2019 Supercoach Cash Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[QUOTE="Chip and Chase, post:
Some close games this week, including one decided by one point.

Yes, I am the loser in that match up. Given the sheer number of actions across all teams and players that go to making up a score, the odds of two head to head players who are matched against each other being separated by one point, I think would be very high.

I can’t take a trick in this!
Week 1 - AFB and Lodge get suspended.
Week 2 - Taumololo gets injured medium term. Trade Big JT.
Week 3 - Moylan gets injured medium term and my cover is rubbish. Trade 2 players for Turbo.
Week 4 -Turbo gets injured medium term and my cover is still rubbish.
I now am going to have to trade Turbo and will probably trade Isaako I think - the latter has been woeful! Already down to 30 trades...

A Manly like start for me 0 and 2 this season. Some close games this week, including one decided by one point.

@swoop just missed lucky door prize scoring 1094. Will take some beating - someone will have to get 1093 on the dot

I think I played you this week cnc, and you should have beaten me easily (especially as my last 2 players were injured with scores of 10 and 24).
I lost 3 of my halves in 1 week, plus a centre and im still holding JT. DNP is my most popular player lol.

If I can give any advice (and really I probably cant), I would suggest to all to stay away from last minute captain changes unless you "know" something!!!!

Your original captain I saw on Friday/Saturday would have got you across the line for the 2 points easily.

I think I played you this week cnc, and you should have beaten me easily (especially as my last 2 players were injured with scores of 10 and 24).
I lost 3 of my halves in 1 week, plus a centre and im still holding JT. DNP is my most popular player lol.

If I can give any advice (and really I probably cant), I would suggest to all to stay away from last minute captain changes unless you "know" something!!!!

Your original captain I saw on Friday/Saturday would have got you across the line for the 2 points easily.
I think I had Jake as my Captain originally but that was just a hangover from the week before. I wasn't confident that he would go large against Bunnies pack, so opted for Bateman given that the Cowboys are struggling and he has had a good start to the season. Jake still wouldn't have got me across the line, I needed someone scoring in the 80's as skipper. Anyway it's funny how injuries work out, you lost Napa, but if Woods doesn't get injured then Fifita probably plays less minutes and doesn't go big for you as skipper. This league will be close most weeks as bulk of players know their stuff, and Captain choice is going to decide a lot of games. I try and pick my skipper on matchups from a group of 3 or 4 guns

I think I had Jake as my Captain originally but that was just a hangover from the week before. I wasn't confident that he would go large against Bunnies pack, so opted for Bateman given that the Cowboys are struggling and he has had a good start to the season. Jake still wouldn't have got me across the line, I needed someone scoring in the 80's as skipper. Anyway it's funny how injuries work out, you lost Napa, but if Woods doesn't get injured then Fifita probably plays less minutes and doesn't go big for you as skipper. This league will be close most weeks as bulk of players know their stuff, and Captain choice is going to decide a lot of games. I try and pick my skipper on matchups from a group of 3 or 4 guns

Yeah true the woods injury was a bonus, but I didn't even realise he was injured as the football is verboten unless its Manly by the Gestapo.

I do look at VC options on Thursday then decide a captain and past history tells me not to change it unless its pouring rain or injuries. I have duded myself more times than I can remember.

But this year will be a lot harder - a lot of good players in our comp !!!!!

5 rounds down and we are a quarter of the way through the SC comp. We have 3 undefeated teams on top and as expected most games each week are tightly contested affairs. I've struggled with my front row and hooker positions, and a few PODS I thought might do it for me haven't fired (Connor Watson I'm looking at you, and I'm still carrying bloody Gillett). Chewing through more trades than I had hoped but team is starting to look a bit better. Have to bite the bullet and spend some money on a hooker - Hodgson has been a massive bust for me. Hopefully I can string a couple of wins together over the coming weeks to try and sneak into the 8 before the bye rounds. Top 8 currently as follows

SC Top8 Rd7.JPG

The current highest team score award is being held by bozos boozers who opened the season with a cracking 1257 in the first round. There have been a couple of 1240's nipping at his heels so I suspect it may not last the season - generally a score in the 1300's takes the cash each year.

The lucky door prize - team score of 1093 - hasn't been hit dead on yet. Swoopers still the closest with 1094.

did anyone else notice kayln ponga's effort today?
at half time he was on 105 points, his total for the game was 114 & he played the full game.
must have had a sleep behind the posts after half time, only waking up to convert the tries scored!

How many trades does everyone have left? I have 20 before this round. Is that bad? Not sure if I should continue trading or hold back.

How many trades does everyone have left? I have 20 before this round. Is that bad? Not sure if I should continue trading or hold back.
I’ve got 21 left after this round but I don’t think I should be the yardstick Clint!

I'm in the top 2000 and have 17 left.

Depends if you are playing with a H2H focus or overall ranking

Glad I had the VC on AFB who went huge. 206 points will do me although Taumalolo may also go huge.
Good call - I think pretty much 95% of teams will have Lolo as Captain this week so I'd be looping that VC score. Looks like AFB's effort will get me over the line for a much needed league win this week too.

Good call - I think pretty much 95% of teams will have Lolo as Captain this week so I'd be looping that VC score. Looks like AFB's effort will get me over the line for a much needed league win this week too.

Hahaha .... oh SuperCoach gods ffs. The Tauminator goes huge.

Lolo delivered alright - he did the same last year - tonned uo in the bye round with 98% of players putting the C on him. If you had him and didn't skipper him you'd be kicking yourself

So we get a much needed break from the weekly mayhem that is SC trading and team selections as there are no games this weekend.

I've really struggled this year to get any sort of consistency going, have found it a tough SC season. Took a couple of gambles on a few players early on that didn't pay off, and I've been chasing my tail ever since (ironically two of those players have finally hit form and are going well - about 4 weeks too late for me).. So we get 5 trades to use over the bye weekend - I will need every one of them to be able to patch together any sort of team for Round 16 bye. Who is everyone targeting for teh run home ?? I desperately need a half so I think SJ will be on my radar

Top score so far this year has been a 1444 by our ladder topping Punishers, back in Round 9. Swoopers still the closest to the lucky door prize score of 1093 with one off at 1094

Our current top 8 is as follows

SCRD14.JPG

only two wins out of the 8 all the way down to position 16. Seven rounds left till SC finals so still plenty of footy to be played.

Only 4 rounds left before the semis. I'd say the top 3 are probably safe. Punishers have only dropped two games all season so they look like deserved minor premiers with a 2 game buffer over Kokubunji and Marauders. Then there are 9 sides separated by only 2 games vying for the last 5 top 8 spots. Can't afford to drop a game from here. How many trades has everyone got up their sleeves ?? injuries can be a killer at this time of the year. I've managed to get this far without Turbo, Cook and Teddy ever gracing my side.....now I'm nervous about not having them.

Top score is still 1444 by Punishers, which will take some beating. Swoopers are still closest to lucky door prize score of 1093 with 1094.

Top 12 on table as follows

SCRD17.JPG

Captain choices and non playing reserves are the make or break decisions as most sides have a core group of common players by this time of the year. Good luck to everyone this week, may the POD Gods be shining on you

It’s a tough comp. With the same team, I’m easily winning my public league and am just outside the top 1000 overall. But only 3rd here.
I have 9 trades left, but will use 4 over the next 2 rounds to nuff out and bring in 2 more guns. That’ll leave me 5 for the last couple of rounds and the finals (assuming I make it).
Good luck all, it’s been fun.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6