2020 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
Screenshot_20200813-081637_Samsung Internet.jpg

But...but...SBW's back at the rorters. That makes everything wonderful and Scam Smith might get a fairytale send off. And a lovely, skinny old man escaped from his Brisbane nursing home and is now coaching the bunnies. It's lovely.
And, Six again! Six again!, aren't the blowout score lines so exciting.
Faaarrk.
Get me outta here.
Go Manly, 2021!

if we are in this same position next year of missing out on finals footy this club will really be in a worse position than now.

Yep, bummer of a season but we got a glimpse of our future with Funa getting a regular start this season & Hoppa & Schuster debuting & Paseka developing nicely.

Hopefully Des starts AFB, Paseka, Olakau'tu, Funa, Hoppa & Schuster from round 1 next season & Tommy manages to play a full season uninjured.

Cust at #14, Marty, Keppie & Jetski on the bench.

We'll give it a good shake next season.

Up to round 6 we were right in this premiership, knocking over the Rorters and Raiders and also would have been the Whinging worms if not for an errant linesman!

Once we lost Tom and Dylan for basically the next 13 games we could not cover these enormous gaps and we got hammered by injuries to other members of our back line and our depth got horribly exposed. The coaching staff also played it safe for far too long and those 6 losses straight put paid to any finals campaign.

For me the obvious problem is our big problem at hooker. We signed a makeshift one in Levi and he is at best average and we got no value from our bench utility in Croker. That meant far too much pressure on DCE and our other halves and we spend the bulk of this season on the back foot constantly losing the field position battle and dammingly the lack of tries scored from kicks. I think 8 over the whole season so far and we have conceded nearly triple the amount!

The bright side is some of our younger players have some games behind them. The emergence of Funa, Harper, Hoppa, Schuster and the improvement in Paseka and Keppie gives us real hope for next year.

Up to round 6 we were right in this premiership, knocking over the Rorters and Raiders and also would have been the Whinging worms if not for an errant linesman!

Once we lost Tom and Dylan for basically the next 13 games we could not cover these enormous gaps and we got hammered by injuries to other members of our back line and our depth got horribly exposed. The coaching staff also played it safe for far too long and those 6 losses straight put paid to any finals campaign.

For me the obvious problem is our big problem at hooker. We signed a makeshift one in Levi and he is at best average and we got no value from our bench utility in Croker. That meant far too much pressure on DCE and our other halves and we spend the bulk of this season on the back foot constantly losing the field position battle and dammingly the lack of tries scored from kicks. I think 8 over the whole season so far and we have conceded nearly triple the amount!

The bright side is some of our younger players have some games behind them. The emergence of Funa, Harper, Hoppa, Schuster and the improvement in Paseka and Keppie gives us real hope for next year.
Terrific summation of season 2020!!!

All good points mate.

Now if the law of averages can come into play and we have a good run with injuries next year, anything is possible.

We have to stop signing people for the sake of it though. Croker is just ineffectual. We need Levi because of Fainu's suspension but we need someone to be our principle 9. Danny's not it. Too many poor decisions even though he's a tough bugger.

If you look at the Rorters, they don't carry anyone who you think "what a dud." If only we had their sombrero.

Tough season on many levels. We will be back bigger and better in 2021. I'm glad we finally broke our ANZ Stadium hoo doo!

Still all in all a very disappointing season... I had high hopes of the team... If we had kept Api & let the other guy go it would have been the difference in a few of the games - we would have made the finals. Alas... That's footy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4