost of game attendance at Lottoland is most regrettable but unfortunately it is necessary in light of the economic impact of heavily reduced capacity at the venue.

I make the following comments and commitments to you regarding 2021 ticket access and pricing;

• Our no. 1 objective will always be to provide safe and compliant venues for all 2021 home fixtures
  • We will be agile and flexible with ticket pricing in responding to any restrictions that may be eased or introduced. We will ensure that Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket pricing is always as affordable as is possible
  • Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket prices will always reflect a minimum discount of 20% to any publicly available tickets
  • The Club has reached an agreement with our ticketing partner, Ticketmaster, to entirely waive the standard transaction fee on any 2021 home game ticket purchases by Sea Eagles 75 Members. Assuming that you purchase a ticket or tickets to each of the 9 Lottoland fixtures in 2021 this represents a total saving in fees of $65.25. For reference, non-members will pay the standard transaction fee of $7.25 for any and all ticket purchases
  • Despite the capacity constraints at Lottoland, we will maintain family friendly zones for Sea Eagles 75 Family Members in both the Fulton-Menzies Stand and on the Eastern Hill at heavily discounted prices

Thanks again for your tremendous support. Your membership makes a substantive and very positive difference to the Club and its investment in your team’s success.

In closing, and on behalf of everyone at the Sea Eagles, I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a 2021 full of good health, happiness and glorious victories.

Go Manly!!!!

Stephen Humphreys

CEO

wth man...?

Ok, only read that if you're a member!

lol

The pricing for “other games “ needs to be known before people blow a poofer valve.

If the prices remain the same for all games then yes complain loudly but if there are some lower prices coming for other games then who knows it may even out.

Not sure if this is a fair comment or not , if these are the prices for every game then yes I can see why people have the issues they do.

Honestly! Giving this weak excuse that the club needs the money so we are forced to put up the prices. I don't think they understand that family's and members like the Kasmar's have pledged and given them over $2000 for a couple of games last year. That seems to be completely lost on them.

I said it already that If they are struggling financially it is purely through their own shambolic business management, lack of innovation, value for money and poor customer relations. This is just the latest in a long line of dumb Penn business strategies when it comes to the club. There is a distinct lack of true business acumen at the ownership level at the club. If you listen to Rick Penn's club business podcast, it will tell you he basically fell into lucky business outcomes for most of his business career and probably through access to money and privilege, Scott then just got gifted the farm. It explains why we churn through CEO’s like they are casual waiting staff, after they obviously realise that they can't change their business mentality. Lyall Gorman seemed to know how to drag the Penn's into a smarter decisions and get results but it looks like Humphries either believes his own crap or he just wants to keep the Penn's happy. Either way 2021 is going to be financially crippling for the club because people will vote with their feet and although we are all loyal members to the club, not everyone is and I feel the fringe members will abandon the club and will be very hard for the club to get them back. Looks like any losses will be blamed on Covid when in actual fact it is poor management. The fact that Humphries is mentioning they have hit 9000 members and had a great take up for the 1500 tickets on sale is laughable, when memberships are really down on this time last year. Once again Manly fans are forced into being labelled whiners because we constantly have to fight with the club for simple basics that other clubs manage to achieve easily.

Sometimes I think the Penn's are negative gearing the club for tax purposes so they don’t want growth or profit.

Last edited:
Honestly! Giving this weak excuse that the club needs the money so we are forced to put up the prices. I don't think they understand that family's and members like the Kasmar's have pledged and given them over $2000 for a couple of games last year. That seems to be completely lost on them.

I said it already that If they are struggling financially it is purely through their own shambolic business management, lack of innovation, value for money and poor customer relations. This is just the latest in a long line of dumb Penn business strategies when it comes to the club. There is a distinct lack of true business acumen at the ownership level at the club. If you listen to Rick Penn's club business podcast, it will tell you he basically fell into lucky business outcomes for most of his business career and probably through access to money and privilege, Scott then just got gifted the farm. It explains why we churn through CEO’s like they are casual waiting staff, after they obviously realise that they can't change their business mentality. Lyall Gorman seemed to know how to drag the Penn's into a smarter decisions and get results but it looks like Humphries either believes his own crap or he just wants to keep the Penn's happy. Either way 2021 is going to be financially crippling for the club because people will vote with their feet and although we are all loyal members to the club, not everyone is and I feel the fringe members will abandon the club and will be very hard for the club to get them back. Looks like any losses will be blamed on Covid when in actual fact it is poor management. The fact that Humphries is mentioning they have hit 9000 members and had a great take up for the 1500 tickets on sale is laughable, when memberships are really down on this time last year. Once again Manly fans are forced into being labelled whiners because we constantly have to fight with the club for simple basics that other clubs manage to achieve easily.

Sometimes I think the Penn's are negative gearing the club for tax purposes so they don’t want growth or profit.
If the Penns are struggling for money there is a simple solution: sell the club. It's what every business and family would have to do if they needed a cash injection -- sell an asset.

The pricing for “other games “ needs to be known before people blow a poofer valve.

If the prices remain the same for all games then yes complain loudly but if there are some lower prices coming for other games then who knows it may even out.

Not sure if this is a fair comment or not , if these are the prices for every game then yes I can see why people have the issues they do.

feels like I haven’t blown my poofer valve in a while.

maybe #nextweek

I thought you’d made a mistake but no it’s now $100.

Attachments

• 98CFD428-1C5A-4848-90D6-FD45C4842964.png
    98CFD428-1C5A-4848-90D6-FD45C4842964.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 4
I thought you’d made a mistake but no it’s now $100.
I thought so too. Wow! So people were upset about higher prices and they raise the initial price? Do we even have a marketing/PR department?

Happy Healthy new year feathered friend
Let me show you life from a positive and passionate perspective ....

Your quote of our owners weak excuse of the impact covid had on our game is astonishing

News headlines like these did not come from Dr. Seuss fairy tail books

NRL plunged into 'financial crisis' as season is suspended in response to Covid-19​

The Penn is mightier than your sword of complete Nonsence and Negativity

Over the years sponsors and part owners have pulled the plug from NRL clubs and the game and invested in more lucrative markets but Penn is still with us and we are rebuilding and on coarse for another premiership this decade
In these tough economic times many mediocre business people have gone Broke but Penn has proven that he is not one of them and unlike some supporters like you I have never heard him whinge .He keeps on Soldiering on !

The moral of the story ...
The Whingers will always whinge and will always feel unrest
and the Passionate and Grateful supporters will always feel Blessed
Let us all look at the Big picture and be grateful that we have club to support in the NRL
Because I can tell you for a fact I have friends that are Bears supporters that would
give anything to be in our clubs standing in the NRL

Have a great day and look at the glass half full and stop whinging and start to smell the roses and feel good and grateful for all the things that you have in your life

$100 for 75 years of blood sweat and tears is bloody good value for money
52d72ed5cf920dc7e79906eda6da08ac.jpg

If the NRL has been "plunged into financial crisis" it's because players and coaches are being overpaid. Clubs and the NRL should not expect fans to bail them out.
For example: Does Brisbane really need to pay Darius hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a "back's coach"?
Are players really worth $1m+ a season?

If the NRL has been "plunged into financial crisis" it's because players and coaches are being overpaid. Clubs and the NRL should not expect fans to bail them out.
For example: Does Brisbane really need to pay Darius hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a "back's coach"?
Are players really worth $1m+ a season?

The money paid is all linked to the TV broadcast $$$, I wonder if this mightn’t be wound back in the years to come ?

Only 1 of my 2 membership packs has turned up. As anyone else had long delays between packs arriving??

I've been a vocal critic of the 2021 membership and ticket pricing.

At the recent football club AGM , I asked direct questions to Stephen Humphries, the clubs CEO as to why people are being asked to pay nearly double the price for tickets? It had left me bewildered as to why prices are so high, especially during these pandemic times?

He explained the current situation. Brookvale oval capacity capped at 11k due to the centre of excellence being built means less spectators means less match day revenue.

He specifically said that 2022 membership would revert back to the 2020 model with inflation rises.

I said to him if its a money issue, why won't the club allow season ticket holders to purchase a membership for the 9 games at Brooky upfront? He said the concern was that they don't know if covid will interfere with crowd numbers.

He mentioned that the club is run on a shoestring budget and over the last year jobkeeper has kept the club alive

It was interesting listening to this.

For this season ive decided to see probably 5 games at Brooky and the game in Gosford as home games and some away games in Sydney where we 4 games that are time and location friendly for me .

For me next season will be a test of the CEO's word about pricing and also keep in mind that if Brooky gets the approval to upgrade we will not be playing there while its being done .

I don't like the prices for this year, I however accept that for this season its necessary and if Brooky is allowed to have full capacity later this year that the club is flexible and fair to the fans and members who want to see live footy!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4