2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Get lost troll

Box Troll.
boxtrolls.jpg

I have been thinking this all off season and have mentioned it in some other posts. DCE is a once in a generation player. Sometimes in life in business in football you have to pay top dollar for good quality assets. I don't get why we didn't just pay DCE what he was worth and sign him up for 4 years.

With DCE and the team we have plus guns like the turbos coming through we would be top 4 for the next 5 years

Foran apparently agreed to terms with the eels 6 months ago so we shouldn't have even wasted our time negotiating with him. DCE should
Have always been the priority and from what he said on sterlo he is just one of those blokes who want the cash.

So get on the phone Joe Kelly and offer him the same as Gold Coast offered or more and let's keep him.

I love Foran - hes the heart of a team I always admired.

Foran can **** off to watamouths scrub team tomorrow.

Dichotomy anyone?

We have to carefully consider our position with DCE. I rate him as the best defensive half in the game and definitely the most creative.

By the sounds of it, DCE was close to re-signing with us last year but that changed when the club admin decided to play hardball. The amount that he would have agreed to is also significantly less than what Foran is reported to have agreed to from Parramatta.

If we are going to try and change his mind then it will have to be immediate. He is going to be harder to bring back if we leave him more time to plan moving his personal life to GC.

The fact is if Foran played instead of Cherry we don't get to 24 points. Foran is Travis Burns 2.0. Let the westies have him.

I always saw Travis as less of a mercenary he wanted to stay and we moved him long and he always gave 100% not sure forans been doing that

I always saw Travis as less of a mercenary he wanted to stay and we moved him long and he always gave 100% not sure forans been doing that

Oh your worshipfulness

Burns was offered a ****ton of dosh to go to nq and manly wouldn't even go into the same ballpark as they had so he left and admitted it was all about the money

I still miss Burns

As good a player DCE is, he's been toxic to our club for the last two to three years.
He's not a Manly man and has not much affinity with our club.
Let the dude leave when he wants to.
I rather someone who wants to stay at our grand club than someone who's coerced to stay via money.

Last week most clowns on this site were saying what a dog Daly was and doubted his committment to the club and how well Keiran had gone about his contract negotiations.

What a difference a week makes?

Daly has a great game and showed the way he's going to put in for the club (which I never doubted he would) , Keiran's injured can't show the same and is now a dog and an ordinary player?

Fickle people, fickle.

whether they are leaving or not they are still both Manly players and will put in. and foran is close to if not the best 5/8 in the game- name the better ones/

There is little difference between a 6 and a 7 these days. A 6 can play 7 easily, and vice versa. Perhaps we should just combine them all in the NRL, and then ask if any are better than Foran?

I have always thought that Daly was worth more than Foran in value to the club. His off the cuff plays, his vision, his kicking game, both drop outs and gaining meters when kicking for touch, his passing game.

He is just as tough as Foran. His defence is as good as Foran's. His commitment on the field is as good as Foran's.

When it comes to the two of them, I think DCE has him covered when it comes to value in return for investment made by the club.

Prediction ; Daly Cherry-Evans will be a man on a mission this year. He will take us all the way to the top, and he will sink the Blues at SOO time.

The personal attacks he has endured through this contract business will make him harder as an individual, and as a player.

It's a massive price to pay, but Manly may have just given Daly the kick he needed to take his game to the next level.

Cooper Cronk may never forgive us for this....LOL!!

It just amazes me the amount of back flipping people are doing over DCE and Foran. And being passionate Manly fans I also understand it at the same time. Hurt and anger makes it difficult to think clearly. A win makes things look rosey.

However, I still stand by my opinion of DCE and the way things have gone down. I'm old school and have no time for a self-absorbed self-serving attitude of any player on the Manly team. I've said it before... we apparently offered more than enough for DCE to say thanks, I'm staying with the team that believed in me and developed me. If DCE would prefer to make extra K by going somewhere like the Titans then I'm not interested in this sort of attitude/energy being part of my club. It's fine if that's what rocks his boat and I wish him well, but it's not what I want my team to be about. I want players who love this club and commit because they believe in more than just a buck.

Now, I share this, understanding I don't know all the inside mechanisms of what's happened. I'm open to the possibility that DCE is a loyal committed team player who suffered at the hands of a change in management strategy... However, im not yet convinced this is the case and no matter how well he does on the field this year for us I have my doubts and questions. In the end, I would accept not reaching future finals in exchange for blooding new young talent than pamper to any mercenaries.

For me, it's not about winning... It's about standing for something. It's about integrity, commitment, sacrifice and mateship. Its about love and passion. If I'm wrong about DCE and he was about these things, but suffered at the hands of an evil greedy new management, I'll put up my hand and take responsibility for my incorrect judgement... but, I'm not seeing it to be honest.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2