Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.1%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 48 33.3%

• Total voters

Batty

Yes. Why he let Cook go to Souffs is astounding.
I think if you compared Dessies lost diamonds vs his rocks to diamonds stories it would be a tale of overwhelming coaching success.

Ps - the year Cook was released they made the semis. The year after cook was released they made the qualifying finals.
Perhaps at that point in time, Des thought he had the squad to go all the way.... who knows.

Last edited:

robbiea

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
I think if you compared Desies lost diamonds vs his rocks to diamonds stories it would be a of overwhelming coaching success.

Ps - the year Cook was released they made the semis. The year after cook was released they made the qualifying finals.
Perhaps in that point in time, Des thought he had the squad to go all the way.... who knows.
And sometimes getting rid of one key player (ala Gifty) a whole team can fall to pieces.
We cant expect to even be remotely close to what the full picture was at that club at that time,way too many fundamentals.

winnyason

While this fills 9 we gonna miss fainu. Quick darts and scoop pick ups.
Levi has potential have mate who knights fan said his defence is not nrl standard.

madmax

Levi has potential have mate who knights fan said his defence is not nrl standard.
Ummmmm defence looked ok to me from
the games I’ve seen him play over the past few years! Better than plenty of other 1st graders!

Kevinward777

Looking forward to seeing how he goes after a pre-season with Des, Donny, Matt and Monna’s. Passes well left and right (in his YouTube highlights at least)

Has some pace, and I think we will see him running more through the ruck than he did at the Knights. Hopefully Ipape kicks on and we can see him work in tandem with Danny. In any case, we are looking much better in the hooker department than we were a few weeks back.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we will see him running more through the ruck than he did at the Knights
I'll be very surprised if Des doesn't have him focussing almost entirely on smart service to our halves and forwards, at least for the first couple of months (and on defence of course). But he has some speed, so eventually he can become a running threat, provided he first measures up OK in the dummy half fundamentals.

pt73

Was any of their defence NRL standard last year ?

For a few games at the end of season Ponga and others looked like they weren't even trying to tackle opposition players.

winnyason

Was any of their defence NRL standard last year ?

For a few games at the end of season Ponga and others looked like they weren't even trying to tackle opposition players.
Yeah I don't see hype in the roster either, outside ponga and klemmer.

rmd

Premium Member
Clearly Fainu is out for a long while, whether it be due to his court case or his shoulder infection/injury.

We need an experienced 9.

We historically have made 9's out of Toovey and Monaghan, but, they were really experienced First Grader's when they moved to 9, whereas Cust and Croker are not. Potentially Cust and Croker are reasonable options, but they are not yet established first graders and so it's a massive risk.

If I was Des, I'd be saying to Croker and Cust "I respect you as a player, but this position is not your natural position. By putting you in this position that you are not used to, you could impact on the team's performance and neither, you, the team or I would want that to happen. It's unfair to everyone, but especially you and I don't want that happen, as you have significant talent in your own position and you will get your opportunity to participate, where you play best, for the benefit of the team and you."

I pity poor Levi under Donny, as I bet he is in for a huge shock.

The only thing I worry about is that if Des perceives Levi has a defensive issue, he may end up with a shoulder injury pre-season.

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
I doubt it.. hey do you have access to daily telegraph article
I don’t know mate. For ages it wouldn’t let me do it, and I relied on GE, Happily Manly, and another poster who’s name I can’t recall. If I quote stuff from the DT I’ll make sure I put up the link for you.

pt73

Yeah I don't see hype in the roster either, outside ponga and klemmer.
Me neither, Ponga goes missing too often and Klemmer spends to much time mouthing off at opponents.

Apart from those two and Pearce the rest are good first graders, nothing more.

winnyason

Me neither, Ponga goes missing too often and Klemmer spends to much time mouthing off at opponents.

Apart from those two and Pearce the rest are good first graders, nothing more.
Klemmer go no off load in him,roosters discards like Guerra and Watson are tripe. Saifiti bros are okay but johns hype does not much reality.

Technical Coach

There are lots of things I'm sort of alright at that I don't log in to forums pretending to have credentials in
Where have i stated my "credentials", ahhhh my nick riiiighhhhht.

Credentials or no credentials, shyte analysis is shyte analysis.

pt73

Klemmer go no off load in him,roosters discards like Guerra and Watson are tripe. Saifiti bros are okay but johns hype does not much reality.
They’ve paid overs for average players, must have hired someone from the Titans as their list manager.

Latest posts

Top Bottom