Game Day: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well, hopefully we learn from that. Des needs to get into Cherry’s ear about panic football and kicking on zero and 2nd tackles when attacking in the 20. Also, putting Api back on at that time when we had momentum was weird, especially given he is a dummy half.

That might make us fire up against the Tigers and Raiders.
Cherry will always panic and make bad decisions under pressure. It just seems to be in his DNA. I really can’t fault his effort though. We need our forwards to be on top to get the best out of Cherry.

Perhaps Tom's been reading his headlines
Turns out Turbo is not Invincible :giggle:

Turbo had a bad game in a Team of baddies :confused:

Why he persisted with tipoffs and kicks up the middle is a mystery :rolleyes:

Their centres and 5/8 were always running out of the line and Manly never thought to kick behind them :fubar:

Oh well, should be a big wake up call :nerd:

Any gold coasters get stuck in the sht awful traffic this arvo. Infrastructure on southern gold coast is as farcical as that performance.

Is there any update on Red? Tbh the crap weather always evens games up. Warriors were playing for their season and prob wanted it a bit more. Funny thing is they stopped us with our own defensive pattern. The good old up and in. Due to the weather everything was a bit slower. Also some might not agree but the last two weeks we have been matched or beaten early in the forward battle, which slows down the run through the middle. A dry track and we win that game with ease. I also thought the fact one of their players wasn’t binned in the first half was big. We jag a try in the first half and it’s a different game. Some complain that it took for Blair to be binned to get our run on however I thought they could have had a couple in the bin in the first half they were infringing that badly. Oh well tigers on thurs is now a must win. With the top 4 playing each other on Sunday, no prick was talking about us this week anyway. Oh well back under the radar, just the way we like it.

The better team won on the night and credit to their coach for doing his homework on shutting us down especially in the conditions but I ask just one question: does DCE in an attacking position kick on the first of seven tackles if he's playing for QLD vs NSW?

Ambush? Better side on night won. With hindsight, it may have been useful to take the early penalty goals. At least our attack had some spark towards the end. Seems Garrick has his goal kicking eye back in :clap:

On to next week and the Tigers! Payback needed as they have beaten us three times in a row (at least). If Parker is out, I think now is the time to blood Funa with Walker staying at five eighth - IMO, he played well in the first part of the game.

Interesting that Des praised Harris-Tavita pre game. I had the feeling he was worried about this game. He similarly praised the Titans attack prior to the Brookie clash earlier in the season.

Congratulations to the Warriors. Came up with a game plan to nullify our attack and executed it beautifully. Their own attack was just as good.
You never congratulate the opposition, especially the Maoriors, unless you want to be considered a good sport.

We’re building for the future. At the beginning of the year the fringes of the 8 would have been great. Even now 5 or 6 would be a very good result. If they can win one finals match we should be very happy. Tonight just gives another measure for how we are going, and we are going well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11