2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
Do you really believe Williamson has any control over who plays for him, or how they play?
Being the coach he would be responsible on how they play like any coach would. Why do the players just turn up ?

Harry said:
Stevo said:
Do you really believe Williamson has any control over who plays for him, or how they play?
Being the coach he would be responsible on how they play like any coach would. Why do the players just turn up ?

You would have to think Tooves has the ultimate control. For example it is not likely that Willo would say "lets play an expansive game today" if Tooves would not mandate it

Yes he would manage the game day but i would think there is little outside of that he would have control over

Sea Eagles lock in the future as Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and more commit to Club.

The Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are proud to announce they have recently secured the ongoing services of a number of key personnel for 2016 and beyond.

Forwards Jamie Buhrer, Brenton Lawrence and Tom Symonds have all committed to extending their stay at the Club, as well as flying winger and City Origin representative Jorge Taufua.

Finally, local brotherly-duo, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, have also extended their stay on the peninsula with deals ensuring they remain at the Club until the end of the 2016 season.

lsz said:
Harry said:
Stevo said:

You would have to think Tooves has the ultimate control. For example it is not likely that Willo would say "lets play an expansive game today" if Tooves would not mandate it

Yes he would manage the game day but i would think there is little outside of that he would have control over

Exactly.

He has bugger all choice who plays for him. Players are recruited and put into his squad.

He also coaches the team the way he is told to coach the team and he coaches players the way he is told to coach them.

It's about getting players ready to play first grade in the style of the first grade side and it's about coaching things into players that might be a shortfall in their game.

He is going into his 5th season as lower grade coach next year. Must be doing something right.

We've recently been called the most successful club of the last decade. And not 1 person in Australia gives a $hit how our lower grades went.

I can't see how you can say "he must be doing something right" when his results are Ricky Stuart-like.
The players in our NSW Cup team are very good, and they all perform well when promoted to first grade, and yet they don't put in when playing under Willo. The blame has to be sheeted back to him, especially after five unsuccessful years.

Game, Set and Match. Thank you Linesman thank you Ballboys.

You have just backed me up without even trying.

"and they all perform well when promoted to first grade"

Toovey, Perry and co must be incompetent. Employing someone for 5 years who is **** house.

Stevo said:
lsz said:
Harry said:
Stevo said:

Exactly.

He has bugger all choice who plays for him. Players are recruited and put into his squad.

He also coaches the team the way he is told to coach the team and he coaches players the way he is told to coach them.

It's about getting players ready to play first grade in the style of the first grade side and it's about coaching things into players that might be a shortfall in their game.

He is going into his 5th season as lower grade coach next year. Must be doing something right.

We've recently been called the most successful club of the last decade. And not 1 person in Australia gives a $hit how our lower grades went.
Well maybe future Sponsors might and what about the kids in the lower grades ? Pretty poor attitude if the club thinks like that. You might as well not have any juniors

Steve we've been having this convo for years. Willow keeps pulling out the players perform well in the top grade card. Is that Willows doing, or the combined sessions when Toov's is coach. Good up and coming players just do seem to want to play under him. Good Players play ordinary when he has the team sheet. A change is needed and with the reserves loosing record. It's long over due.

Cliffy said:
Steve we've been having this convo for years. Willow keeps pulling out the players perform well in the top grade card. Is that Willows doing, or the combined sessions when Toov's is coach. Good up and coming players just do seem to want to play under him. Good Players play ordinary when he has the team sheet. A change is needed and with the reserves loosing record. It's long over due.

Funny how , with all the leaks at our club, you do not hear it from current players only those who have left

I wonder why that is?

lsz said:
Cliffy said:

Funny how , with all the leaks at our club, you do not hear it from current players only those who have left

I wonder why that is?

Good Manly man, can't coach. Time for change!

Harry said:
Stevo said:
lsz said:
Harry said:
Stevo said:

Exactly.

Well maybe future Sponsors might and what about the kids in the lower grades ? Pretty poor attitude if the club thinks like that. You might as well not have any juniors

Do you seriously think Tooves has the time & energy to run first & reserves, it's simple, Willo run's his side, Tooves has multiple personality's to manage in the top grade, which was way too much this year, for even him to handle. Willo is Willo not a coach.

Stevo equals Willo fan, that's great but he'll be judged on results & his results are poor,.
If Tooves stood down 2morrow, guess what Willo's name wouldn't rate a mention.

Stevo equals Willo fan, that's great but he'll be judged on results & his results are poor,.

Great to see that finally Buhrer, Symonds, Lawrence. Tuafua, and Jake and Tom Trobojevic have put pen to paper until at least 2016. Looks like Knight is also still with us as well as John Hopoate jnr. But what of Jamil Hoppa and especially Gutherson. Anyone close to the action got word on them. Santini is also yet to resign apparently. Mason and Mateo may add grunt, and that's fine. But lets get the kids on board first. Sounds like we've already lost Taylor. Lets not lose any of the other potential stars

Manly set to sign mason, hannant and Mateo, news coming through that watmough has been given permission to leave this year! Matai set to resign, along with foran. George rose has been sounded out for a return to manly next year too............this was all in my dream last night.

bennyeagle said:
Manly set to sign mason, hannant and Mateo, news coming through that watmough has been given permission to leave this year! Matai set to resign, along with foran. George rose has been sounded out for a return to manly next year too............this was all in my dream last night.
God is dead

bennyeagle said:
God is dead

bennyeagle said:
God is dead

eagle40 said:
lsz said:
Cliffy said:

I wonder why that is?

Good Manly man, can't coach. Time for change!

Harry said:
Stevo said:
lsz said:
Harry said:

Exactly.

Do you seriously think Tooves has the time & energy to run first & reserves, it's simple, Willo run's his side, Tooves has multiple personality's to manage in the top grade, which was way too much this year, for even him to handle. Willo is Willo not a coach.

Wouldn't say I was a Willow fan at all. Have met him though and he is a good bloke.

I'm just a realist and have a fair idea what goes on inside a professional football club.

People have been saying for the last 4 years he's a crap coach and should be axed.

He's just been re-appointed for another year.

If lower grades results are what you are after go and support the Panthers or the Tigers. I'll take NRL success thanks.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8