Time for the Bulldogs and Hasler to part ways

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hasler under fire to keep Bulldogs job
Daily Telegraph
-
October 11, 2016 - 9:31 am

Des Hasler’s future at Canterbury will go on the line this Friday with revelations the football club board has been summoned to a specially convened meeting.

Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle has confirmed the meeting was specifically to discuss the coaching situation.

It is understood there are sections of the board who are unhappy with the direction the club is heading under Hasler. If the board opts for change, a major stumbling block could come down to negotiating a suitable payout of the 55-year-old’s reported $1.2 million salary for the final year of his existing contract.

http://www.zerotackle.com/hasler-under-fire-to-keep-bulldogs-job-24155/

Maybe this is where the Barrett may not be coach in a few months stories come from. If Des comes on to the market this weekend - Bozo may throw the kitchen sink at him and Trent may have to make way.

I hope we don't. Lets keep going forward, not 3 steps forward and a giant leap backwards.
Just let things go as they are now progressing and see what we get at the end, whatever that may be. #backtotheoffseason

The Bulldogs are basically having the EXACT same issues we had with De$, excepting of course we'd won two GF's in the process.

I've said before and will say again " De$ will never be back, we don't have the money, the facilities nor will they be prepared to give him full power to do as he wishes".

I'm not sure where he'll go because other than maybe Brisbane , Roosters or maybe Melbourne which club has the funds he needs to play his merry games?

Sorry @bones but what should we do, Have 3 x 1 year plans and couple of 2 year plans and just keep the instability going. I'm not happy with our current direction, but at SOME stage we need stability and we don't need De$. IMO!!!!!

Get Hasler back at any cost and with full control. Just my opinion.
I agree with you bones that Quality coaches need full control to successfully get the job done but we have to question Hasler's coaching methods since he left Manly . Also as Mark from Brisbane has said , There is no way our club can give him 1.2 mil . Hasler IMO has under coached and over priced him self .

I have mixed feelings about having him back.
At least he is not a YES man and will stand up to Penn, Zorba and Bozo.
With the direction we have gone since he left and what the Bulldogs have achieved at least they have been there abouts each season.
2V got shafted as he had no real control, Hasler will do his own thing and I think Penn, Zorba and Bozo know that and won't have him back because they wouldn't be able to handle not sticking their nose in every 5 minutes.

I would have him back in a heartbeat assuming we could afford him etc etc. He has only missed the semis once in his career - his first year in 2004.

We just missed in 2015 and looked so far off the pace this year that is was embarrassing. I am not saying Trent Barrett is a bad coach and I understand it was his first season however with Des back we could be fairly certain given his historical results that we would make the semis next year and beyond. Trent is still an unknown as a coach

I have mixed feelings about having him back.
At least he is not a YES man and will stand up to Penn, Zorba and Bozo.
With the direction we have gone since he left and what the Bulldogs have achieved at least they have been there abouts each season.
2V got shafted as he had no real control, Hasler will do his own thing and I think Penn, Zorba and Bozo know that and won't have him back because they wouldn't be able to handle not sticking their nose in every 5 minutes.
Could it be that Bozo and Co don't trust Barrett's ability as he is new to the gig, hence why they put their nose in everything. With an experienced coach in Hasler they may keep out.

Could it be that Bozo and Co don't trust Barrett's ability as he is new to the gig, hence why they put their nose in everything. With an experienced coach in Hasler they may keep out.
The human garbage can could not keep his nose out of anything

nine.com

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler is reportedly refusing to sign an extension with the club because of a bizarre clause in the contract.

Hasler won’t sign the two-year extension because the club has tried to insert a clause saying he must make the top four, Nine News reports.

The latest revelations come after reports over the weekend that suggested Hasler already had a two-year contract extension pulled after the Bulldogs were bundled out in week one of the NRL finals.

The club will convene Friday to specifically deal with Hasler and the football club.

It’s understood some members of the board are unhappy with where the club is headed under Hasler’s leadership as coach.

If the disgruntled members of the board get their way, the club would have to fork out a suitable payout to Hasler for the final year of his reported $1.2 million per year contract.

The response from the Kennel .......

Rightio - fck off now then master coach

Get lost Hasler you fckwit

I bet they crack and offer him a contract anyway. Gutless, why are they even offering him one? He's had his turn and failed, time to move on.

Then fck off simple you **** cnt.

Manly fans are laughing at us

The club should just go ahead and anounce a new coach for 2018. Give the new recruitment officer a chance to sign players off contract next year and the opportunity to know who their coach at dogs will be.
Next year is a lost cause for us anyway. DES has lost the dressing room.already. Players should play their own game next year and not
follow his failing outdated structures.

The response from the Kennel .......

Rightio - fck off now then master coach

Get lost Hasler you fckwit

I bet they crack and offer him a contract anyway. Gutless, why are they even offering him one? He's had his turn and failed, time to move on.

Then fck off simple you **** cnt.

Manly fans are laughing at us

The club should just go ahead and anounce a new coach for 2018. Give the new recruitment officer a chance to sign players off contract next year and the opportunity to know who their coach at dogs will be.
Next year is a lost cause for us anyway. DES has lost the dressing room.already. Players should play their own game next year and not
follow his failing outdated structures.

I AM laughing at them - for their idiocy. Tell you what, they won't get an upgrade on Hasler unless Bellamy makes himself available. Who would they prefer?

What chances that Hasler is signed as head coach and Barrett is kept on as his understudy with a view to taking over again in four to five years. If Hasler did walk away from the Dog's, I just can't see Bozo and the Penns not being keen to get him back to Manly. As it stands right now there is no way that the Dog's are going to be a top four team next season. They have made no significant signings for next year and have lost two of their better attacking backs in Rona and Perrett. Their spine of Hopoate, Mbye, Reynolds and Lichaa would rank as one of the worst in the competition. Interesting times ahead.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10