1st November player scramble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty average group overall. The players that we might want will get extensions at their existing clubs or end up with the Dolphins. There is not much quality in the leftovers. I hope we retain Koula, Lawton, Trbojevic and potentially Davey, but the others can all probably move on after 2022. All teams need to evolve, and we are clearly in an evolution cycle right now. Fainu should also be retained subject to the result of his court case.

Last edited:
Another player who always supported the roosters and will fulfil a life long dream to play there even though other clubs will offer double what the roosters do.
Yeh mate - your probs right - seen that old story every year....almost like Groundhog Day

Pretty average group overall. The players that we might want will get extensions at their existing clubs or end up with the Dolphins. There is not much quality in the leftovers. I hope we retain Koula, Lawton, Trbojevic and potentially Davey, but the others can all probably move on after 2022. All teams need to evolve, and we are clearly in an evolution cycle right now.
I can't see olay or Marty being our forward leaders leading us to a title. As u said and I agree we are very much a unfinished product yet, we have the bones of a very good team just still a few puzzle pieces away from really competing for the title.

I can't see olay or Marty being our forward leaders leading us to a title. As u said and I agree we are very much a unfinished product yet, we have the bones of a very good team just still a few puzzle pieces away from really competing for the title.
The question is exactly who are the puzzle pieces? Are they all outside the club? Do we have any existing players (Koula, Tuipolotu, B Trbojevic) et al coming through next season who will do that for us?

I’d only have outright interest in Niukore.

Then pending outcome (or non-outcome) of Fainu case I’d consider Josh Hodgson (although he would be turning 33). No chance to get Starling as he would be Raider’s priority but that would probably push Hodgson out. He’s an experienced, smart player that could help increase our leadership ranks. Age and form would have to be the main factor. Many dummy halves go well even into their late careers and he seems fit still. I don’t think there are many quality dummy halves off contract and Hodgson at his best can be one of the best. If Fainu case never happens we might have to let him go. Then getting someone like Hodgson for 2 years on a modest contract could buy us time to find the next quality dummy half (croker could be first backup).

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t forget on the 1st November we’ll have a side with zero players trying to buy about 30 of them.

Could be very very interesting !!
As Brent Read revealed a few weeks ago, "you can talk to any player any time...you just can't put an offer in front of them".
I would imagine quite a few of the Dolphins targets are pretty much sorted already. It WILL be very interesting.

Did anyone notice Jetski's found a home, no prizes for guessing this one...St George.. the Club of the assorted discards. Apparently just for cover, in case anybody gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4