[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Damn how things have changed at Silvertails....

I was once seen as one of the overly negative types when Manly were on top, now when things are down i get the odd "like" and others have taken up the mantle of "Dribble/Troll"

Bizarro World time to retire while on top.

How do you know he was afforded all the recruitment luxury he desired? Very easily pleased is our coach in that case. So a "proven" coach who comes to Manly and has such a bad year people like you ignore the luxury roster and injuries and rebuilding factor yet an unproven coach has a bad year and it'off with his head. You need to study a bit of logic. So a proven coach like Stuart has ten bad years , does that prove anything to you? See you're looking to prove things that can't be proven and you can't see it.
I need to study logic? Lol....he walked Hiku and Ballin, and demanded Taupau and Walker. These are known facts, stated by the players in question. I would say that indicates Barrett has a fair amount of influence in recruitment, and that you have the vision issues here. You are deluded and clutching at excuses.

Catch the game at Brookvale today?
I need to study logic? Lol....he walked Hiku and Ballin, and demanded Taupau and Walker. These are known facts, stated by the players in question. I would say that indicates Barrett has a fair amount of influence in recruitment, and that you have the vision issues here. You are deluded and clutching at excuses.
If you think you are proving anything with this point refer to my previous point about your lack of logic. If in fact Barrett did demand anything and got it good on him lets see how it works out. If you have a vision of him walking up to Bozo and demanding players good luck to you

If you think you are proving anything with this point refer to my previous point about your lack of logic. If in fact Barrett did demand anything and got it good on him lets see how it works out. If you have a vision of him walking up to Bozo and demanding players good luck to you
You are having a good time in your own mind, good luck with that.

You are having a good time in your own mind, good luck with that.
Just wondering what your views are of Tapau's performances this year - particularly the second half of the year?

Personally I have seen a massive step up from him and Lussick which seemed to shift the whole dynamic of our forward pack. He hasn't shirked his responsibilities, has made more metres than anyone did for us last year and has put up some big numbers. I have seen numerous runs he has made right when we needed it and carried many defenders with him. Since round 7, Marty has made an average of 144m per game at 14 runs per game (10m per run ave). He has also made an average of 26 tackles per game. In the same period Darcy has made an average of 132m at 14 runs (9.3m per run ave) with 22 tackles per game across the season.

Remember, Tapau was a 30/40 minute player last year - jumping to 80 minutes is a massive ask in one year, especially for someone built like him. I think he has come along really well and has been a big plus for us.

Also, you mentioned that Barrett demanded Walker (along with Tapau) - are you speaking from a position of inside knowledge or making assumptions based on what has been reported /commented on?

Not having a go - just interested.

Just wondering what your views are of Tapau's performances this year - particularly the second half of the year?

Personally I have seen a massive step up from him and Lussick which seemed to shift the whole dynamic of our forward pack. He hasn't shirked his responsibilities, has made more metres than anyone did for us last year and has put up some big numbers. I have seen numerous runs he has made right when we needed it and carried many defenders with him. Since round 7, Marty has made an average of 144m per game at 14 runs per game (10m per run ave). He has also made an average of 26 tackles per game. In the same period Darcy has made an average of 132m at 14 runs (9.3m per run ave) with 22 tackles per game across the season.

Remember, Tapau was a 30/40 minute player last year - jumping to 80 minutes is a massive ask in one year, especially for someone built like him. I think he has come along really well and has been a big plus for us.

Also, you mentioned that Barrett demanded Walker (along with Tapau) - are you speaking from a position of inside knowledge or making assumptions based on what has been reported /commented on?

He has been solid for most of the year but awesome the last half a dozen games. One of the things that ****s me about the team at the moment is the lack of support play, as the big fella has an awesome offload.

Tapau has been awesome of late. Barnstorming runs bending the line.

That game against the dogs was incredible. Still charging through the defence and carrying defenders in extra time . Over 250 meters!

He has been solid for most of the year but awesome the last half a dozen games. One of the things that ****s me about the team at the moment is the lack of support play, as the big fella has an awesome offload.
True. Seems to bust the line and have an arm free but no one following through. Parcell walker and tommy need to follow him next year

I saw him look around for support runners at least three or four times on Saturday and no one was backing up. Made me sad :(

He has just endorsed Barretts so called recruitment without even knowing , Hiku for Walker is a fair debate normal people could conduct, but bringing Mat back and "walking" Martin back to the tigers is the silliest thing I have ever heard. I suspect he is just saying hopeless things to stir people up

Gee I think everyone needs to take a chill pill. I am a passionate supporter and very disappointed with the seasons result however I always remember how lucky I have been to witness 8 wonderfull grand final wins. I feel fortunate I decided 45 years ago to support such a wonderful team. Just imagine if you were a sharks supporter And you know in every game this year, no matter how bad a loss it has been , there has always been a positive wether it be Turbo or Tapau or Parker.

Sure. But the last two season have been an off-field disaster that has changed our Manly culture for the worse.
It's not just our on-field results.

Gee I think everyone needs to take a chill pill. I am a passionate supporter and very disappointed with the seasons result however I always remember how lucky I have been to witness 8 wonderfull grand final wins. I feel fortunate I decided 45 years ago to support such a wonderful team. Just imagine if you were a sharks supporter And you know in every game this year, no matter how bad a loss it has been , there has always been a positive wether it be Turbo or Tapau or Parker.
We have to be very careful to accept mediocrity which is what the last two years has been all about. Low grade decision after decision resulting in two crap seasons. It's not good enough. It's not what this club is about.

It's been far too long between "torch Barrett" threads, sack him now, and put him out of his misery, it's cruel

I know , let's start another sack Twenty thread!!

He gets sacked , Scott Fulton comes in ( played for Manly) everyone's happy!!

Maybe we should start merging them into one mega trent thread? What does everyone reckon?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8