Warriors coach sacked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
After watching the Warriors heartless 40 - 12 loss to the Bunnies and looking at Kearnys past results
2015 Parra finished 12th
2016 parra 14th
2017 Warriors finished 13th
2018 8th
2019 13th
I can understand why they let him Go and personally I cant see him ever getting another coaching Gig in the NRL . Great player but not a Great coach that the Warriors need to make a mark in the NRL

Trouble is if they hold onto this juniors, they kill their careers, and a lot of the juniors have no interest in playing for them

Couple of stories here, I went to school with a player who ended up playing NRL and test footy. Signed with the Warriors for 20k, Roosters said here is 100k and guess where he went, so there is a money element to it as you say

That was a long time ago, this one is more current. Have been watching 1 of the best juniors I’ve seen the past few years, playing men’s footy at 16, and he absolutely brains them. Warriors were very keen but he wouldn’t go near them, Brisbane wined and dined him and he moved over there at the start of this year
Bris wine and dine every junior with a shred of talent in Qld. Sounds like they’ve expanded their recruitment strategy offshore.

Bris wine and dine every junior with a shred of talent in Qld. Sounds like they’ve expanded their recruitment strategy offshore.

Think they are reasonably active here, they got Isaako a few years back too

The boy I’m talking about is named Caius Fa’atilli, huge potential, had a junior deal with the Cowboys before Brisbane swooped in

After watching the Warriors heartless 40 - 12 loss to the Bunnies and looking at Kearnys past results
2015 Parra finished 12th
2016 parra 14th
2017 Warriors finished 13th
2018 8th
2019 13th
I can understand why they let him Go and personally I cant see him ever getting another coaching Gig in the NRL . Great player but not a Great coach that the Warriors need to make a mark in the NRL
Give Kearney the Roosters squad and watch him win 90% of matches and instantly become a "Great Coach".....not rating him the worlds best ever coach, but I don't think many would have got any better results or had their team trying as hard to start 2020, based on the players he has to work with.

Last edited:
Pretty rough on Kearney - he has the toughest task out of all the coaches in the NRL given the special circumstances the Warriors find themselves in with isolation. One might argue that separation from family would weigh more heavily on their players for cultural reasons

Seems like a real slap in the face - surely there was a better way of handling it. Did they really expect to make the finals this year ?? This could blow their season up completely. Can you still get on them for the wooden spoon.

Give Kearney the Roosters squad and watch him win 90% of matches and instantly become a "Great Coach".....not rating him the worlds best ever coach, but I don't think many would have got any better results or had their team trying as hard to start 2020, based on the players he has to work with.
The moral of the story Sexy Maxy ....
It is not about the size of your dog squad . It is all about the fight in the size of your dog squad that counts .
Kearny could not get the most out of his dogs and his track record shows this
An ordinary coach can take over a Premiership winning squad and get results
But it takes a Great coach to build a Premiership winning culture .

Warriors players and staff were distraught after learning of the abrupt end to Stephen Kearney’s tenure and interim coach Todd Payten won’t rule out the possibility that some may want to return home to New Zealand.

After receiving a phone call from Warriors CEO Cameron George at 9.30am on Saturday to advise Kearney’s contract had been terminated and the club wanted him to take over in a caretaker role, Payten likened the mood in the team camp to a "death in the family".

The moral of the story Sexy Maxy ....
It is not about the size of your dog squad . It is all about the fight in the size of your dog squad that counts .
Kearny could not get the most out of his dogs and his track record shows this
An ordinary coach can take over a Premiership winning squad and get results
But it takes a Great coach to build a Premiership winning culture .
Bozo my good man - point of my story is he is not some Amazing coach, but I feel in this case....done well with what he had....he pulled a pair of 9's at the poker table yet won a few hands.
Lets see who takes over and how much Warriors improve and discuss in say 5-6 weeks and you may jump on the sexy Maxta train my friend @;)

Bozo my good man - point of my story is he is not some Amazing coach, but I feel in this case....done well with what he had....he pulled a pair of 9's at the poker table yet won a few hands.
Lets see who takes over and how much Warriors improve and discuss in say 5-6 weeks and you may jump on the sexy Maxta train my friend @;)
listen feathered friend . Looking at your photo you are a good sort but not a good judge of a good coach . Kearny sucks . We will agree to disagree sexy Maxta :)

...On a separate issue....he has a 3 year deal and lasted 6 months.

Doesn't someone in management get hauled over the coals for wasting what would have to be well over a million dollars ?

I need a job like this where after 6 months, I'm kicking back knowing I'm still being paid.

I dont see too many Warriors fans sad to see him go, as far as his coaching is concerned anyway.

Had enough time to build a bit of a squad, and the results have clearly not come.

The timing may be seen as poor, given the Covid issues, but by all accounts they wanted to punt him last year, before the 3 year extension, but for Isaac Moses.

Wonder if he can go home or has to be 2 weeks in iso? Pretty tough call to punt him while they are in the bubble. I would have waited until the lockdown is more relaxed. More humane that way.

Too much "he's a kiwi... sign him" at the Warriors, Kearny is part of that. Should they try keep their best local juniors? Absolutely, but they need a more balanced squad. They're in danger of becoming a retirement home for Kiwis that used to be good but no one wants anymore.

listen feathered friend . Looking at your photo you are a good sort but not a good judge of a good coach . Kearny sucks . We will agree to disagree sexy Maxta :)
Well good call Bozo on the photo from 88 years ago
But let me repeat....I don't think he is some special coach....more a bloke who squeezed the lemon that had very little juice...and got most out of it...

The thing is that Kearney planted the tree and grew that lemon

He is a terrible coach, won’t drop his favourites no matter how bad they are going, scapegoats young players and is a stubborn prick that puts a black line through players who have plenty to offer the squad but he simply won’t pick them under any circumstances , no better example of that than Nikoll-Klokstad

He lost me completely when he was kiwis coach and decided he didn’t like Benji Marshall anymore so took Peta Hiku away on a tour to England as a 6

Last edited:
Too much "he's a kiwi... sign him" at the Warriors, Kearny is part of that. Should they try keep their best local juniors? Absolutely, but they need a more balanced squad. They're in danger of becoming a retirement home for Kiwis that used to be good but no one wants anymore.

Sounds like the NRL's version of Catalans. A retirement home for players looking for a last pay day before they drift off into television commentary or oblivion. And I know its a French club, but the Catalans seem to have this thing about having French players, most of whom wouldn't get games with other clubs.

Apparantly if you have a surname starting with Mc you are a shoe in for the gig.

John Ackland
Daniel Anderson
Ivan Cleary
Matthew Elliott
Frank Endacott
David Fairleigh
Mark Graham
Tony Iro
Stephen Kearney
Gary Kemble
Tony Kemp
Brian McClennan