2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we are a strange bunch, the majority here have Meehan and Hoppa as certain NRL player even though neither have played for Manly.

Whilst you may be right long term the more likely thing is that they are not great players in the first few games. AFB struggled after 15 minutes of NRL pace early in the season, even Jake needed half a season to adjust, Tom still hasn't got his energy expenditure right and ends up tired and out of position in defense late in the games.
Yes but they've got to start somewhere, there is no doubt that they will have a somewhat limited impact at first but they would adjust rather easily seeing the no nonsense style they are... They will only get better as the season goes on and I can't wait to see them develop from rd 1, they should be ripping up the field by the back end of the season. However if they really aren't up to it we have plenty of depth in the forwards and can bring Api back onto the bench, it's just a matter of time.

Players rumored to be signed but unconfirmed
A Uate
J Wright
Players hoped for but only rumored by young harold, young Turbo
and andyvb, and definitely not signed
Ben Matulino

Players rumored to be signed but unconfirmed
A Uate
J Wright
Players hoped for but only rumored by young harold, young Turbo
and andyvb, and definitely not signed
Ben Matulino
King Harold predicts Matulino will be signed, King Harold is far too optimistic, King Harold will be far too pessimistic if 2017 goes to ****... Join me King Nightster, join me now :devil:

Seriously if 2017 doesn't go well then I will be far less optimistic and far more self destructiveness

King Harold predicts Matulino will be signed, King Harold is far too optimistic, King Harold will be far too pessimistic if 2017 goes to ****... Join me King Nightster, join me now :devil:

Seriously if 2017 doesn't go well then I will be far less optimistic and far more self destructiveness
If Matulino gets a release he will be at Manly.

If Matulino gets a release he will be at Manly.
Yes if he is released he will be and I still do believe that he is on his way to manly next year and what a signing that would be, yet only time will tell.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12: B Matulino
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: J Hopoate

Backups:
Fullback- T Wright
Wing- M Wright, J Wright
Centre- B Wiliame, B Parker
Five-Eight- C Cullen
Halfback- P Godinet
Hooker-
Prop- W Meehan, B Lawrence
Second Row- S Lane, L Brown, F Winterstein, B Bainbridge
Lock-

Looks like our most likely squad if we get Uate and Matulino and it's a pretty strong team, backline looks very good and the pack and forward depth looks good also. If we keep fit and get a alright draw I think we have top 8 potential I reckon we will finish around 6 or 7.

Given the Titans made the finals this year the team above on paper all healthy should definately squeak into the top 8. High completion rates, solid defensive structure and a good attitude goes a long way in the comp even if ure team isn't full of stars. If we don't have injuries and we fail to play finals footy again it's bye bye Trent and Hoss. Guaranteed.

Given the Titans made the finals this year the team above on paper all healthy should definately squeak into the top 8. High completion rates, solid defensive structure and a good attitude goes a long way in the comp even if ure team isn't full of stars. If we don't have injuries and we fail to play finals footy again it's bye bye Trent and Hoss. Guaranteed.
Last year I thought our defence was good, our attack is what was lacking, we only looked good when Tom got the ball.

@TimmyQ I liked your post mate but surely you can come up with a better avatar than that blue and gold Manly jumper lol

Last year I thought our defence was good, our attack is what was lacking, we only looked good when Tom got the ball.

Our attack sucked mate. DCE basically played a lone hand in the play making all year which made us very easy (predictable) to defend (not helped by crap dummy half service from Api). And you are right, sometimes the only time we looked like doing anything was when Tom had the ball and was running. But one thing I noticed when he did that.....there was all too often a lack of support players for him and he usually had to die with the ball.

We scored 75 tries this year (3.125 per game) and at a rough guess I would say at least 40 of those were from individual brilliance rather than set plays.

You are right also in that our defence wasn't bad......except when we had to rely on the likes of Brown and Wiliame defending in the centres.

@TimmyQ I liked your post mate but surely you can come up with a better avatar than that blue and gold Manly jumper lol

Our attack sucked mate. DCE basically played a lone hand in the play making all year which made us very easy (predictable) to defend (not helped by crap dummy half service from Api). And you are right, sometimes the only time we looked like doing anything was when Tom had the ball and was running. But one thing I noticed when he did that.....there was all too often a lack of support players for him and he usually had to die with the ball.

We scored 75 tries this year (3.125 per game) and at a rough guess I would say at least 40 of those were from individual brilliance rather than set plays.

You are right also in that our defence wasn't bad......except when we had to rely on the likes of Brown and Wiliame defending in the centres.
Yes those 2 as centres were arm grabbers but also slow and came with errors or stupid plays. Walker and Matai their makes us very strong and gives Tom some player to use around him.

Walker is a crap defender also (missed 40 tackles in 18 games), but in attack he does know how to score, especially when playing centre.

Skivy has always been a strong defender but unfortunately its about 50/50 on him actually playing again.

I just did a quick count. We conceded 99 tries this season (4.125 per game). That's exactly one more try per game than we scored so its no wonder we finished 13th. Only the Knights, Tigpies, Warriors and Chooks conceded more points than us.

Interesting.....we conceded 99 tries in 24 games yet including penalty shots we only had 93 attempts at goal.

From Blacktown Sea Eagles site

Re-Signing Recap

We are pleased to announce that former Junior Kiwi Takai Moeakiola has resigned with the club for 2 years, extending his stay until the end of 2018.

Head Coach Pat Weisner is very happy Takai will remain at the club for a further 2 seasons given his potential.

"Takai has been one of our most consistant players in the last 18months. He is one of the strongest ball runners in the Ron Massey Cup competition and still has plenty of improvement left in him. To have him commit for another 2 seasons is a huge positive for our club".

13245217_775894832552965_5308507197673959546_n.jpg

Ponga may have bamboozled the Donkeys on that one run, but that is about all he did on Friday night. Still, it was only his first game and a final to boot so I wouldn't have expected much more from him, especially as he's not actually a winger (fullback or 5/8 apparently).

Yes but this team is filled with stars, Tom Trbojevic, Walker (at centre), Matai, Uate (if form returns), Dce (personally I'd add in Green), Matulino, Tapau, Jake Trbojevic with some others I would call stars like Buhrer and Lussick (who is quickly becoming one should he keep his form up) but aren't considered stars.

Ponga may have bamboozled the Donkeys on that one run, but that is about all he did on Friday night. Still, it was only his first game and a final to boot so I wouldn't have expected much more from him, especially as he's not actually a winger (fullback or 5/8 apparently).
My only worry with him would be defence, not that he's small but just because he hasn't looked like he's got it in him in the games I've seen him play in.

Yes but this team is filled with stars, Tom Trbojevic, Walker (at centre), Matai, Uate (if form returns), Dce (personally I'd add in Green), Matulino, Tapau, Jake Trbojevic with some others I would call stars like Buhrer and Lussick (who is quickly becoming one should he keep his form up) but aren't considered stars.
This team is not filled with stars. It has a number of up and coming players and some others who have performed at high levels. Tom Trbojevic has some fine attacking skills though he has some floors in his defence which will improve with time.
Walker has defensive issues and Matilino last time I looked wasn't contracted to us.
Uate needs to prove himself again and Green, we'll have to wait and see how he goes without real stars (Smith and Cronk). The others have performed well for us at various times but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There needs to be a lot of improvement from what we saw this year before we start singing again.

This team is not filled with stars. It has a number of up and coming players and some others who have performed at high levels. Tom Trbojevic has some fine attacking skills though he has some floors in his defence which will improve with time.
Walker has defensive issues and Matilino last time I looked wasn't contracted to us.
Uate needs to prove himself again and Green, we'll have to wait and see how he goes without real stars (Smith and Cronk). The others have performed well for us at various times but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There needs to be a lot of improvement from what we saw this year before we start singing again.
Well said, there sure is a lot of work to do but in my opinion we have plenty of stars mixed inbetween plenty of up and comers, and unless Uate fails miserably and unless Myles or Brown are picked in the 17 then we will have no low impact or bad players, also yes I know you weren't saying they were bad I just brought it up as I truly believe we will finish considerably high with the squad we've got.

Also I did mention that I believe Matulino will be signed I didn't mention that he was a definate.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6