[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Throw caution to the wind this weekend Super Coach Trent & bin your conservative attacking structures. The Panthers are red hot favs for this one so throw them a curve ball and see how they cope. Let's finish this horrendous season with a win :praying:

Throw caution to the wind this weekend Super Coach Trent & bin your conservative attacking structures. The Panthers are red hot favs for this one so throw them a curve ball and see how they cope. Let's finish this horrendous season with a win :praying:
Structures??? What are these structures you speak of, I haven't spotted any such things all season and I have been looking for them.

Structures??? What are these structures you speak of, I haven't spotted any such things all season and I have been looking for them.
Sorry mate for some unknown reason i was trying to be kind to TB. Should have said change our attack FROM crabbing sideways, throwing wayward passes, knocking the ball on and losing the ball in the tackle - TO playing at pace, changing our points of attack to exploit lazy defenders, players pushing through the line, committing defenders before shifting the ball etc etc.

Why can't injuries be used as an excuse? No amount of "culture" can surely make up for, not being as good as the players that were replaced.

Once, twice maybe. Never over a long period.
It doesn't suit the anti Twenty brigade to acknowledge that , they push it aside and say " if we had better game plans we would have won more games".

Most of them have tunnel vision, and can't see anything other than a " blame the coach " argument.

It doesn't suit the anti Twenty brigade to acknowledge that , they push it aside and say " if we had better game plans we would have won more games".

Most of them have tunnel vision, and can't see anything other than a " blame the coach " argument.
I didn't accept it as an excuse last year so why would I accept this year. Cleary didn't accept it when he was coach at Penrith just as all good coaches don't use it as an excuse. Please don't stop though, rationalising our situation makes being a bottom feeder more tolerable, albeit thorougly delusional. :*

As an aside, I have been consistent on my views of the coach from the moment I saw the team list for round 1 and long before injuries could be used to rationalise our situation.

Just because a coach doesn't complain, does it mean that they didn't want to.. Wouldn't they want to talk up the new player to try and build up his confidence and belief.. Give him support.

With less injuries our season would have been better..

Maybe not much better, but better

Now that Cleary is not a coach.. He is coming out and saying that injuries are a major factor for a few teams.

Last edited:
Just because a coach doesn't complain, does it mean that they didn't want to.. Wouldn't they want to talk up the new player to try and build up his confidence and belief.. Give him support.

Now that Cleary is not a coach.. He is coming out and saying that injuries are a major factor for a few teams.

But is Barrett actually a coach or a puppet?

Of course injuries play a massive part in a teams success, for example why are the Sharks / Storm top 2??

Good players, well coached BUT almost zero injuries!!

Good case in point, Manly 2008 & Manly 2011 used how many players in the year ( 20 or 21 I think), this year we will use ( if Bainbridge plays this weekend) 33.

Cronulla I think has used 19!!

But no, it's all the coaches fault!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12