1 eyed eels are debating if Foran was worth the 1.2M per season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They might want to ask themselves if

Sandow is worth $550k
Hopoate $800K
Lussick $450K
Norman $500K

With Foran thats $3.5mil on 5 players, not including Watmough.

Note some of these guys are off contract end of this season.

Hoppas deal was 800k total over 2 years. Plus whatever they paid him while he was on his mormon mission I guess.

Foz has a chronic hamstring problem now, so imagine how much game time he will have in 2 years let alone 4.:cool:

Choc stays down after every tackle, plus he has that dodgy ankle/knee so another expensive benchwarmer by years end.:cool:

Manly is in the driving seat now as far as recruitment goes. Cashed up and waiting to pounce >:)

Just announced on 7 News that Choc is in hospital with an infected knee from the Dogs game - 4 more years on the Parra gravy train- suck on it :p

11054324_1670673066493663_8965003170362975107_n.jpg

Hoppas deal was 800k total over 2 years. that whatever they paid him while he was on his mormon mission I guess.
No way that Hoppa left Manly, a grand final winning team, to go to a **** of a club that hasn't won anything in 30 years for 400, 000 a year, no way.

I'm new here but loved eagles for many years, read this forum all the time but only decided to join today. I live on the Gold Coast and i can tell you now that Sezer WON"T be coming to Brookie but "the street corner tip" is that we have retaliated to the eels by getting Luke Kelly. I know Arthur will be pissed once he hears about this because i know he rates him.[/QUOT

Troll alert. Kelly you have got to be joking can't even make firsts with the perenia
I'm new here but loved eagles for many years, read this forum all the time but only decided to join today. I live on the Gold Coast and i can tell you now that Sezer WON"T be coming to Brookie but "the street corner tip" is that we have retaliated to the eels by getting Luke Kelly. I know Arthur will be pissed once he hears about this because i know he rates him.[/QUOT

Troll alert. Luke Kelly? I'm sure Arthur "Donga" will be pissed he will have to find someone else to sit on the bench for NSW Cup!

I can't blame eels fans for being excited, Foran is a huge signing. However $1.2 million per season is massive overs, even for them. They were desperate to get him and that's what it took.

I'm sure there were other factors; Arthur's coaching, being upset about the Glen Stewart saga, perhaps even a fresh challenge. However, I still think the money was the main thing. Put it this way, if the eels only offer him $700K, he doesn't come. If Manly upped their offer to $1.3 million, I'm sure the eels would have matched it. Who knows how much they were prepared to spend? In any case, if Manly offer more, he stays.

Thankfully, we didn't offer more as we couldn't justify that sort of money, for anybody. The best thing now is to move on. Now that he's finally confirmed his intentions, Manly can use his money for other players.

What's telling is the lack of gloating on here from doesntmatta fans.

I take that as meaning deep down they are shi**ing themselves about paying that much.

Feels good. ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6