Time for the Bulldogs and Hasler to part ways

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Money may not be an issue. Remember the articles last year about us trying to lure Brad Arthur with a $1M salary in order to keep Foz?

The split was pretty nasty so it's hard to see Des coming back, but money talks. One possible lure for him, win one more comp with Manly and he is our greatest ever coach.
plus "no longer have to commute to a ****heap every day"

image.png

Just to reflect, I found this from over a year ago. I read it as someone a tad saddened by the plight of their old club explaining it up as a "comp needs strong competition" story.

Hasler's take on Manly's woes, April 2015...........Rocco Luca - RLW.......

Link: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hasler-whats-happening-manly-wrong/

HASLER: ‘WHAT’S HAPPENING AT MANLY IS JUST WRONG’
CANTERBURY and former Manly coach Des Hasler says the loss of star players from his old club was damaging to the competition and something that should “never have been allowed to happen”.

Ahead of the Bulldogs meeting the Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium on Friday night, Hasler says all clubs go through difficulties and that it’s up to clubs to handle those situations.

Continues...........

The split was pretty nasty so it's hard to see Des coming back, but money talks. One possible lure for him, win one more comp with Manly and he is our greatest ever coach.

That sounds like a "challenge" - Des likes challenges if I recall correctly...

Imagine Bozo, Des and Tooves being mates and all working in unison to make Manly the best it could be. By god we'd have some clout !
You forget the fat one, don't forget the fat one ...... he'll be in the there stirring it all up.

Ivan Cleary, John Cartwright head list if Hasler leaves Bulldogs

Ivan Cleary and John Cartwright are ready to step into Des Hasler’s shoes should Canterbury cut loose their high-profile coach.

It’s understood both are eager to take over the reins at Belmore if the board and Hasler part ways.

Canterbury chairman Ray Dib and his fellow six directors, who will meet on Friday to discuss Hasler’s future, are playing a dangerous game with a coach known for doing things his own way.

Just a month after taking Manly to a premiership in 2011, Hasler quit following a disagreement over the terms of his contract upgrade.

The Bulldogs face a similar scenario five years later, with performance clauses added to a new two-year deal that were not part of original discussions, upsetting the coach.

Hasler’s five years at Canterbury have been relatively successful, with the Bulldogs reaching the finals each year.

more....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/bbc1f5c72436dd4d31dc35827026247b

Barrett to assistant under Des. Punt carty. Problems solved.

Also perhaps these singings with the twin turbos, kapow are linked. Perhaps they have been told change is coming..

Like Bennett & Bellamy have changed their styles coaching styles over the years?
I get your point. But just as an outsider looking in I get a feeling there is a little more depth to Bellamy and Bennett. I know that a coach lives and dies by the cattle he has at his disposal, so maybe Des has struggled a little on that front. Anyway what do I know, he'll probably come back here and deliver two more premierships in the next 5 years

Im just not into playing favorites. It was sad to see jamie bhurer go and killer retiring but thats footy. I watch footy for entertainment and while losing is part of footy its much more fun watching a win, or at least when your team is capable every week.

Its also much better win lose or draw if you are not a walking crisis waiting to implode

If des came back i see him making manly more competitive within a week. He may also bring us one big man from the dogs. He has never had the halves or the backs at the dogs. In my view he has overperformed considering his team. The dogs committee are a bunch of head cases

He is a good coach plain and simple. He is a strong leader and it will show our club is not all run by idiots if he does return, as we know he wont unless he has his freedom.

Trent shows promise in my opinion but its too early to tell. Id have Des back for sure. Show cartright the door, make trent part of the team until he gets a better gig

It will be a strange one too for the forum moaners. He is a manly man, he did **** in his nest, coaching is a Results driven business, tooves will probably be happy for des and manly. Some posters will have so many personalites next year that dan will have to introduce pet membership and one week memebership to keep up with it.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8