[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Every ****in year our pre season goes to the crappper. I was looking forward to an injury free start.. turbo pulled more than a hammy in the bathroom.
I know it's rugby league, so dickheads are rife, but seriously, we keep on finding new ways to shoot ourselves in the foot during the off-season. I don't count the allegations against Snake, which were proven to be a complete fabrication, but from Watmough's biffo with a sponsor to Fainu getting stabby (allegedly) at a Mormon church dance - a Mormon church dance! - to Tommy slipping in the shower (or doing himself an injury running down the Corso - take your pick), it's a wonder we have any toes left.

I know it's rugby league, so dickheads are rife, but seriously, we keep on finding new ways to shoot ourselves in the foot during the off-season. I don't count the allegations against Snake, which were proven to be a complete fabrication, but from Watmough's biffo with a sponsor to Fainu getting stabby (allegedly) at a Mormon church dance - a Mormon church dance! - to Tommy slipping in the shower (or doing himself an injury running down the Corso - take your pick), it's a wonder we have any toes left.
It's really tough being a Manly supporter.. not that I'd follow any other team but FMD pre season suks eggs.

He should take a pay cut. We pay him to play football and entertain us and he isn't living upto his contract at all. Watch this wont be round 4 it'll be more like round 8 and then he will be walking on egg shells trying not to get hurt all year and we know it will happen again. If foran goes down as well by Job we are screwed.

This would be our spine

Funa
Schuster
Dce
Croker (spew emoji)

Croker goes down its cust and some kid named brit. This is spoon territory as we all know dce cant do it without turbo. Once again ****ed before season starts just when i was getting so pumped. Now we will get pumped. Roosters souths panthers... omg we are toast

Players are paid to train, play and rehab to the best of their ability.

They are also paid to engage with the community, sponsors and fans through club sanctioned events.

If they fail to do the above or cause disrepute to the brand then they can be fined, suspended or terminated.

Taking Turbo out of it, any player should never be expected to take a pay cut for injuries that are out of their control.

And if pressured to do so said club would struggle to ever sign a player again.

These are human beings

The best thing I saw in his media interview was the lack of crutches.

Maybe though we should have a signing policy of no brothers that play forwards and fullback - its like dating a stripper, they give you joy but there is always heartache at the door

Players are paid to train, play and rehab to the best of their ability.

They are also paid to engage with the community, sponsors and fans through club sanctioned events.

If they fail to do the above or cause disrepute to the brand then they can be fined, suspended or terminated.

Taking Turbo out of it, any player should never be expected to take a pay cut for injuries that are out of their control.

And if pressured to do so said club would struggle to ever sign a player again.

These are human beings
100% agree

Calling a player a flog because he gets injured......classy

Do people think Tom is out there hoping or trying to get injured or he enjoys it?

I've no doubt the person hurting the most is Turbo.

Yet grown adults on a forum throw their toys out of a pram because of it.

It is embarrassing

I'm sure when his $21,153.85 per week goes into his account , while he's rehabbing, he's gutted. That's not including his endorsements, state of origin ($30,000 per match), and Australian teams income.

Calling him names is unacceptable, I agree though.

That being said, $1.1 million per season of our salary cap (or 11.46%) sitting on the sideline, reducing the overall efficiency of the team as a whole is grating to some. It's not a one off. It's every single year.

I'm taking a guess, but would suggest Fainu is being paid a fair sum as well. So I'm suggesting we are paying 2 players circa 17-18% of our cap (or close to one fifth) overall on bodies that don't take the field, leaving us well and truly behind the eight-ball.

Just grinds on people, I guess ?

It's a shame that a coach like Des will have to shoulder the blame for performances based on a sub-par team, for reasons, outside of his control. Or Tom's to be fair. Fainu is his own worst enemy.

It sucks no doubt, I'm not happy about it.

Nor would expect any Manly fan to be.

I also understand when something is crap it is human nature to want to aportion blame....makes it easier to accept as opposed to just acknowledging that crap things happen.

I understand it.....but I still think it is childish

I can't believe the number of people who want to kick the most talented player this club has had for a long time to the kerb . The kids love him and he is worth every cent he is paid , even now the injury coverage is wall to wall , URM is on every TV screen in the country.
Even a blown Turbo is worth more to the club than some other non Tommy T.
We just have to get better when is not around.

I can't believe the number of people who want to kick the most talented player this club has had for a long time to the kerb . The kids love him and he is worth every cent he is paid , even now the injury coverage is wall to wall , URM is on every TV screen in the country.
Even a blown Turbo is worth more to the club than some other non Tommy T.
We just have to get better when is not around.

Or you could get 3-4 "above average" players (that actually make the field) in his place, for his price tag alone? Take Tom as a character out of it. We all know he's amazing. Pretend it was....say....Justin Hodges.

Would it make business sense not only for himself, but for the overall teams benefit for him to sit on the sidelines every game, every season, getting page a huge amount of the teams allocated salary cap?

If only Hopoate was just as badly injured all the time, and the kids on a train and trial with The Raiders isn't he? If he doesn't make it there, love to give him a shot, but I expect Ricky will get him motoring.

Or you could get 3-4 "above average" players (that actually make the field) in his place, for his price tag alone? Take Tom as a character out of it. We all know he's amazing. Pretend it was....say....Justin Hodges.

Would it make business sense not only for himself, but for the overall teams benefit for him to sit on the sidelines every game, every season, getting page a huge amount of the teams allocated salary cap?
If we take Turbos reported contract as 1.1mil and ignore the fact he probably brings in tpas then not sure you are getting 3-4 above average players.

For 4 players that is 275k......take the 3 extra mimimum contract you are talking 350k per head.

Guess it depends what you determine as above average.

If we take Turbos reported contract as 1.1mil and ignore the fact he probably brings in tpas then not sure you are getting 3-4 above average players.

For 4 players that is 275k......take the 3 extra mimimum contract you are talking 350k per head.

Guess it depends what you determine as above average.

Say 3 players on say almost 400k each. Jeez, or two players and 550k each. Whatever. Just a warm body that actually can make the playing field

Say 3 players on say almost 400k each. Jeez, or two players and 550k each. Whatever. Just a warm body that actually can make the playing field
Okay so what would be your preference?

Shop him around? See if we can get a taker at 900k...ish, pick up the rest of the tab?

Then if he has a few injury free years wins a premiership and Dally M???

But we picked up a say......Charles Nichol Klokstad and a Reed Mahony whikdt still paying him

Dunno

Clearly he did nothing to the hamstring during the ‘Corso Race’. He’d be pulling up with any issue if he did it whilst sprinting.

LATEST: Tom Trbojevic injured his hamstring slipping in bathroom. He has apologised to fans for the injury
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine

Ah the ole "slipped in the bathroom" excuse hey.....

He should apologise.....(and take less cash - we could give it to dce!)

In fact I'd like an email from both him and the club personally! that's how miffed I am.

Massive shame for him and the team. Doesn't really matter how it happened (shower vs corso sprint), it's happened.

Fact it is the other hammy they say is good. Hope that has merit in Physio-language, I would have thought that it shows both his Hammys have a pretty low threshold to cop injuries. However i'm not a doctor/physio. I hope they can find a way to sort it out for him as imagine this is his career - wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Good chance to test the depth we have in the position - interesting hearing Harper and Garrick mentioned as the first 2 options, rather than Funa who covered last year and showed improvement. Interested in people's thoughts on that (yet to read the thread in entirety tho, probably some input on that already)

We have some pretty tough games to start out, if we can find a way to win that would be encouraging to say the least, and fill the team with confidence like 2019, where we won games we were expected to lose, without both Turbo AND DCE.

These early games we would be underdogs in most of them even WITH Turbo - Roosters away, Rabbits home, Dragons away, Panthers home, Warriors 'away' - Many are picking Roosters/Rabbits/Penrith for top 4 as is, we historically struggle against St George (and Dragons generally have strong season starts and late-season fades), and Warriors could be bloody anything - AFB will certainly be out to prove something. All of these I saw as super-tough, and there are rarely any easy games now as is.

And for those who are getting all huff-puff about it and suggesting we dock his pay/unload him/sack Des for investing in damaged goods - shame on you. You would ruin the club for your spiteful impatience.

Who would ever want to play for us again if we showed that form? Good players attract other good players, and I can't think of any player that would dislike the 'urbos. Other clubs have dealt with worse returns on their investments (recently, Jack Bird at Broncos for example who was on similar coin to Turbo and is nowhere near the game breaker). Doesn't make it easy to swallow, but if past seasons have taught us anything it is that having a backup plan for injury is part of todays game - and I think the signings we have made exemplify this.

I thought at the time re-signing the 'urbos long-term was a shrewd move, and I still do. Same with the Fainus, despite the immediate imposition of a missing 9. These guys have the potential to build a dynasty at the club again - assuming we can actually get them on the field together!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11