2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are going to be a lot better next year than people are expecting. Big big improvement on this season, only thing that can stop such a form reversal is injury imo. Shaun Lane has huge potential. Blake Green will be a massive signing, taking pressure off DCE and giving us another genuine point of attack. Uate may yet surprise and Dylan Walker to kill it back in the centres and injury free. Add to that Turbo will have the experience of this season and will be running on two legs. The improvement of our forwards in the second half of the season, particularly Lussick abt Tapau. And add to that whatever signings are still to come and I see the potential for a great year. People flagging us as wooden spooners are off their heads.

So given everything that has transpired, here is the team I'm hoping for, and one that I think can win a premiership (if not now, in a year or two):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Suaia Matagi
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

+ Need a utility on the bench without Buhrer now
+ Lawrence / Myles fight it out for the 16 spot
+ Lane / Meehan / Hopoate fight it out for the 17
+ Koroisou / Brown fight it out for the 14
+ If we don't get Sironen, Bird will be ok (ON the field)
+ You could make AFB the starting prop and drop Matagi to bench

Matagi is all done to manly, dwz is off to Newcastle.
If Newcastle get DWZ ill be one unhappy camper. Especially because it's s good chance it's only happening because we took Uate off their hands. We should just sign DWZ and his younger brother as a package

DWZ would be a dream signing, great young player. If we pull this off it will be huge. Probably need to move on Jorge. Potential backline for next season
1 Turbo
2 DWZ
3 Walker
4 Matai
5 Uate
6 Green
7 DCE
That's a kick arse attack.
Thats a gun backline, if Uate fires and Matai comes back strong.

Unless we have done some secret deal with the Cows to swap Myles for Scott and Brown for Taumololo and a deal with the Storm to swap Api for Smith (in which case we might scrape into the 8), I don't understand how some people think we will be better next year.

The best player we have bought is Green, who could at best be described as an above average first grader. The rest are all fringe first graders or reserve graders (most of them couldn't crack first grade at the clubs they are leaving).

We have lost a genuine superstar in Lyon (even though the was in his twilight in 2016, he is a different class to any of our signings and he will be very sorely missed), our best hole running forward and clubman in Buhrer, a solid first grader in Symonds, some of our most promising junior talent and a host of our depth players.

I don't recall seeing a more lopsided ins and outs list in my life.

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Ins: Matthew Wright (mid-season, Cowboys), Frank Winterstein (rugby union), Shaun Lane (Warriors), Blake Green (Storm), Cameron Cullen (Titans), Akuila Uate (Knights)

Outs: Jamie Lyon (retirement), Tim Moltzen (retired), Tom Symonds (Huddersfield), Feleti Mateo (mid-season, Salford), Luke Burgess (mid-season, Salford), Siosia Vave (Eels), Liam Knight (Roosters), Nathan Green (released), Blake Leary (released), Issac John (released), Jayden Hodges (released), Rhys Armstrong (released), Fabian Goodall (rugby union), Halaufa Lavaka (released), Tony Satini (released), Dylan Kelly (released), Hugh Pratt (released), Nicho Hynes (released), Darcy Cox (released), Josh Starling (released), Jamie Buhrer (Knights)

Unless we have done some secret deal with the Cows to swap Myles for Scott and Brown for Taumololo and a deal with the Storm to swap Api for Smith (in which case we might scrape into the 8), I don't understand how some people think we will be better next year.

The best player we have bought is Green, who could at best be described as an above average first grader. The rest are all fringe first graders or reserve graders (most of them couldn't crack first grade at the clubs they are leaving).

We have lost a genuine superstar in Lyon (even though the was in his twilight in 2016, he is a different class to any of our signings and he will be very sorely missed), our best hole running forward and clubman in Buhrer, a solid first grader in Symonds, some of our most promising junior talent and a host of our depth players.

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Ins: Matthew Wright (mid-season, Cowboys), Frank Winterstein (rugby union), Shaun Lane (Warriors), Blake Green (Storm), Cameron Cullen (Titans), Akuila Uate (Knights)

Outs: Jamie Lyon (retirement), Tim Moltzen (retired), Tom Symonds (Huddersfield), Feleti Mateo (mid-season, Salford), Luke Burgess (mid-season, Salford), Siosia Vave (Eels), Liam Knight (Roosters), Nathan Green (released), Blake Leary (released), Issac John (released), Jayden Hodges (released), Rhys Armstrong (released), Fabian Goodall (rugby union), Halaufa Lavaka (released), Tony Satini (released), Dylan Kelly (released), Hugh Pratt (released), Nicho Hynes (released), Darcy Cox (released), Josh Starling (released), Jamie Buhrer (Knights)
Blake Green is more than just an above average first grader. Last year he was close to winning 5/8 of the year and was very good this year too. A lot of people are underestimating how much of a difference having an appropriate 6 beside our star 7 will make to our chances, last year our squad was top 4 material on paper this year not much has changed. Lane and Cullen have huge potential and are young and would have been next to nothing in the cap so they are handy buys. Uate is the one you scratch your head at and everyone knows why but he too was cheap and has plenty of potential. If like last year we have injuries we won't make the 8. If we have a good run with injuries this year we will easily make the top 8. We will have a quality spine next year with Turbo, Green, DCE, Parcell and a very very good forward pack to build them a platform and a bunch of high quality future stars in the backline to finish off.

MANLY SEA EAGLES

And you do realise the majority of players we let go are fringe NSW cup players.

MANLY SEA EAGLES

If Symonds was a genuine first grader he would not have had to go to Super League, Buhrer also would've got a contract from a stronger club rather than only Newcastle. Our only genuine loss is Lyon and no matter what if we are not injured we will be better next year than we were this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8