2018 - Full draw ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So rounds 1,3,5 are away games and these are confirmed
Knights ,Souths ( ANZ ) and titans Gladstone away.

Round 2,4 home games against TBA tomorrow at 10 am

This is better than this year having a majority of our homes games in the opening rounds.

Interesting to note in HappilyManlys first link, the bit about the anticipated redevelopment of lottoland in 2019.

Don't tell me things may actually happen!! @:eek:

Last edited:
Remember Gladstone is the Titans home game, we simply are the “ other team”.

I’d be surprised if the SEQ Manly army don’t travel in droves up there.

Good opportunity of an away win right there!

It's only about a three hour drive from Hervey Bay so we will probably be heading up for that one. Our youngest son lives and works up there so we will kill two birds with the one stone and stay with and spend some time with him too.

@marga will be happy that it's a bit closer!

It's only about a three hour drive from Hervey Bay so we will probably be heading up for that one. Our youngest son lives and works up there so we will kill two birds with the one stone and stay with and spend some time with him too.

Gee Dad is coming to visit to go to the footy and tell me everything I'm doing wrong in life!

yay sigh

lol

NRL will embrace Sydney Sunday afternoon blockbusters in 2018
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
October 18, 2017 7:00pm
Subscriber only
THE NRL will reveal 22 rounds of Sunday afternoon Sydney blockbusters in the 2018 premiership draw in a move to lure disgruntled fans back to the venues.

Manly v Parramatta, Sydney Roosters v Manly, South Sydney v St George Illawarra, Manly v Cronulla and St George Illawarra v Canterbury are among big rivalry games to be played in fan-friendly Sunday afternoon timeslots.

FIRST ROUND: Who plays who?

YANKEE: USA doing it the American way

Also, the huge Wests Tigers v Canterbury game which pits Aaron Woods and Josh Reynolds on opposite sides against their old clubs has also been scheduled for Round 12 on a Sunday at ANZ Stadium.

b84ecf61ee37736cf775064e736178f3

The NRL is hoping more Sunday games will boost crowds.
The NRL has scheduled two Sunday afternoon games in Sydney on six weekends over the season.

Not that the Cronulla Sharks are happy with the Thursday night placement of their blockbuster local derby against St George Illawarra in round two.

The derby is their biggest drawing game of the season and a match that is always a near full house on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

The Sharks believe the decision to play on a school night will cost them up to 7000 fans and around $100,000 in gate takings.

The full draw will be revealed at 10am on Thursday — six weeks earlier than in previous years — to allow clubs to start planning their membership drives and early ticket sales.

Two years ago it wasn’t done until early December.

bb98bd44f7a29be6f1cb59cfdfc72393

Will the fans come flooding back?
This is also the first year in memory the NRL has produced its draw well in advance of the AFL.

Overall, the scheduling of 28 Sunday games in Sydney is a major victory for fans.

The major reason for the NRL’s crowd decline last season was Sydney venues being used on Thursday nights and the unpopular 6pm Friday night timeslot.

In another great move, the NRL has also scheduled a match on the Thursday night before Easter following a Daily Telegraph campaign to play more games on the eve of public holidays like in the AFL on non-school nights.

Chief executive Todd Greenberg said the NRL had delivered the first preference request of every club in the 2018 draw.

“The clear message from fans last year is that they want more big games in Sydney on Sunday afternoons — and that’s what we are going to deliver,” he said.

7c945cefb8c9fd6536d9213f288cb66b

Cronulla’s match against the Dragons has been moved to Thursday night.
“We want more people going to games and the best way to do that is to stage blockbusters in family friendly times.

“We are releasing the draw earlier than any time in recent memory so fans, clubs and players can plan their season in advance.”

Officials said “you can’t please everyone” in response to Cronulla’s complaints.

“Naturally you cannot deliver every single request of every club,” Greenberg said.

“In the case of the Sharks, their Thursday night game against the Dragons will attract a huge television audience.

“So, while it may affect the attendance, the size of the TV audience should help the club with sponsorships and promotions.”

BLOCKBUSTER EASTER WEEKEND
Cowboys v Panthers at 1300 SMILES Stadium on Thursday night (7.50pm)

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Friday afternoon (4.10pm)

Sharks v Storm at Southern Cross Group Stadium on Friday night (7.50pm)

Roosters v Warriors at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night (5:30pm)

Sea Eagles v Raiders at Lottoland on Saturday night (7:30pm)

Dragons v Knights at WIN Stadium on Sunday afternoon (4.10pm)

Broncos v Titans at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday night (6:30pm)

Tigers v Eels at ANZ Stadium on Monday afternoon (4pm)

source:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/57d390c9854456ec698de72c7d201cac

I bet the Donkeys still get 98% Thursday / Friday games, which will show apart from the early release that not much is really changed.

If the NRL just hand the same clubs the same dream draw we have to acknowledge they are just pissing in our pockets.

Today is D day in essence where we may confirm that regardless of who holds the remote it is the networks pushing the buttons

If the draw is released and the same script followed this may actually be the darkest day in sport. Im actually dreading its release as it will actually kill hope

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10