2018 Awards Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So how weird was last night? I reckon everyone was scripted to what to say to third parties. Everyone I spoke to said exactly the same thing - nothing! - when questioned on next year (staying or leaving), or on what the vibe is like, any feedback on salary cap.

No one had an original thought or discussion point. Weird how management stayed away from non Manly personnel as well.

Hmm, really weird, usually a lot more banter in previous years even from the players. Mostly standoffish.

I hope it wasn't only me, I'm sure I showered before, and used deodorant.

So how weird was last night? I reckon everyone was scripted to what to say to third parties. Everyone I spoke to said exactly the same thing - nothing! - when questioned on next year (staying or leaving), or on what the vibe is like, any feedback on salary cap.

No one had an original thought or discussion point. Weird how management stayed away from non Manly personnel as well.

Hmm, really weird, usually a lot more banter in previous years even from the players. Mostly standoffish.

Why does that surprise you .... I doubt they would have to be instructed not to say anything ....

Does not surprise me they know if they speak to to the real punters they don’t want to hear what we have to have say..they know they are not liked and have screwed up that is management.

Same with the membership team I sent them an email in a very respectful and objective manner asking 3 simple questions about our future nothing no reply at all. It is like they have been told to completely shut us fans out.

Something is brewing, what I don’t know, but it just smells like that.

Manly Daily

What the Sea Eagles did on Mad Monday

Manly players take part in a marathon after narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon
image.ashx

Manly Sea Eagles in fancy dress at the Harbord Hotel on their Mad Monday, Picture: David Swift

MAD Monday should be banned by NRL clubs. The antics of the Bulldogs this week hijacked the start of one of the closest final series in recent years.

Despite what the players think, seeing professional footballers in fancy dress and blind drunk in full view of the public is unacceptable.

Why the Bulldogs were out en masse after the season they have had is beyond belief — they should have been in hiding.

And the same goes for the Manly Sea Eagles, who went perilously close to getting the first wooden spoon in the club’s history.

They didn’t just have a Mad Monday, they had a Marathon Mad Monday.

It was the survival of the fittest. After individual reviews on Monday morning the players:

› Had lunch at the Harbord Hotel.

› Enjoyed a cruise around Sydney Harbour.

› Finished at a private room at 2am at Forestville RSL.

To the players’ credit they were well behaved throughout with no complaints about their behaviour. They were under the supervision of the team security guard at all times.

All players in the NRL are taken through the pitfalls associated with social media but fans are able to follow the Mad Monday antics by players who can’t help posting their whereabouts and what they are up to.

ON THE ROCKS

THE Rocks area of the city should be giving former Sea Eagles football manager Gareth Holmes nightmares.

It was at The Rocks just over 12 months ago that the Sea Eagles’ coaching punchup drama erupted, leading to the exit of likeable Willie Peters from the club.

Holmes was at the coaching staff get-together which preceded the altercation and was also in Gladstone at the time the debacle involving Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings took place.

Fast forward to last Monday and the Bulldogs go naked on a balcony at a hotel at The Rocks.

Holmes left the Sea Eagles for the Bulldogs a few months back and was reportedly at The Rocks Hotel on Monday in his role as Bulldogs football manager. It has certainly been a rocky time for the respected Holmes.

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

MANLY, by virtue of a troubled season, are faced with accepting a lot of second string players virtually unwanted by their current clubs.

The recruitment group is massively inexperienced. If the Titans’ Kane Elgey, a fringe first grader, is the main recruitment for next season then Sea Eagles fans are in for another tough season.

Possible signings being thrown around, such as Brendon Elliott, Corey Waddell and Darren Sonig, are hardly names to get excited over.

And with head coach Trent Barrett going through a major dispute with the club just who is doing the signing?

The drums are beating that exciting young prospects Tom Wright and Jade Anderson have been told to look elsewhere. If true, it is a dumb decision by the rookie, faceless retention group.

The club has invested four years in teaching Wright the game after his switch from union and he has one thing missing in Manly’s backline

— genuine speed. So too does Anderson, who has heaps of potential.

The names Zorba throws out that the club's interested in.
Darren Sonig. Google doesn't seem to even know who bloke is. Can anyone tell us more?

Manly Daily

What the Sea Eagles did on Mad Monday

Manly players take part in a marathon after narrowly avoiding the wooden spoon
image.ashx

Manly Sea Eagles in fancy dress at the Harbord Hotel on their Mad Monday, Picture: David Swift

MAD Monday should be banned by NRL clubs. The antics of the Bulldogs this week hijacked the start of one of the closest final series in recent years.

Despite what the players think, seeing professional footballers in fancy dress and blind drunk in full view of the public is unacceptable.

Why the Bulldogs were out en masse after the season they have had is beyond belief — they should have been in hiding.

And the same goes for the Manly Sea Eagles, who went perilously close to getting the first wooden spoon in the club’s history.

They didn’t just have a Mad Monday, they had a Marathon Mad Monday.

It was the survival of the fittest. After individual reviews on Monday morning the players:

› Had lunch at the Harbord Hotel.

› Enjoyed a cruise around Sydney Harbour.

› Finished at a private room at 2am at Forestville RSL.

To the players’ credit they were well behaved throughout with no complaints about their behaviour. They were under the supervision of the team security guard at all times.

All players in the NRL are taken through the pitfalls associated with social media but fans are able to follow the Mad Monday antics by players who can’t help posting their whereabouts and what they are up to.

ON THE ROCKS

THE Rocks area of the city should be giving former Sea Eagles football manager Gareth Holmes nightmares.

It was at The Rocks just over 12 months ago that the Sea Eagles’ coaching punchup drama erupted, leading to the exit of likeable Willie Peters from the club.

Holmes was at the coaching staff get-together which preceded the altercation and was also in Gladstone at the time the debacle involving Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings took place.

Fast forward to last Monday and the Bulldogs go naked on a balcony at a hotel at The Rocks.

Holmes left the Sea Eagles for the Bulldogs a few months back and was reportedly at The Rocks Hotel on Monday in his role as Bulldogs football manager. It has certainly been a rocky time for the respected Holmes.

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

MANLY, by virtue of a troubled season, are faced with accepting a lot of second string players virtually unwanted by their current clubs.

The recruitment group is massively inexperienced. If the Titans’ Kane Elgey, a fringe first grader, is the main recruitment for next season then Sea Eagles fans are in for another tough season.

Possible signings being thrown around, such as Brendon Elliott, Corey Waddell and Darren Sonig, are hardly names to get excited over.

And with head coach Trent Barrett going through a major dispute with the club just who is doing the signing?

The drums are beating that exciting young prospects Tom Wright and Jade Anderson have been told to look elsewhere. If true, it is a dumb decision by the rookie, faceless retention group.

The club has invested four years in teaching Wright the game after his switch from union and he has one thing missing in Manly’s backline

— genuine speed. So too does Anderson, who has heaps of potential.
What genii are on the rookie retention comittee? Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder maybe ?those 2 rookies sb retained its a no brainer esp when u have nothing to replace them with , i cant believe that TBH

Me too! It was my local pub. We are the same age too.
I was about three years earlier than you guys but it was my local too. Every Friday night we'd go there to listen to the bands and get a knee trembler with some willing bird out the back. Place was always full of year 11 and 12 kids with dodgy IDs. Good times.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12