2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Please explain? Are you suggesting there could be a last season comeback? I wondered why he wasn't there last night
Not much to explain, Jamie Lyon is training with Jake T as reported in the Herald and he wasn't part of the NRL send off. Just wondering if he has a year left in him and he has second thoughts.

sSig_bump.gif

Last updated Fri 30 Sep, 2016, 3:45pm with no sign of Jamie Buhrer's name in either the Manly 'Outs' or Newcastle "Ins" lists.

You're living in denial. NBN news wouldn't announce unless it happened, this is Newcastle - they don't leave their fans out in cold. Heaven forbid that the media got it wrong.... btw it takes 2 to 3 weeks for the NRL site to update. The NRL is soooooo efficient! @:smirk:

Please explain? Are you suggesting there could be a last season comeback? I wondered why he wasn't there last night
He hinted he was still involved with the club didn't he? But did we ever find out in what capacity? Still training, Interesting.
9's, bam I think I might have to go in 2017 how much are flights!

Not much to explain, Jamie Lyon is training with Jake T as reported in the Herald and he wasn't part of the NRL send off. Just wondering if he has a year left in him and he has second thoughts.

Gezzz I hope your right, Lyon in the centres again? awesome news because I was petrified about our goal kicking next year.

The problem we have is that sides like StG have come out and said they are willing to throw HUGE coin at the Turbo bros. Unless they are willing to take unders, it puts us in a tough position to stay competitive. Before this year, I think Cronk was like on 650-700k. Hence why Melb were able to keep the big 3 together so long..if the turbos get say 800 each from '17 onwards (I don't think Jake commands that much but that is what StG are reportingly going to throw at him/1.2 for TT) we will have so much of the cap dedicated to DCE and the Turbos... If we are to get J Bird I assume he will cost 600+ min
If Jake and Tom get a good price say 500k for Jake and 600k for Tom I think they will stay, they love the club. That's the price they are worth IMO ATM cause they are young and to be getting paid 800k in your early 20s is unheard of. Melbourne do it with their team they have 4 players on massive coin. Cronk, Slater, Smith and Bromwich are all near or over 1 million. With us DCE is the only current player getting paid that money. Soon Tom will be aswell but I think we are in a good position cap wise as long as we play smart and one thing BOZO is good at is controlling the cap.

@BOZO I can see what Bozo is trying to achieve in the forwards. It's a formula which has worked for him in the past and provided they don't all play like Myles and Brown it has merit.

But a DWZ or Tupou signing is massive for the club, in so many ways. Not only to Wright the wrongs of being without Hiku and Gutho. It's just needed to win back some faith.
What's he trying to achieve in the forwards?

If Jake and Tom get a good price say 500k for Jake and 600k for Tom I think they will stay, they love the club. That's the price they are worth IMO ATM cause they are young and to be getting paid 800k in your early 20s is unheard of. Melbourne do it with their team they have 4 players on massive coin. Cronk, Slater, Smith and Bromwich are all near or over 1 million. With us DCE is the only current player getting paid that money. Soon Tom will be aswell but I think we are in a good position cap wise as long as we play smart and one thing BOZO is good at is controlling the cap.
Bromwich on over a million? You sure.. ? if you're turbo and manly offer you 600k and StG offer you 1.2.. What do you do.. Mate, I take the money every day!

He wants a big intimidating pack with skill, at least I think that is what he wants based on who has left the club and who we have bought. Taupau, Fonua-Blake, Meehan, J Trbojevic, Lussick, Matagi, Bird, Korosaiu, Parcell are all aggressive players who intimidate.

Bromwich on over a million? You sure.. ? if you're turbo and manly offer you 600k and StG offer you 1.2.. What do you do.. Mate, I take the money every day!
Bromwich is near 1 million not over. And if I was Tom I wouldn't go to StG if I wanted a premiership.

He has always loved his forwards one way. Hard. Physically and mentally hard. He'd always take Greg Bird over Buhrer. James Graham over absolutely anyone.

Who the hell signed Lewis brown?

Myles at least can take a punch.

He wants a big intimidating pack with skill, at least I think that is what he wants based on who has left the club and who we have bought. Taupau, Fonua-Blake, Meehan, J Trbojevic, Lussick, Matagi, Bird, Korosaiu, Parcell are all aggressive players who intimidate.
Parcell the intimidator lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10