2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll be in Kununurra in WA for game 3, last of my civilisation time for 3 1/2 weeks that will follow.

Must remember that the game will be starting at 6pm local time.
I just looked it up... what are you doing out there? Seems to be middle of no where

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190701-183141_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190701-183141_Maps.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 12
I just looked it up... what are you doing out there? Seems to be middle of no where

We are heading across the Gibb River Road in our off road caravan AND heading up to Kulumburu ( if you want the middle of no where then this is even better) for some fishing at Honeymoon Bay!!

Mark's fishing tales aside.... (lol)

NSW team for Origin III
1 James Tedesco (Roosters)
2 Blake Ferguson (Eels)
3 Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
4 Jack Wighton (Raiders)
5 Josh Addo-Carr (Storm)
6 James Maloney (Panthers)
7 Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8 Daniel Saifiti (Knights)
9 Damien Cook (Rabbitohs)
10 Paul Vaughan (Dragons)
11 Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
12 Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
13 Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

14 Dale Finucane (Storm)
15 Tariq Sims (Dragons)
16 Cameron Murray (Rabbitohs)
17 Wade Graham (Sharks)
18 Clint Gutherson (Eels)

I'm surprised Klemmer doesn't come in for Saifiti. I get being loyal, but Klemmer was a starter in Game 1 and played better than Saifiti did in Game 2.

If Sims gets suspended Klemmer comes onto bench I presume ?? That may even be a better result. Finucane, Jurbo and Frizzer can all play big minutes so go with same option as game 2. So to have a bit more size on bench would be a plus.

Klemperer would be a better option than Safiti, but to his credit the coach has stuck with the team listed last time.

I expect that the NRL are extremely concerned by the poor performance of the Queensland club sides because that could equate to the fans starting to stay away and tuning out on Friday nights when the Broncos play the majority of their games. The QLD origin side getting flogged again in origin III could really have a negative impact on supporters north of the border. This is all really bad timing with the NRL looking to introduce an additional Queensland team into the competition.

I like Tariq Sims selection in the blues team for game 3 but not at the expense of Klemmer. Saifiti should be the one to make way for Klem but since the judiciary will decide Tariq’s fate and rub him out for 2-3 weeks, at least NSW can rotate 4 props.
Matt Prior took part in a successful game 2 win last year but wasn’t shown the same loyalty as Saifiti. Perhaps Freddy is looking to make amends after we lost game 3 as a result of personnel changes to a winning team.. who knows but go the Blues!!

Mark from Brisbane,

As someone previously posted, there's sugar produced in the Ord around Kununurra, now I'm not sure if you're a Rum drinker, but if you are, there's 2 distilleries in the area.

I've heard some good reports, so it might be worth trying, just so you can keep the chill off your bones during those frigid dry season nights, of course.

And watch out for the swamp dogs when you're fishing up that way; they'll hunt you if you use the same spot a few times and give you a very, very nasty nip.

I’ll be in Kununurra in WA for game 3, last of my civilisation time for 3 1/2 weeks that will follow.

Must remember that the game will be starting at 6pm local time.
Lucky man. Great country, Ord river, Lake Argyle, etc. I used to work near there in the 90’s, Lejune station, NT, out the Weaber plains Rd. I hear there’s a big prawn farm out there now.

Referees Gerard Sutton and Jared Maxwell have been retained for State of Origin III despite overseeing several blunders on the weekend. - foxsports.

Gotta love the "Sutton Cartel"

Referees Gerard Sutton and Jared Maxwell have been retained for State of Origin III despite overseeing several blunders on the weekend. - foxsports.

Gotta love the "Sutton Cartel"

What a joke it is!!

The Sutton family ( then Dad and all these sons) were refs in the old group 5 ( Moree to Tamworth area).

I remember them well, Dad was an absolute ****, and brought the boys up to be ****s as well!!

They were hated by all the clubs and fans back then, and that was 15-20 years ago!!

Not surprised at anything the cartel does.

Sims:

From DT:

......The hearing reached a ridiculous stage when NRL counsel Peter McGrath played slow motion replays of the incident — angle after angle, frame by frame — for 15 to 20 minutes, all while questioning Sims about on-field defensive tactics.
Sims showed enormous restraint not to bite back at a legal representative with little knowledge of the game....

Well, most people thought Klemmer should be there anyway. They get their wish.

Replacing Sims with the best Australian Prop is not a bad back up option.. We look stronger and better balanced on the bench.
I wonder if Klemmer will start or inject himself from the bench, either way we have 4x big mobile props (Saifiti, Vaughn, Klemmer, Finucane)
5x 80 minute backrow / lock forwards- 2 of which can play anywhere in the halves if they had to.
I feel like all bases are covered!
Jack Wighton and Wade Graham can offset any surprise injuries mid match with a small shuffle

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10