2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just heard on the grapevine that Manly u20s and Australian Schoolboy, Local Junior Charlie Taylor has just signed a 2 year lucrative deal at the Roosters disappointing that he has gone as Manly could have used him. An absolute flying speedster and tough Matai style in defence. Will go all the way to the top this kid

Harry said:
Just heard on the grapevine that Manly u20s and Australian Schoolboy, Local Junior Charlie Taylor has just signed a 2 year lucrative deal at the Roosters disappointing that he has gone as Manly could have used him. An absolute flying speedster and tough Matai style in defence. Will go all the way to the top this kid

Yeah I heard he was off to the Parramatta but either way he is a loss. I thought he would have been a priority with both our centres getting on in years.

Mavin said:
Harry said:

Yeah I heard he was off to the Parramatta but either way he is a loss. I thought he would have been a priority with both our centres getting on in years.

I agree and especially a born bred local junior. I heard there were a lot of clubs after him especially being a fast outside back that can play anywhere. I think Manly wait too long to give their juniors a go and there are more opportunities elsewhere nowadays. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was another Manly Youngster

Harry said:
Mavin said:
Harry said:

I agree and especially a born bred local junior. I heard there were a lot of clubs after him especially being a fast outside back that can play anywhere. I think Manly wait too long to give their juniors a go and there are more opportunities elsewhere nowadays. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was another Manly Youngster
I agree we used to never loose players now I know it's different with the salary cap and all but we seem reluctant and it always seems like the last resort for us to blood a youngster. So what happens is that they are less likely to stay.

How can Easts afford to sign up all the most promising juniors? Seriously, HOW?
Do they work on a different salary cap for the Under 20's and reserve grade?
It really is a disgrace that we lose one of our juniors to this mob of poachers. We don;t produce that many, so when we do they MUST stay at Manly.

The Who said:
How can Easts afford to sign up all the most promising juniors? Seriously, HOW?
Do they work on a different salary cap for the Under 20's and reserve grade?
It really is a disgrace that we lose one of our juniors to this mob of poachers. We don;t produce that many, so when we do they MUST stay at Manly.

I don't know how it works technically but with Sonny Bill going and Minichiello retiring they must have the extra $$$$. All their teams / lower grades do so well and they have to as they wouldn't have it any other way, you don't hear of unrest at the club and they do look after their players, with the chairman Nick Politis is ranked among the most powerful, influential figures in rugby league for almost 40 years. Its a club with very good structure. I wish Manly follow some of their methods

Manly in recent years move far too slowly in tying up their juniors. Look at how fast the Tigers secured their young talent. Parramatta are also becoming fast at nabbing their best. SC, Parramatta and Canterbury are always hunting early for talent whether its legal or not.

Its not the salary cap that's doing this. Its poor management practices and an unwillingness to compete financially for our best kids. With Watmough about to go and possibly Matai, as well as King retiring, Manly should have a pocket full of cash.

We still havent heard if they have signed Jake Turbo, Gutherson, Jam-oate, Knight and a few others. WHY NOT? This should have been finalised ages ago. Even Buhrer and Symonds havent yet put pen to paper. What on Earth is the hold up. No wonder Manly lost Hasler, T-Rex, Hopoate, JWH, Whare and now apparently Taylor. MANLY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND STOP LIVING OFF THE PAST. SIGN YOUR KIDS.

Bearfax said:
Manly in recent years move far too slowly in tying up their juniors. Look at how fast the Tigers secured their young talent. Parramatta are also becoming fast at nabbing their best. SC, Parramatta and Canterbury are always hunting early for talent whether its legal or not.

Its not the salary cap that's doing this. Its poor management practices and an unwillingness to compete financially for our best kids. With Watmough about to go and possibly Matai, as well as King retiring, Manly should have a pocket full of cash.

We still havent heard if they have signed Jake Turbo, Gutherson, Jam-oate, Knight and a few others. WHY NOT? This should have been finalised ages ago. Even Buhrer and Symonds havent yet put pen to paper. What on Earth is the hold up. No wonder Manly lost Hasler, T-Rex, Hopoate, JWH, Whare and now apparently Taylor. MANLY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND STOP LIVING OFF THE PAST. SIGN YOUR KIDS.

So true. There needs to be an Investigation !!! And possibly clean out the joint and put some modern young heads in there that are with the times. There is no point having good talent being wasted in the lower grades when all their mates are making debuts in the top side for other clubs

Bearfax said:

Post of the year we just don't seem to care any more.

And I heard a few years ago that JWH was considered a limited talent by the club. If he plays for us last year, we win the comp! How the club let him go, I have no idea?!

Moops said:
And I heard a few years ago that JWH was considered a limited talent by the club. If he plays for us last year, we win the comp! How the club let him go, I have no idea?!

And souths Luke Keary was cut from Manly when he played SG Ball as they said he was no good. Lol

Peter O'sullivan is the roosters junior recruitment officer. Ex storm recruitment who supposedly uses unfair (brown paper bags) to entice juniors to play for the roosters.

We cannot compete money wise.

The roosters also just signed an under 20s prop from the warriors called Papailli who scored three tries against us this year. Future star

This is the sort of prop we need but we cannot compete at junior level unless we pay them in our top 25 squad

tookey said:
Peter O'sullivan is the roosters junior recruitment officer. Ex storm recruitment who supposedly uses unfair (brown paper bags) to entice juniors to play for the roosters.

The roosters also just signed an under 20s prop from the warriors called Papailli who scored three tries against us this year. Future star

This is the sort of prop we need but we cannot compete at junior level unless we pay them in our top 25 squad
It all sounds like an excuse to me. I have an idea maybe they are just more professional than us.
It is not just the money the feeling that our juniors get at the moment is they are the last resort.

Mavin said:
tookey said:

It all sounds like an excuse to me. I have an idea maybe they are just more professional than us.
It is not just the money the feeling that our juniors get at the moment is they are the last resort.

We can't even get good coaches for our lower grades it looks like the no frills teams compared to the other clubs and its not good morale for the kids they want to try and win. We will lose other players as well

The club doesn't have any money for junior development because they don't and will never receive any funding from the leagues club again.

You can blame JWH leaving on Des who had a fascination with the ageing forward pack of King, Kite, Rose, Galavao, Cross, Rodney, Gift, Choc. All good players but he chose to resign the older guys first.
As for Keary not coming to Manly, where would he fit in anyway? The kid is overrated. Put Josh Mccrone behind souffs pack and he will look great.
Rumours of Taylor wanting out have been around since the start of the year. Good luck to the kid getting past Tupou and Nene McDonald who is a freak.

Pepi said:
You can blame JWH leaving on Des who had a fascination with the ageing forward pack of King, Kite, Rose, Galavao, Cross, Rodney, Gift, Choc. All good players but he chose to resign the older guys first.
As for Keary not coming to Manly, where would he fit in anyway? The kid is overrated. Put Josh Mccrone behind souffs pack and he will look great.
Rumours of Taylor wanting out have been around since the start of the year. Good luck to the kid getting past Tupou and Nene McDonald who is a freak.

Yes good luck to him bloody shame though. Could see him and the other youngsters at the Roosters getting some game time when rep games are on including the nines, something Manly should do and give some of their 20s a run. You have to be a bloody good player for the Roosters to want you as they don't pick rubbish either.

I heard from a very reliable source whose son is in Flegg at another club that Roosters are now identifying the top 2-3 kids at each club and making big plays at them. Literally skimming the cream of the crop.

Darren said:
I heard from a very reliable source whose son is in Flegg at another club that Roosters are now identifying the top 2-3 kids at each club and making big plays at them. Literally skimming the cream of the crop.

If it's true very smart

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8