2021 Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How is it that the Knights can offer a $5 membership and Manly can’t? Or won’t.
I don’t think there is much of a revenue margin in $5. In fact in would run at loss for the time taken to produce, deliver etc.

We run on a very Tight budget - the club can’t afford to have more loss making ventures, particularly when revenue will still be taking a massive hit from TV grant reduction, massive reduction in ticket, corporate and merchandise sales etc.

Understand that Wheel - but it’s not hard to offer other options - some that reduce the unwanted stuff and purely are there for a contribution to the club.

It doesn’t have to be $5. Whatever the number is - just don’t include the crap people don’t want.

The club seems set in its ways (a lot like your response) and should be looking at new ways to attract more members.

Eg - 500 members at $50 each is better than 250 members at $85... in relation to excluding the trinkets etc.

Totally agree I just spoke to someone in the membership dept, MWSE are the only club going with this type of model (I have been comparing it to other clubs and so far we are the most expensive by far using this model providing you go to a lot of home games)
They will be putting up base prices on the FAQ this afternoon but said base price for adult tickets is around $30.00.

I know they are saying less room re construction but I also noticed the last 2 games they offered additional tickets for sale.

After pledging last year I am disappointed with this new model.

I just rang the Manly membership team to renew my club membership for 2021 and spoke to the very charming and enthusiastic Ms Lee and was told 2021 memberships are available on Monday 9th November

We all want a great positive start to the 2021 Manly Sea eagles season and all of us fans can proudly contribute to a great start and a great season by ringing our membership team on Monday and become a club member and also assist our club becoming a dominant force in the NRL

Come on Manly fans Lets lead by example and raise the bar and our club to greater heights in 2021 !!!
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

We won’t crack 10,000 members under this new system. Already have friends voicing their unhappiness about it. Seeing as there’s no family membership I’ll be reducing my 5 memberships (4 under family) down to 2.

Silvertailers

All 2020 members will start receiving or will have received an email about the new 2021 packages.

Due to ongoing crowd restrictions expected next year, there is a major change to packages for 2021 only.

Take time to watched the video where our great Beaver takes you through the options etc.

Happy to answer questions or take any feedback to the club.

TW
What's the kids rate?

Also vid was a bit waffley. Don't know if Beav needed that many location changes.

I think the one off fee for a hat and access to tickets would be fair if the cost was closer to $30. Not $75 and then regular pricing to attend a game after that. After many of us pledged this year - it's a pretty disgraceful money grab.

Also vid was a bit waffley. Don't know if Beav needed that many location changes.
He could only memorize one sentence at a time, thus they were a series of short takes which the 'director' believed would seem more interesting if it had different backgrounds.

Only 2 ticket windows for purchasing tickets, doesn’t sound too flexible. Do you think this will be relaxed @The Wheel so there will be more ticket windows during the season?

I just looked at the details updated on the FAQ, if I wanted to and was able to go to 10 home games, it would be more than double what I paid this year, even at the cheaper end of the scale they listed. I understand the club will have reduced crowds but the prices doubling seems excessive.

I just looked at the details updated on the FAQ, if I wanted to and was able to go to 10 home games, it would be more than double what I paid this year, even at the cheaper end of the scale they listed. I understand the club will have reduced crowds but the prices doubling seems excessive.

It does say those prices are based on historical pricing so hopefully they change once the draw is out and prices are 100% set in stone.

However IMO for pricing, surely you can't go any higher than the following for members who've already paid $75:

$20 for GA, $30 for FM Stand/Concourse and $40 for Jane Try/KA Stand.

Only 2 ticket windows for purchasing tickets, doesn’t sound too flexible. Do you think this will be relaxed @The Wheel so there will be more ticket windows during the season?

Asked the club about this and they are hoping to release a few games at a time and not necessarily all at once.

LOCATIONADULTCONCESSIONJUNIORFAMILY
JANE TRY / KA $60 - $75$50 - $60$45 - $65$150 - $165
FULTON-MENZIES / WESTERN CONCOURSE$45 - $55$40 - $50$20 - $30$110 - $120
GENERAL ADMISSION$30 - $40$25 - $35$15$75 - $90

so if I personally pay for my normal seating area of FM stand for 10 games
45*10 =$450
450*2=$900
900+ 150 ( membership fees)
= $1050

compared to this year double adult membership same area
$450 this year

I get the club has limited seats but this will turn away a lot of people

Yes there will be from how it was explained. I will try and summarize How I understood it but any concerns drop an email to club as their proposal was still being developed when they went thru it at the council meeting ;

Initial booking will be open for members - this is aimed at members who like certain seats etc eg Jane Try season tix holders, or people who travel and need to book accommodation etc.

You won’t be able to books seats but certain bays. This will be done over two windows for a group of games (first half of year, then 2nd half of year).

Before each game the sales will open up again to members only. If any tickets are still remaining a few days before the game they will go on sale to general public.

Estimated capacity at Lottoland will be approximately 6k - so tickets will be at a premium

Another interesting piece of data is that less than half of season ticket holders actually attend on game days.

Therefore a big proportion of members only utilize their tix between 40% to 70% of the season (This is my stat not clubs) therefore they come out basically close to even under the new model.

I get the die hards (like a lot on here and also myself) go every home game And they will be worse off. There is some supply/demand in the pricing but also there is a lot of financial imperative for the club to pursue this new model.

Another interesting piece of data is that less than half of season ticket holders actually attend on game days.

Therefore a big proportion of members only utilize their tix between 40% to 70% of the season (This is my stat not clubs) therefore they come out basically close to even under the new model.

I get the die hards (like a lot on here and also myself) go every home game And they will be worse off. There is some supply/demand in the pricing but also there is a lot of financial imperative for the club to pursue this new model.
I agree with this @The Wheel that the club has to make basically close to break even from this model and with limited seating they really have no choice and have to go down this model but as you said for people like myself who will try to go to every home game I will be considerably worse off which for a long time member just doesn’t sit right with me.

Again also with this model trying to attract new members is going to be very hard if we compare other options from other clubs in 2021.

I hope this model brings us many more new members but I have my doubt.

interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
I agree with this @The Wheel that the club has to make basically close to break even from this model and with limited seating they really have no choice and have to go down this model but as you said for people like myself who will to go to every home game I will be considerably worse off which for a long time member just doesn’t sit right with me.

Again also with this model trying to attract new members is going to be very hard if we compare other options from other clubs in 2021.

I hope this model brings us many more new members but I have my doubt.

interesting times ahead.
Look on the bright side it will be back to normal in 2022 - well hopefully anyway.

Can I just say the financial aspects and the need to keep the club financially viable was a strong driver in moving to this model for one year only - as I said previously corporate sales down, tix revenue down, merchandise sales down due COVID restrictions plus let’s face it a **** year on the field has the club under the pump massively.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7