2018 Top 30 Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The club should make it clearer but basically our squad of 30 includes Myles and Lussick as we are paying them. Trent and Suli took us from 28 to 30.

For development players outside the 30 ( there are five or 6 of them including Fainu and J Lussick) we need to prove we have no one available in that position for them to play.Hastings and Brown would thus rule Fainu out.

Agree with you that the NRL (GreenTurd) would probably rule that way with Hasting and Brown ..... but to my knowledge both have "filled" in at hooker but neither are considered hookers ....... a reasonable argument could be made ......

The NRL's response to that would be why haven't you signed someone to cover hooker depth if you only consider Api as your hooker. By playing Cletus or Brown there already we are conceding that they are good enough for coverage in that position. I can't see us getting an approval for Fainu

Agree with you that the NRL (GreenTurd) would probably rule that way with Hasting and Brown ..... but to my knowledge both have "filled" in at hooker but neither are considered hookers ....... a reasonable argument could be made ......
Agree with you. But you said the magic word. GREENBURG.

Can someone please confirm the top 30 status of Joey Lussick please. I mean fact, not a guess.

He scored a try on his first grade debut last year so is either in the 30 OR we were granted an exemption to play him.
If we WERE granted an exemption for his debut, we should be allowed to use him again because Hastings and Brown were in the 30 last year as well as this year. Circumstances are exactly the same.

Joey is our best option by far.

Can someone please confirm the top 30 status of Joey Lussick please. I mean fact, not a guess.

He scored a try on his first grade debut last year so is either in the 30 OR we were granted an exemption to play him.
If we WERE granted an exemption for his debut, we should be allowed to use him again because Hastings and Brown were in the 30 last year as well as this year. Circumstances are exactly the same.

Joey is our best option by far.
No one outside of the club can confirm that obviously, so drop Lyall an email and see if he responds. My guess is that he isn't in current top 30.

As for last year.... well that was last year. He may have snuck into the top 30 last year but wages this year are different, there is different personnel here, and Lussick's deal may be different to last year. I suspect that he was offered a lesser deal this year, as he is only signed on a season by season basis.

The "best guess" top 30 is in post 1 of this thread. See who there is likely to be on less money than Lussick in your opinion, and that will give you some idea if he is likely to be in the squad. The only players he is likely to be comparable with are Funa and Sipley perhaps

Thanks mate, I know of the list on page 1 but as you said, it is not 100% reliable. Yeah maybe he was top 30 last year.
I'm surprised there is not someone here with close enough ties to the club who can unequivocally answer anomalies like this when they come up.

Thanks mate, I know of the list on page 1 but as you said, it is not 100% reliable. Yeah maybe he was top 30 last year.
I'm surprised there is not someone here with close enough ties to the club who can unequivocally answer anomalies like this when they come up.

Lussick is definitely a development player. As are Jade Anderson, Manase Fainu, Luke Metcalfe and Peter Schuster.

Guys this is pretty easy to solve, go to seaeagles.com.au and click on ‘Teams’ in the left hand menu and it will list 29 players including the just signed Hodkinson, maybe we only have to have 29 due to our salary cap issue

Now for Myles, lussick etc I would think they still are counted under our salary cap but not in the top 30, if you take the bulldogs currently there are paying 5 or 6 players at other clubs and no way any of them could be included in their 30 man roster as would only give them like 24 players for the season

Lussick is definitely a development player. As are Jade Anderson, Manase Fainu, Luke Metcalfe and Peter Schuster.
Cheers. Was Suli on a development contract before getting upgraded ?? if so are we able to replace him on that development list with another player ? I thought you could have 6.

Guys this is pretty easy to solve, go to seaeagles.com.au and click on ‘Teams’ in the left hand menu and it will list 29 players

Well if that "settles it" Roger, we still have a top 30 spot left to fill. My guess is Darcy still holds that spot because we paid over a certain amount of his freight. Club confirmation would be nice.

Cheers. Was Suli on a development contract before getting upgraded ?? if so are we able to replace him on that development list with another player ? I thought you could have 6.

Suli was on an NRL training contract originally which was then upgraded to a development contract and then finally upgraded to a top 30 contract. So yes we have one development contract available.

I just had a look at the Broncos roster and they have 34 players in their NRL squad. Melbourne Storm has 36!
We can't even reach 30.

Last edited:
Interesting article on NRL.com saying that they are contemplating some transparency around top 30 squads for next season. Would be a good move I think.

Top 30 squads could be publicised to increase transparency

A definitive list of top 30 squads could be publicised for the first time next season in a bid for greater transparency around the game's rostering system.

An August 21 feedback session open to all clubs and attended by representatives of the NRL, Rugby League Players' Association and agents accreditation committee will review the game's latest contracting system, which was introduced last November.

A public record of each club's playing stocks is viewed as a natural evolution in the model, but has been met with scepticism by clubs to date.

As it stands each outfit must confirm a top 24 roster for 2019 with the NRL as of November 1, the start of rugby league's financial calendar, with 29 players to be signed on when the playing season starts in the first week of March.

Clubs then have up until the traditional June 30 deadline to sign a final player to fill their top 30 squad, with between three and six players also retained on development contracts.

Full article here

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/nrl-top-30-squads-to-be-published-to-increase-transparency/

Mr Plod gets a mention

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4