Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
torana355 said:
I love Choc and i can understand some of the players frustrations but airing the clubs dirty laundry publicly is unforgivable. All the players that took pay cuts to keep our great team together would always have been remembered as club legends but they cant expect DCE to accept less money and they cant expect the club to magically keep Gifty. Now instead of being remembered as a Manly legend Chocs legacy will fade away to nothing. Its sad really.

+1

Pepi

Bencher
eagle40 said:
We were siting pretty this year, it was by how far, then the rot set in. Everything went south, a divided dressing room.

Yes we pay the 300k - we can spend his 650k on couple of quality forward's, without all the drama. Win, win

For 650k you could probably buy two players on the cusp of origin/country origin like Josh Jackson, Paul Vaughn, Jordan McLean, Hinchcliffe, Kane Evans etc.

Jesse sene lefao is a more than worthy replacement for anthony watnough. Jesse , tommy t , buhrer the fuhrer , our back row looks the good for 2015

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If he wants to go early..... is Manly allowed to ask any potential club to have to pay all he is owed? Or do we still have to pay a bit a la t-rex?

Maybe everything gets sorted and he has a ripper year next year?

Can't really sit him on the bench out of spite, I wouldn't think.

Pepi said:
eagle40 said:
We were siting pretty this year, it was by how far, then the rot set in. Everything went south, a divided dressing room.

Yes we pay the 300k - we can spend his 650k on couple of quality forward's, without all the drama. Win, win

hinchcliffe no no no way

For 650k you could probably buy two players on the cusp of origin/country origin like Josh Jackson, Paul Vaughn, Jordan McLean, Hinchcliffe, Kane Evans etc.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Great Manly players have exited to other clubs before but never with the acrimony that will follow if Choc goes. The only other one I can remember was Dale Shearer & he coped hell when he played at Brookie. He always regretted the move. If this does play out the way we are seeing and reading (& I caution still believing the media) then Choc's constant media comments will be blamed for our poor end of season showing. Like Des he will never be forgiven for what has happened. I just wonder though what all these people bagging the crap out of him will say if he stays on next year.

Brooke

Bencher
Didn't DCE earn $80,000 in his debut year for us. The year he helped guide us to a premiership win. Why shouldn't he get an upgrade after that! Watmough should have taken that into consideration when he was wingeing about him not taking a pay cut later.
Yet Manly has to pay $300,000 for watmough next year whether he plays for Manly or not.
Some double standards I think Choc.

mickqld said:
Great Manly players have exited to other clubs before but never with the acrimony that will follow if Choc goes. The only other one I can remember was Dale Shearer & he coped hell when he played at Brookie. He always regretted the move. If this does play out the way we are seeing and reading (& I caution still believing the media) then Choc's constant media comments will be blamed for our poor end of season showing. Like Des he will never be forgiven for what has happened. I just wonder though what all these people bagging the crap out of him will say if he stays on next year.
If he stays next year it will be a very long season. We will also risk losing DCE.

panash

Reserve Grader
People the writing was on the wall with the team performance.

Knocking off roosters twice , souths scumdogs 32-10 we were the team to beat and to win the GF.

Watmough killed DCE confidence persuaded others to avoid him and destroyed the will & passion of the team by dividing the team because he thought the club owes him.

You have to be joking to think he will stay , it would be the worst decision the club will make.

DCE the rising future would be a waste of time & money if watmough is around.

The team won't even make top 9 if the same negativity is around from per season !!

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
If they're talking DCE to Parra then ship Choc off there first and kill that rumour dead...

Brooke

Bencher
panash said:
People the writing was on the wall with the team performance.

Knocking off roosters twice , souths scumdogs 32-10 we were the team to beat and to win the GF.

Watmough killed DCE confidence persuaded others to avoid him and destroyed the will & passion of the team by dividing the team because he thought the club owes him.

You have to be joking to think he will stay , it would be the worst decision the club will make.

DCE the rising future would be a waste of time & money if watmough is around.

The team won't even make top 9 if the same negativity is around from per season !!

susan

Bencher
The only reason he will stay is if he doesn't get the cash he wants.Hardly a great result for the club and definitely not something to crow about for those defending his behaviour.To suggest him staying will be down to loyalty is plain wrong.Love the bloke as a player but his feats on the field are now not worth the angst he causes off it.Make no mistake...it is not a DT myth...he started this garbage and him going should be the start of ending it.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Pre game Choc said, 'It's my best mate Brett Stewart's 200th."
Will any club based Choc decisions influence Brett? We need Brett Stewart.
Very disappointed in Choc.
I wish someone could have given him some advice about the future.
Seems like he wouldn't have listened though.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
Choc is off to Parra from 2016, the only question left to answer is will Manly grant him a release from his 2015 contract ?
The answer is a definate YES!
Manly owe him 300k from previous years, if he is granted a release, as he wants,he leaves with 300k that is all.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
susan said:
The only reason he will stay is if he doesn't get the cash he wants.Hardly a great result for the club and definitely not something to crow about for those defending his behaviour.To suggest him staying will be down to loyalty is plain wrong.Love the bloke as a player but his feats on the field are now not worth the angst he causes off it.Make no mistake...it is not a DT myth...he started this garbage and him going should be the start of ending it.

I will now be disappointed if he doesn't go.

Love what he's done in the past, but he's stained his record in the last two months , acting like a tempestuous 3 year old, not someone in their 30's.

Hope your friendship with the Stewarts warms your heart in the years to come Choc because you won't find much love from a lot of Manly fans.

You know the funny thing is had he just come out and said he didn't want to be there ( for those reasons ) many would have supported him.

It's the way he's gone about things that have changed attitudes.

Mavin

Bencher
Yep see you later choc you have been a good player in a great side now hit the road. You neither have the passion for the jersey or the class of Beaver. Beaver could have left when the northern eagles crap went down but he stuck solid and even when he was forced out (he wanted another year) he never sooked to the media.

MANLY4LIFE said:
Let's just say it's a done deal, the only sticking point is we want his 300k paid out by parra to release him for 2015 .

It can't be paid out by parra it is in our cap for next year because it is payments he is due. So no matter what it is in our cap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16