Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They'll all stay because once the dust settles and they've had a break they'll realise they've got unfinished business to do here.

Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

The most expensive Reggie in the history of the game!!!

Doubt it, if he stays he'll play and probably do a good job....gee at $40,000 a game he'd want to.

Imagine getting $40K a week, each and every week for 6 months....I worked for 42 years to save up not much more than that to have to live off for the next 20 years.

Its why I get more than a little bit angry when egotistical players don't put in.

Watmough has been putting in even with all the outside issues and injury.

There is a soft underbelly of youth and "newish players" that needs to harden up fast if we are to remain in the top 8.

The senior players need to understand their role also and set a better example or leave, sometimes people want a fresh start for all the wrong reasons just for the sake of change which tends to be a temporary high.

The part which has always worried me more is if Toovey has that aura that makes players want to stay or play under him like Bellamy,Hasler,Robinson,Maguire,Bennet etc.

Can he make players grow as a person and lift them to new highs this is what might attract Foran and other players away looking for a new challenge and a new way to motivate the fire and passion from within.

Mavin said:
bob dylan said:
I am 100% confident his on field performance will be of its usual high standard. No question about it.

It's the off field that worries me, and the influence he might have on team morale.

Spot on he and his manager have us over a barrel and parra know this also. Tough decision release him (and burn some cash) or keep him and risk another season disrupted.

And burn fans and sponsors along the way.

Technical Coach said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

Doubt it, if he stays he'll play and probably do a good job....gee at $40,000 a game he'd want to.

Imagine getting $40K a week, each and every week for 6 months....I worked for 42 years to save up not much more than that to have to live off for the next 20 years.

Its why I get more than a little bit angry when egotistical players don't put in.

There is a soft underbelly of youth and "newish players" that needs to harden up fast if we are to remain in the top 8.

The senior players need to understand their role also and set a better example or leave, sometimes people want a fresh start for all the wrong reasons just for the sake of change which tends to be a temporary high.

The part which has always worried me more is if Toovey has that aura that makes players want to stay or play under him like Bellamy,Hasler,Robinson,Maguire,Bennet etc.

Can he make players grow as a person and lift them to new highs this is what might attract Foran and other players away looking for a new challenge and a new way to motivate the fire and passion from within.

No, he can't. I said this 18 months ago, but got torn to ribbons. I even made apologies along the way as we fared well throughout the season proper. Now we are seeing how loyal players want to be to Geoff Toovey.

Ryan said:
Mavin said:
bob dylan said:
I am 100% confident his on field performance will be of its usual high standard. No question about it.

It's the off field that worries me, and the influence he might have on team morale.

Spot on he and his manager have us over a barrel and parra know this also. Tough decision release him (and burn some cash) or keep him and risk another season disrupted.

Technical Coach said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

No, he can't. I said this 18 months ago, but got torn to ribbons. I even made apologies along the way as we fared well throughout the season proper. Now we are seeing how loyal players want to be to Geoff Toovey.

Hate campaign is what I see

The club and board made this problem and Toovey can't just make it vanish without saying goodbye to multiple players, everyone has been saying he's coaching Haslers team which is a lose lose situation

If he won a comp it'd be Dessies hard work

If he didn't it's because he is ****

Both reasons fail in a monumental fashion

The hunger isn't as great as it once was
The board has sucked even worse, get rid of the fridginator
Desmonds parting gift aka backended deals
Anthony Watmough and the bull**** he brings off field
Injuries to key players

All of the above are great excuses, which he hasn't used and each of them is worthy on its own

2 preliminaries
1 gf appearance
a second with week 2 elimination

On those merits alone he still deserves unreserved support and anyone who believes the bull**** that Slothfield writes needs their head examined

cherry_poppins said:
Ryan said:
Mavin said:
bob dylan said:

Technical Coach said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

Hate campaign is what I see

The club and board made this problem and Toovey can't just make it vanish without saying goodbye to multiple players, everyone has been saying he's coaching Haslers team which is a lose lose situation

If he won a comp it'd be Dessies hard work

If he didn't it's because he is ...

Both reasons fail in a monumental fashion

The hunger isn't as great as it once was
The board has sucked even worse, get rid of the fridginator
Desmonds parting gift aka backended deals
Anthony Watmough and the bull**** he brings off field
Injuries to key players

All of the above are great excuses, which he hasn't used and each of them is worthy on its own

2 preliminaries
1 gf appearance
a second with week 2 elimination

On those merits alone he still deserves unreserved support and anyone who believes the bull**** that Slothfield writes needs their head examined

In terms of team performance and adding elements to our attack this past 2 years I think Toovey has done a fine job. Hasler would not have bettered what Toovey has achieved with the forward depth we have and salary cap issues.

The test for Toovey's credentials starts now being able to replenish our forward stocks and replace our ageing stars with quality from within or through the market this is the area I have my doubts.

Tactically I don't think Toovey has done too bad with the squad he has inherited.

Ryan I think you are being way too hard on Toovey comparing win ratios in finals games when Hasler had greater forward depth plus financial resources (that were putting a drain on finances by the looks of it) and younger senior players still motivated by success and not their last pay days.

Judging Toovey can only be done when we see the new generation take over and if our recruitment is bang on target.

Hasler pretty much started on a clean slate which in some ways is an advantage(yes some major disadvantages also) and did not have to go through a transition phase like Toovey is currently in the process of.

Even in business sometimes the growth stage is easier than the transition phase from maturity into decline or renewal.

Some of the best leaders of companies lose their jobs during this transition process---who is to say Hasler would be performing at the same levels as Toovey "currently" is during the same cycle.

Hasler has pretty much started fresh at both clubs and built the foundations for growth but has not had to deal with going from maturity into decline or renewal.

At the Bulldogs I admit it was not completely starting off fresh but Hasler was new to the club, had fresh plans and a task to turn a club in decline or stagnating around--- not a club on the rise or in maturity and to keep moving forward.

Like every finals series its all down to who is fit and fresh.

Manly were spent a month from the finals and it showed.

The dogs had the cue in the rack, waiting for the finals. They are feasting on the underdog tag and dont forget that they got there in 2012.

Souffs have looked ominous since the end of Origin and have been the most consistent team since then.

I think realistically, Manly were gonna struggle to beat Souffs with our injuries to key players and disunity which was a big contributor to our falling short when it counted.

Toovey did his best but to be fair he was swimming against the tide for the last 3rd of the season.

The club will learn a lot, make the necessary changes and be back and challenging again.

Ryan said:
Mavin said:
bob dylan said:

Technical Coach said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
cherry_poppins said:
Reggies for choc?

You mean loyal like the 6 players who just re-signed including 2 of the hottest local young talents we've had in a generation?

Bag Toovey at your own peril; the guy puts his heart and soul into the club. He had his face stomped on with metal studs, trying to win us a GF in 97 for crying out loud. He has one of the biggest tickers of any man to play the game. Tough decisions are not going to worry a bloke like Tooves; he is hard as nails.

Snake said:
Bag Toovey at your own peril; the guy puts his heart and soul into the club. He had his face stomped on with metal studs, trying to win us a GF in 97 for crying out loud. He has one of the biggest tickers of any man to play the game. Tough decisions are not going to worry a bloke like Tooves; he is hard as nails.

In Tooves we Trust ! The Club is in good hands. If Bob Fulton only knew when he said, Manly will not need another half back for the next ten years, he is Manly, he will coach until he says no more. This is his time know, the season is over and a few players have their papers marked,this ****e won't happen again. Players can't run the Club, Tooves will !

I suspect that Toovey is destined to be Manly's next Arthurson. I can see him moving into management in the club.

Bearfax said:
I suspect that Toovey is destined to be Manly's next Arthurson. I can see him moving into management in the club.

He certainly has the brains to do it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8