2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And truth be known, we may never see it or understand all the inside mechanisms of what's happened, HK. So, it all comes down to personal perception. For me, if DCE was not about integrity, commitment and mateship, the other players would react to that. The media would have us believe they do. The media would also have us believe that the team is losing faith in Toovey. Neither was apparent tonight.

Daly was blooded at the same time as Kieran. Foran is also apparently gone for more money. I am assuming you consider him a mercenary too? So, what should we do? Should we simply tell both to leave ASAP? If you were in charge at Manly, would you consider that a wise move for the good of the club?

If given the choice, would it not be smarter to keep the best one, at least, of these two "mercenaries" for the good of the club if possible? The most important thing is the success of the club. Players come and go, that's a fact, but if you are fortunate enough to have a very good one on your books, I would have moved Heaven, Hell and everything in between to keep him.

I'm not sure if it's back flipping either. I think that after tonight, the pro DCE people are just being heard, or listened to, instead of being drowned out by the haters.

My opinion hasn't changed a bit. The club should have put its time and effort into Daly. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
We've rarely lost a player at the peak of their powers that we want to keep and i can't believe we are letting DCE go.

Cherry is one of the best players in the comp and halves like him who can do it all are rare.

One part of his game he never seems to receive wraps for is his defence. It's very strong and right up there with the best halves.

You just can't train instinct into a player and he has it.

I would like to think our owners are regretting their decision to move him on. I for one can't believe their treatment of him and most league fans are stunned we are letting go one of the best players in the game.

Just give him the extra $200,000 (or whatever it is) and get him to change his mind.

DCE is a must to keep. He can have part of Foran's money.

Last week most clowns on this site were saying what a dog Daly was and doubted his committment to the club and how well Keiran had gone about his contract negotiations.

What a difference a week makes?

Daly has a great game and showed the way he's going to put in for the club (which I never doubted he would) , Keiran's injured can't show the same and is now a dog and an ordinary player?

Fickle people, fickle.

whether they are leaving or not they are still both Manly players and will put in. and foran is close to if not the best 5/8 in the game- name the better ones/
In my defence I've never wavered in saying we should keep him. Some of the stuff he's done ****s me but I think he offers our best opportunity to win. I also don't buy people saying they'd be happy with has beens running round so long as they had pride. Willie has shown plenty of pride in the manly jumper but he copped a resounding flogging on these forums after his first game.

People on here were talking about not watching and not attending if the season was a right off. So whether people want to admit it or not we need halves that can win games. In addition we need a pack. I think chez is a dominant half and doesn't need foz. But foz needs chez. Therefore pay cherry and buy some forwards

Guys, one game. Well actually two but the first one seems to be glossed over.

Cherry is only right for the right money. And that means money that allows us to address the issues with the pack. That of course might not be right money for DCE. If they offered him 800k the. That's about the most I'd want them paying. If Reynolds is on 500K and kicks goals like a stud too then 1M for DCE regardless of last night is just too much. We don't want to turn into the Cowboys...

And truth be known, we may never see it or understand all the inside mechanisms of what's happened, HK. So, it all comes down to personal perception. For me, if DCE was not about integrity, commitment and mateship, the other players would react to that. The media would have us believe they do. The media would also have us believe that the team is losing faith in Toovey. Neither was apparent tonight.

Daly was blooded at the same time as Kieran. Foran is also apparently gone for more money. I am assuming you consider him a mercenary too? So, what should we do? Should we simply tell both to leave ASAP? If you were in charge at Manly, would you consider that a wise move for the good of the club?

If given the choice, would it not be smarter to keep the best one, at least, of these two "mercenaries" for the good of the club if possible? The most important thing is the success of the club. Players come and go, that's a fact, but if you are fortunate enough to have a very good one on your books, I would have moved Heaven, Hell and everything in between to keep him.

I'm not sure if it's back flipping either. I think that after tonight, the pro DCE people are just being heard, or listened to, instead of being drowned out by the haters.

My opinion hasn't changed a bit. The club should have put its time and effort into Daly. But that's just my opinion.

I do agree about perception, Moz. We don't know and may never know the full story.

Regarding KF, I feel exactly the same way with him. If it's the case he has put the money first despite receiving a good offer from Manly then my attitude is no different to him.

Personall, yes I'd be happier to release both of them IF that's the way they were, and look towards the future and building new players in there. I can live with poorer results on field for awhile as opposed to pamper any mercenary. But yeah, it's all just preferences and opinions.

**** them both off and plan for the future.

IMO Foran was heaps more disrespectful and a liar. **** off!!!!!!!!!!

Th
Guys, one game. Well actually two but the first one seems to be glossed over.

Cherry is only right for the right money. And that means money that allows us to address the issues with the pack. That of course might not be right money for DCE. If they offered him 800k the. That's about the most I'd want them paying. If Reynolds is on 500K and kicks goals like a stud too then 1M for DCE regardless of last night is just too much. We don't want to turn into the Cowboys...
thank god someone is sane. Was his first good game in 8 games of football for us. Would not pay over 750k for him. Thought the forwards were outstanding and laid the platform for him AND Mateo.Daly is going to play out of his skin to PROVE he is worth the stupid money titans threw at him, not because of his passion for this great club

We still need clarity on the rumour posted on this site that the NRL paid $2M to DCE on top of his contract with Titans. If that's true, that is a scandal of the highest order.

It's not too late in my opinion to do what we have to do to keep DCE.

Kelly will be a part of Manly folklore if he can get him to reverse his decision.

We still need clarity on the rumour posted on this site that the NRL paid $2M to DCE on top of his contract with Titans. If that's true, that is a scandal of the highest order.

It's not too late in my opinion to do what we have to do to keep DCE.

Kelly will be a part of Manly folklore if he can get him to reverse his decision.

Kelly will be part of Manly folklore if he CAN'T.

I get the feeling that this Halves signing dramas is far from over.

You just get the feeling that foz is going to drag out his decision for a few more weeks and then if he has left manly has a interesting decision to make - if they try get DCE to pull the titans contract.

Also the titans now supposedly have 2 more players in trouble, the club just got hammered 40 nil and they seem to be a mess.

Kind of wonder if DCE will second guess his decision.

In any case if I was the club I would try get my hand on elgey ASAP.

Pay Cherry? Piss him off - he doesn't want to be here & the only loyalty he has is to his wallet.
Would rather wallow in sewage than pay him anymore than he's already on here.
Piss off to the titans & count your money & your wooden spoons.

Last edited:
It's no point throwing more money at employees who don't want to work here
It seemed to me from the Sterlo interview that he did want to work here. The club not only significantly reduced the offer he said he'd agreed to but also told him he was free to look elsewhere. To me, that was the real scandal. If anyone I worked for suggested I look elsewhere I'd assume they didn't want me, not the other way around.

Well there is a difference if they said this is how much we'll pay you and if you want more look elsewhere. Plenty of companies will only pay up to a certain amount for certain skills and if you want more then you look elsewhere...

For 1mil or 1.2 mil daly needs to play BETTER than that EVERY game of every season. Not one in 10.
Don't forget he has held us to ransom at every chance he has got, not just this year.
Get Elgey ( this kid is going to kill nrl ) and bolster our pack and secure our juniors.
I love everyone's passion but man, go back and look at his last 8 or 9 games. He hasn't been up to scratch.

It seemed to me from the Sterlo interview that he did want to work here. The club not only significantly reduced the offer he said he'd agreed to but also told him he was free to look elsewhere. To me, that was the real scandal. If anyone I worked for suggested I look elsewhere I'd assume they didn't want me, not the other way around.

No one suggested that he look elsewhere the owners made it clear they wanted to sign him before Christmas they couldn't offer a contract fir gift because they wanted to secure the 2 halves first a lot was made of them being the future of manly they were offered contracts. If you want to stay you don't publicly parade yourself around other potential employers

I thought they set a deadline....neither dce nor his mgt could even be bothered to contact them before it expired....nor the 2 days after that.

So it's a bit rich (like dce is gunna be....lol) for him to act all surprised about the offer being pulled.

If what J.kelly said is true n stuff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4