2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We are seriously probably if we are honest with ourselves a few years away from being a genuine threat, we are so far behind so many other clubs.

We may make the bottom of the 8 next year but we go out like Cronulla early.

2022 think is where we truly start to move up the ladder.
Very much depends on what the top 4-6 do to be honest.

I’m pretty despondent about the game these days it’s just so much of a “ the haves “ & the “ have nots “ and whoever are the latest favourites that the NRL will get the best TV ratings out of rather than a competition between 16 clubs with an equal playing field.

You really only have to look at the GF winners the last decade to see this with the Sharks the odd one out ( and funny how they were squeaky clean just the one year ).

Hopefully the Panthers will break up the cartel this year.

So in relation to us improving I really only see minor improvement in the next few years , maybe 9th -10th if injuries cut us down again and perhaps 7th-8th if we get a good run.

Very much depends on what the top 4-6 do to be honest.

I’m pretty despondent about the game these days it’s just so much of a “ the haves “ & the “ have nots “ and whoever are the latest favourites that the NRL will get the best TV ratings out of rather than a competition between 16 clubs with an equal playing field.

You really only have to look at the GF winners the last decade to see this with the Sharks the odd one out ( and funny how they were squeaky clean just the one year ).

Hopefully the Panthers will break up the cartel this year.

So in relation to us improving I really only see minor improvement in the next few years , maybe 9th -10th if injuries cut us down again and perhaps 7th-8th if we get a good run.
Agree
you can tell we are not going to get any favours from the nrl.
we will have to win it on our own as a club.

The old top 8 system was fairer to the top 4. This one doesn’t give 2 of them home finals, and seems to give the winners from the bottom 4 more momentum.

We are seriously probably if we are honest with ourselves a few years away from being a genuine threat, we are so far behind so many other clubs.

I thought we were a good chance this year after last year, I thought we would sneak into the top 4.

After this season I can't see us being a real threat for a few years, as long as we win the comp by 2029, not get the spoon to keep our record up of a premiership every decade.

Yeah they have Nico Hynes. Ex Manly player. Fuked recruitment is our problem. We let Ramien go and sign Garrick, Suli.

Letting go some of our best players from that 2015 Holden Cup squad was a mistake.

But as for Hynes, he has played all of 10 NRL games in his career since that Holden Cup campaign 5 years ago.

Surely he would have played more by now if several clubs thought he was going to be an above average NRL player?

Letting go some of our best players from that 2015 Holden Cup squad was a mistake.

But as for Hynes, he has played all of 10 NRL games in his career since that Holden Cup campaign 5 years ago.

Surely he would have played more by now if several clubs thought he was going to be an above average NRL player?
He is very good, just needed time

So all 3 games so far the team who jumped out early to a 2 try lead got run down and lost. One could say they started too fast and run out of energy. I heard a commentator describe the finals so far as like a roller coaster. Yeah well roller coaster run on tracks and are guided all the way. Just like referees engineering set restarts to keep The games close and "entertaining ". Like WWF the nrl has become "sports entertainment " engineered to entertain.

So all 3 games so far the team who jumped out early to a 2 try lead got run down and lost. One could say they started too fast and run out of energy. I heard a commentator describe the finals so far as like a roller coaster. Yeah well roller coaster run on tracks and are guided all the way. Just like referees engineering set restarts to keep The games close and "entertaining ". Like WWF the nrl has become "sports entertainment " engineered to entertain.
Yep, all about making it more entertaining for all age groups and rating better on TV.

The point is that if we kept Hynes in our top 30 or reserve grade for 5 years until he came good, the same people who are now saying we should have kept him, would probably have been saying he was a waste of cap space.
Also he may not have developed if he didn't take that journey.
I see so many of the top players right now didn't make their mark at NRL level until aged around 24, such as Naden, Justin Olam, Jahrome Hughes, Sivo, the list goes on
It's tempting to hope each talented 19 year old will solve the teams problems but its rarely the case.

Perhaps we should just go all the way. Let's turn NRL into the rugby league version of WWE; write dramatic scripts and ever evolving storylines...

Manly would be marketed brilliantly as a heel, and sometimes a redemption story where they come good as an underdog to knock off the big boys. There are the rich arrogant privileged clubs who cheat and gain all advantages. They hold all the money and power and even infiltrate and control the NRL administration... oh wait.

That early Captain's Challenge was pretty risky, a less generous video ref may have ruled that as a strip.

Rabbitohs will probably hit back when they complete some sets.

Can't see the Knights staying in this game. Had a great start but Souths are just going to pick apart their outside backs all day. Funny, the knight's outside backs defence reminds me of Manly @:D @:cry:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8