Time for the Bulldogs and Hasler to part ways

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What chances that Hasler is signed as head coach and Barrett is kept on as his understudy with a view to taking over again in four to five years. If Hasler did walk away from the Dog's, I just can't see Bozo and the Penns not being keen to get him back to Manly. As it stands right now there is no way that the Dog's are going to be a top four team next season. They have made no significant signings for next year and have lost two of their better attacking backs in Rona and Perrett. Their spine of Hopoate, Mbye, Reynolds and Lichaa would rank as one of the worst in the competition. Interesting times ahead.
And their spine is even worse on any given Sunday!

Hasler won’t sign the two-year extension because the club has tried to insert a clause saying he must make the top four, Nine News reports.
Bone's was agitating for a similar clause with Barrett, he must at least make the top half of the bottom 4 to avoid the sack!.

I don't want that defector back. While he was a great player, and good a s a coach with us, he left us, for the dogs?

I'm happy to give Barrett half a season, with our new roster, and with a bit of luck with injuries, we might start to accept him.
I disagree because he is a proven entity, unfortunately we apply a tribal mentality where a business mindset now prevails - they guy knows how to win.

Also like the understudy suggestion for Baz, but he of course may hate the same suggestion.

With big money comes big expectations . The expectations were to win them the elusive grand final. Des has all the money to spend on players and all the best resources . The dogs game plan served by Des has become more and more boring and predicable.
The game plan surrounded a bunch of lumbering oafs and a halfwit Pommy git who enjoys chewing on ears. He worked with the clay provided. Kasiano was their best ball player ffs

And their spine is even worse on any given Sunday!
Yes for mine the Dog's are on a downward slide. Des is not stupid, he would be well aware that his squad will be flat out making the top eight next season. Manly on the other hand have the following players to build a team around, Tom Trbojevic, Dylan Walker, DCE, Matt Parcell, Darcy Lussick, Martin Tapau, AFB, Willis Meehan, Jake Trbojevic. All of the above players are very young or in their prime. The squad we are developing would actually be a tempting proposition for the right coach. It is obvious that the players like Trent Barrett and obviously rate him as a coach, as evidenced by the Turbo brothers seeking guarantees around his future before signing on this week. However with a bit of creativity I'm sure management could find a way around this and offer the playing group the best of both worlds.

What chances that Hasler is signed as head coach and Barrett is kept on as his understudy with a view to taking over again in four to five years. If Hasler did walk away from the Dog's, I just can't see Bozo and the Penns not being keen to get him back to Manly. As it stands right now there is no way that the Dog's are going to be a top four team next season. They have made no significant signings for next year and have lost two of their better attacking backs in Rona and Perrett. Their spine of Hopoate, Mbye, Reynolds and Lichaa would rank as one of the worst in the competition. Interesting times ahead.

Sorry, but I do not understand for the life of me why the Penn's would want Hasler back?
He royally shafted them and the club and did so in am underhanded and quite frankly, nasty way.
Why is it that they should want to pay this prick to come back and do it all again?
He got his nose out of joint last time because the board dared to question his autonomous rule of all things football. The prick left us with a salary cap disaster and tried to rip the guts out of the place AND threatened to sue Manly for more money after he and Greenturd conspired to pull off the whole act of betrayal.
But yeah......lets fall over ourselves to get him back.......please.

I disagree because he is a proven entity, unfortunately we apply a tribal mentality where a business mindset now prevails - they guy knows how to win.

Also like the understudy suggestion for Baz, but he of course may hate the same suggestion.

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion. When Des won those premierships, it was with a high quality roster, at their best. It's arguable that Barrett, given the same opportunity could have done the same. You are only as good as the motor under your bonnet, and "SuperCoach" Des is struggling to even make a creative attack plan. Might I suggest Brad Arthur had better skills in this area?

You hang around with dogs, you get fleas. Des is a dog, he dogged us for coin, and now he's giving the dogs a doggie!

Stuff Des, don't chuck him a bone ffs.

He won't be out of work for long. The Tigers, Dragons or a number of other clubs will snap him up if the Dogs let him go.

I'd take him back, do what Warriors did with McFadden stepping down as an assistant. Anyone else think if Des comes back we might get Foz again in 2018?

IF Des is sacked, no one can argue that he's the most accomplished coach on the market. Any board other than the broncos, storm and cronulla would be doing there fans and club a disservice by not considering him.

As for Manly's situation; he knows the club inside and out. Has a proven success rate there, and didn't leave because of poor performances. Personality clashes and money obviously were a sticking point, but no can argue that we have been better off without him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bozo has a master plan about getting Des back and protecting his and Toovey's relationship by getting a lamb to slaughter (Barrett) in between. Or hiring Barrett with the understanding if someone of Des's calibre becomes available, then he could step down and learn, or step aside.

On balance, I'd love him back. And I'd love Barrett to stay around, and Noel Cleal to come back too.

Can't believe how idiotic they are. Blaming the coach for them not winning a grand final despite him putting them in the position to do so. They are a far better side since having him around.

I'll have him back, players will come with him and we will see success again.

giphy.gif

I don't want that defector back. While he was a great player, and good a s a coach with us, he left us, for the dogs?

I'm happy to give Barrett half a season, with our new roster, and with a bit of luck with injuries, we might start to accept him.
Yeah the dog went to the dogs...f*ck him...the dog

Just a theory, did we possibly sign an unproven and rookie coach, so we wouldn't have to pay him a large salary, hence him being easier to move on from a financial perspective if someone better became available?

Just a theory, did we possibly sign an unproven and rookie coach, so we wouldn't have to pay him a large salary, hence him being easier to move on from a financial perspective if someone better became available?

Funny thing I just had the same thought. I recall Trent insisted on 3 years when Manly only wanted him for 2. They probably gave in on that because an extra year's salary wasn't a whole lot of coin.

Remember, Des had issues with the club implementing KPI's after such a wonder run of results. He was being somewhat white anted by our terrible back office.

Remember everyone - Des Hasler is Manly through and through.

Bozo went to The Chooks. Vaughtan went to The Chooks. They are still Manly blood.

There's always two sides to every story, and I feel Hasler was being pressured by inappropriate areas, who should have just stfu, which is why he left.

I'd have him back, and Tooves as our assistant ANY day of the week. Would bring pride and individual accountability back into the squad. We'd have our identity back.

I don't know what you'd call the product we have witnessed the last 12 months, but it sure doesn't FEEL like Manly.

Members not renewing? LOL. Could this partly be why Joe Kelly is gone? We all know they make up the numbers in various ways now, but I'm sure our REAL membership numbers have been dropping systematically.

Come home Des.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8