2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly will probably reduce his offer as he only lasted just over 1 game!!

Here we go again. Young Tom T. has chosen not to extend his contract beyond 2016, allowing his management to 'test' the market. When will this Manly admin learn.

There are two things that hold a player to a club. One is they want to stay and the other that the money offered is within the ball park of other offers.

For a long time players wanted to stay at Manly. The camaraderie was good, the coaching good, the Board OK, things were all hunky dory. So when contracts had to be signed, Manly could be sure they would hold onto their players as long as their offer was within the ball park.

But the deteriorating mood in the club. almost totally brought about by its dysfunctional board has gradually changed to attitude of the players. While they were a tight playing group, the dysfunctions of the Board were just an irritation. But year by year its got worse until it is now destroying the camaraderie that had developed over decades. I realise that the salary cap is the catalyst, but it is more than that. It is also how the Board handles these issues.

I get the feeling that this Board sees it players as cattle, not part of a family. The players know this. The family atmosphere instilled by Arthurson is being dismantled by business only principles.

Little wonder players and staff are jumping what seems a sinking ship. No wonder the Board is having such problems signing players internally and externally. The word is out. Manly is on the nose.

We have kids of talent coming through the ranks. When contract deals are being offered where would you go if the offers were similar or at least in the ball park. Manly's ace that people wanted to stay has vanished.

This Board and perhaps the ownership needs a total rebooting, otherwise Manly as a club is destined for the distant also-rans for years or worse. Get your act together Penns or get out.

Where did you read / see this?

The Tom T. article was just released on Zero Tackle. As for the rest, extrapolation Ryan. Read between the lines about what has been happening at Manly since 2011. Its been developing for the past five years. Just have to look at who they've brought in and who they've lost and the expressed feeling of so many who have left, are leaving or seemingly want to leave. players and staff included.

Young Trbojevic signed on until 2016 a while back and stated that despite much better offers from Canterbury in particular, his heart belonged to Manly. Now he's wanting to test the market. Do you detect an attitudinal change?

I just don't see that he is "testing the market" in that article. The Roosters ATTEMPTED to make a play for Tom. Did they land him? It would have been announced BIG time. Also, a few weeks before Tom's debut was around 4-5 weeks ago mate.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. See article below:-

Roosters tried - they failed.

"The Roosters made a play for rising Manly star Tom Trbojevic just weeks before he made his NRL debut. The tri-colours have been resigned to losing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to the Warriors for some time and have been exploring other options.

Trbojevic made a stellar first-grade debut against Canberra last weekend, scoring two tries in a beaten side.

The Sea Eagles want to extend his contract beyond 2016 but his management is in no rush, knowing his price will only rise the longer they hold off.

The Roosters are trying to extend the contract of their own young gun, 17-year-old Lutrell Mitchell, and are also attempting to poach Alex Johnston from arch-rivals South Sydney.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/race-for-rising-star-trbojevic-17052/#ixzz3X3jhSLBF

The roosters really don't need him, Lutrell Mitchell is their future star, plus I think they'll sign Johnston.
I don't read that as him wanting to test the open market, I feel it's just him backing himself to earn a better Manly contract.

Tom T is contracted to us for next year. He is a local junior and the family are long time supporters of the club. He will stay.

zero tackle - their cred is in their title.

And what player on the rise wouldn't naturally want to do that to get the most out of the club they are looking to play for, for many years. Kids a passionate local junior. I'd have him over Hopoate any day - put it that way.

Jake and Tom T plus Clint Gutherson will be part of the club for many years. We have already selected all Three in first grade and basically told them they will be part of our future.

No question they are seen as part of Manly's future and hopefully they will sign long term (Gutherson is off contract at the end of this year by the way). I'm merely pointing out an impression I'm getting about those in charge of this club. If it was just one or two members of the Manly team of late and the support staff getting sour about the club, I would accept just personality issues. But it has been more than a couple.

I'm just saying that if Manly wants to rebuild effectively and hold onto its kids, I suspect the powers need to take a step or two backwards and start treating the squad with more respect. This has nothing to do with the loyalty TT, JT and Guth feel towards the club. Its not about them, its about Penn and co.

Guys, please leave this thread for signings stuff and do the team/game type chat in the main forum threads. Cheers.
Bump!
Please put discussions about the board/clubs ills etc into one of the million existing threads - so this remains a thread where we can check at a moments notice any new rumoured or confirmed signings.

SeaEagleRock8 this is about new rumoured and confirmed signings. In fact its central to the issue. What is the discussion about Tom T., about if or if not he will sign, whether Toovey will stay, what the causes of players leaving and what is limiting the recruitment of players today at Manly. It is precisely about the question of Manly recruitments or have I missed something somewhere.

Well Todd Carney would be an absolutely fantastic start. If we could then acquire the U.K. half, I dont think we have gone backwards, put it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11